Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what oil do you use in your mustang

3K views 33 replies 23 participants last post by  shifter87 
#1 ·
im just about due for my oil change and im thinking i should do it my self and get some better oil than the motorcraft and just looking for some ideas of what i should use

what kind of oil is in your mustang?

#3 ·
I use both the Motorcraft synthetic blend and the Motorcraft full synthetic.

#4 ·
penzoil 5w-30

fram filter.

dads used penzoil for years. then i have ( mowers karts trucks cars ) never had a prob.

i change my oil every 2K

it gets the job done!

#5 ·
The one the only

Royal purple 5W20 and Royal purple oil filter. You can feel the wight difference in the quality of filter.

#8 ·
i honestly think im the only penzoil man on these forums lol

#11 ·
#13 ·
Mobil 1, Amsoil and Royal Purple are all acceptable to me and my engine.

Frank

#14 ·
When I switched over to full synthetic I ran Royal Purple for the first 5k miles to help get everything loosened up. I used it for 2 oil changes since they claim it helps to smooth out your engine parts and harden everything (yeah yeah, ok :so).

After that I switched to Mobil 1 full synthetic since I saw pictures of 5twenty's motor after he took it out. 120k miles and everything was spotless. :gringreen

#16 ·
my brother has a SVT Lightning very heavily modded. And on his forum they did a test with roayl purple, mobile-1, amsoil, and valvoline. Royal Purple took lasts place while Amsoil and Mobile-1 finish in first and second.

i heard royal purples nothing special at all. So im going to start using either mobile-1 or amsoil.

#22 ·
I've read the US military uses Mobil 1 for tanks and other military vehicles. I guess in the battlefield, when you need something that you can put your life on, you pick up that Mobil 1 engine oil.

With all that stop and go, prolonged idling, extreme temperatures, dust, and the possibility of not being able to change the oil when it's time. If Mobil 1 is good enough for them, it's good enough for me. :bigthumbsup

#24 ·
My Dad, has explained the oil deal to me many times. He has always said it is important to use a "name" brand oil in your car and to be sure to use what type the manufacturer has spec'd for the vehicle. He does like Synthetics like Mobil 1. When it comes to oil there simply is no "miracle" which will do what some products claim. The lab tests done on petroleum products are very stringent, and the name brands follow the rules very strictly. There is no room for error with this stuff.
By the way, He would know more than the average guy.... as he was a lab tech for Exxon Mobil and also Citgo for his entire career. He worked with perfecting blends and dispersants so he knows his stuff.

#25 ·
Who Cares?

#27 ·
Mobil 1 fully synthetic since the first oil change with a Motorcraft filter. Do it myself, takes 15 min

#28 ·
I use the standard Motorcraft at the dealership. I got a 3/36K mile free oil changes (every 3K) with my GT.

#30 ·
keith you know ur not the only penzoil user on the forums, i use it too

#32 ·
I use Motorcraft 5W20 synthetic blend and Motorcraft oil filters. If Ford likes it; I love it! :gringreen

#33 ·
Pep boys and a local or a local performance shop I go to abot 6.29 a quart.

#34 ·
I dont know where that test came from but I am very glad that i switched from mobil1 to royal purple their filters are a better heavier construction that last I believe over 10,000 and thier oil is one of a kind oil that you can feel the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.