Scratched leather seats? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009 Thread Starter
Registered

Scratched leather seats?

My drivers side seat is scrathed. Any idea how I might be able to fix this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009
PONY Member
2.3L Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Leather and vinyl repair kit.

White 1993 Mustang LX 2.3L; my trusty daily driver.
Black 2005 Mustang GT; my babied weekend warrior.
"Money doesn't grow on trees. It's planted in my Mustangs."
I am a girl and yes, these are my Mustangs!

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009
4.6L Member

is it a tear or is it just a scratch. another thing, what color is it. i might have a solution.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009
SHELBY GT 500 Member

my g/f worked at a shop for years doing seats, headliners ect. about the only real fix is to have that section replaced. she did tons of outside driver seat sections. they take a beating. find a local auto upholstery shop. right now new takeoff has leather seat covers w/o airbags again for 299.

05 V6 auto,
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amustangrocks View Post
my g/f worked at a shop for years doing seats, headliners ect. about the only real fix is to have that section replaced. she did tons of outside driver seat sections. they take a beating. find a local auto upholstery shop. right now new takeoff has leather seat covers w/o airbags again for 299.
I've had my car for about 4 months and already the outside section of the driver's seat has got all sorts of creases in it. I'm not THAT fat!

2008 Vapor GT Premium Convertible
5 spd, IUP, 18" wheels, 14" shorty antenna, some interior dress up mods. FRPP CAI, GTA mufflers.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009 Thread Starter
Registered

It is the charcoal interior,and it is just scratched
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009
Apprentice
V6 Member

I have a similar issue; the interior color is "charcole", although if you asked anyone who looked at it they'd say it's black. Ford has always had an issue with knowing their colors .

Not sure how it got scratched as I never carry anything in my back pockets, not even a wallet.

Anyone have any experience with this short of the obvious "replace the panel" choice

Les Bateman, 2006 V6, Pony Package ; Eibach springs, dual cat-back exhaust, shorty headers, shaker hood, blackout hood and pinstripe, Agent47 mirrors, rear window louvers, custom-built center caps, chromed shelby wheels, blackout gas filler door, sequential turn signals, chrome trim rear lights, center console pad and arm rest pads, Bama performance tunes, ....and more on the way!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009
S197 Member

I have the same issue, only 12K miles and the welting around the seat is worn and I too have a scratch/rub mark in that panel...asked Vista Ford about it and they say "thats normal wear and tear"...I say cheap vinyl or leather, whatever Ford calls it...Guess I 'll just wait til it gets ugly and then buy some after market leather.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009
GT Member
S197 Member

I scratched my red seat with buttons on pockets of shorts.I cut the buttons off.Got 47,000 on car and just got used to it.Figure if gets really bad will just replace cover.

2006 Gt Premium coupe,automatic,white with red Shelby stripes,18 in.wheels,seq lites,plem. cover,Rouse hood scoop and flowmasters,Steeda strut brace,Steeda polished stainless fuse and radiator covers,rear camera(Boyo tag cam)thru Crimestopper rear mirror.Ford molded mud flaps,Silverhorse polished billet fuel door,and chrome console trim.Headlight Splitters.American Muscle Raxiom 2010 taillights.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

i try to make a habbit of getting out of the car without putting weight or sliding on the side of the seat. but it happens to every car and cant hardly be avoided. charcoal is black

05 V6 auto,
PONY Member

yeah i have black leather, it has like creases or whatever but I figure it just happens...I'm not really worried about it though

07 Grabber V6
Appearance:Pony Package Mach1 look alike sorta
Performance:Straight Pipes into Shelby GT500 Mufflers
Future:CAI+tunes;4.10's t-lok on 7.5;MAC Longtubes;Sequentials and Quarter Louvers
The Greek Definition of Happiness: The full use of your powers along the lines of excellence
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

you will probably just have to replace that bad boy. wait till it gets so ugly you cant stand it, then buy some nice new ones!!!

1985 Regatta Blue vert 5.0- 87 5.0 shortblock, T5 transmission, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter, A/C delete, UDP's, edelbrock rpm performer intake, holley 600 4bbl carb, dual flowmaster 44's with o/r H pipe, MSD ignition, 1.72 roller rockers, Tokico HP shocks/struts, FRPP B springs, FRPP 4.10's

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2007 V6 Nitrous injected-SOLD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I am having the same issues. I am wondering about using the leather dye that I would use on dress shoes. This might work for you. Thoughts?

Victor
2007 Foose Stallion "The Prowler"
FRPP Polished Whipple SC - 8lb boost, FRPP Hot Rod Cams (M-6550-3V), FRPP Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers, FRPP Tuned Racing Suspension, MagnaFlow Magnapack Catback, Steeda TriAx, Nexus Series - AFM, Vac/Boost, Fuel Pressure, Speed of Sound Dash Pod, Raptor Blue LED Shift Light. 425 RWHP 387 TQ
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009 Thread Starter
Registered

I think this happened from the rivets that are on the back pockets to my jeans. From sliding in and out of the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page