Whats The Difference Between the 2005-2009 Mustang GT? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT_2008 View Post
sorry i meant dual-knock strategy that allows the engine to run on regular or premium gas but i dont know if this is just my bullitt or all 08 and 09
That was just on the Bullitt, and probably on the 2010 as well since it has the Bullitt engine in it.

2008 Grabber Orange GT premium, 5 speed manual, 3.31s
C&L Racer CAI, Kooks LT headers and catted H pipe, MAC Boom Tubes, Diablosport Predator Tuner with AM/Bama Tunes

Heroes Live Forever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlugs View Post
I guess DOD thinks you should be working...
Not sure if Flickr is also on their blocked sites list, but here it is again, on Flickr:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3390/...aa7cb18e_o.jpg
Yeah, I guess so. They got that one too.

1965 Mustang Coupe
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Unfortunately, photobucket is blocked by the Dept of Defense.
i will load it here:hihi:,,,stl is working late,,,,i am working early
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08plugs.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	60982  

Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by toorbeenee View Post
i will load it here:hihi:,,,stl is working late,,,,i am working early
Thanks man... I can see that! Quite a difference.

1965 Mustang Coupe
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

you are correct.. All the years automatics had 3.31's tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
I believe '05 and '06 were the only years when 3.55s were standard on the GT manual, after that, '07 and above, they were an option, or 3.31 standard. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

==================
2007 Redfire Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Black cloth top, 5 speed, heated seats, IUP, PTP, Dark charcoal with chamois seats, 18" polished wheels, side air bags, Shaker 500, Wheel Locking Kit, Active Anti-Theft System, spoiler delete, Ford racing X pipe, SLP LM's, FRPP Bullitt cai, Tillmans dyno tune, MGW shifter.. born 10/18/2006
Rookie

OK SO....... this guy i know says he has a 2007 mustang gt but it looks like an 05 like mine is there any difference in the body that i can use to prove his stupid ass wrong
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramulf618 View Post
OK SO....... this guy i know says he has a 2007 mustang gt but it looks like an 05 like mine is there any difference in the body that i can use to prove his stupid ass wrong
No, there is no difference in the body. You'll have to find something else to prove him wrong (or right) with.

2008 Mustang GT Deluxe, Black, Manual Transmission, Black Cloth Interior
Show: Katzkin Leather Interior, Matte Black 10" Stripes, NXT Step Performance Axlebacks, Pypes M80 Mufflers (mid mounted), CDC Sequential Tail Lights, 14" Shorty Antenna, Ford OEM Plenum Cover, Ford Semigloss Black Painted Valve Covers, Leather Wrapped OEM Steering Wheel
Go: Airaid Race CAI, BAMA Tune, J&M Lower Control Arms, JLT Oil Separator
Coming Soon: Motive 4.10 gears
Rookie

The strut towers are farther apart changed in 07 for gt500 5.4 frame was beef up for the weight of new engine
PONY Member

the 08 was the fastest, it had 2 supermegachargers standard and exhaust custom tuned to sound like a herd of Brontosaurus.

2012 5.0 GT M6 Grabber Blue
300A, 3.73s, Brembo Brake package, Lethal O/R X-pipe, Mac axle back, JLT CAI, Lund cammed tune/Bama race tune, J&M LCAs, FRPP K springs, Tokico HP struts, MGW shifter, 305/18 NT555Rs

2012 Accord SE - DD
Lost loves: '97 Acura CL, '08 Mustang V6, '05 Pontiac GTO, 2011 Civic
GT Member

Quote:
Like STL said in an early post on this thread, there were cooling system changes between the 05/06 GT's and 07+. Look at the cooling hoses and routing on the driver's side, it will be a quite a bit different between your 05 and his 07.

Or else look up the VIN.

2005 Sonic Blue Auto GT, ordered new
Procharger D1SC
Thanks JPC Racing!
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_w View Post
You could only get Sonic Blue in 2005... therefore all other years were inferior.
What is the difference in Sonic Blue and Vista Blue. When i googled the 2 its hard to see a difference in pictures. Also Did they use Sonic Blue in the S195s? I saw a bunch of those cars come up in the search too.

1969 Mustang Fastback, 347 Stroker, Tremec 5 speed.
GT Member

Sonic blue was more purple looking. I believe people with real taste hated it, so they changed the color. LOL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment on the original post:

The cars were basically POS until about the 2007 model, when they finally got their act together and started putting some decent parts in the cars. I'm not referring to major problems, but problems with just too many parts which had poor quality control in manufacture, or needed design updates.
PONY Member

Quote:

Its because they all look the same between 05 and 09. What are you trying to prove him wrong about?

2008 Mustang GT 5 speed 472HP 436 TQ
Procharger P-1SC Stage 2, GT500 Fuel System, FRPP Stingers, O/R H-pipe, Metco LCA's, Hurst shifter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s197gt View Post
Sonic blue was more purple looking. I believe people with real taste hated it, so they changed the color. LOL.

The cars were basically POS until about the 2007 model, when they finally got their act together and started putting some decent parts in the cars. I'm not referring to major problems, but problems with just too many parts which had poor quality control in manufacture, or needed design updates.
Never have had a single problem of any sort with my '05 ordered new from the factory, minor or otherwise. It's never even been back to a dealer since I picked it up.

Won't comment on the color opinion since it's just that

2005 Sonic Blue Auto GT, ordered new
Procharger D1SC
Thanks JPC Racing!
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
You can always check the inside of his vehicle to see if the radio has an AUX input jack. Mustangs didn't get those until the 2007 model year. So if his car has it, most likely it's a 2007 or above, if it doesn't it's probably a 2005 - 2006.

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page