Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilberGT View Post
FWIW,

Naptha is the main ingredient in most lighter fluids. Guitar repair techs and luthiers have been using it to clean guitars for many, many years. It also works well for filling your Zippo, too.
No kidding??? Pretty versatile stuff!

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
What did you use to mount the stripes? Dawn and water?
actually I used 1/4 teaspoon of palmalive and 1/4 teaspoon of alcohol in 20 ounces of water.

07 Mustang GT,Alloy Met.,Dark Charcoal Leather,5 spd manual,3:55 gears,upgraded interior. Mods; Hurst Billet shifter,Stillen sway bars,CDC replacement Grille, Agent 47 Mirrors,DG Customs 1/4 window louvers,Steeda cowl hood,CDC chin spoiler,Smoked turn signals,CCFL Halo headlight,tinted windows ,Mac axle back,AVS black taillight trim,sequential&tinted rear lights,CW black bumper layover grille.Omega B/M 18x9&18x10 Nitto NT555 255/45 & 285/40
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_STANG_THING View Post
actually I used 1/4 teaspoon of palmalive and 1/4 teaspoon of alcohol in 20 ounces of water.
Dawn is the only detergent that you're supposed to use. And, in fact, it has to be original (blue) Dawn. Hope the Palmalive works ok.

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Dawn is the only detergent that you're supposed to use. And, in fact, it has to be original (blue) Dawn. Hope the Palmalive works ok.
sticking like glue

07 Mustang GT,Alloy Met.,Dark Charcoal Leather,5 spd manual,3:55 gears,upgraded interior. Mods; Hurst Billet shifter,Stillen sway bars,CDC replacement Grille, Agent 47 Mirrors,DG Customs 1/4 window louvers,Steeda cowl hood,CDC chin spoiler,Smoked turn signals,CCFL Halo headlight,tinted windows ,Mac axle back,AVS black taillight trim,sequential&tinted rear lights,CW black bumper layover grille.Omega B/M 18x9&18x10 Nitto NT555 255/45 & 285/40
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_STANG_THING View Post
sticking like glue
As they should! Sounds like it worked ok.

1965 Mustang Coupe
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

When I removed my emblems I used alcohol to clean the last bit of residue and get rid of the Goof Off before applying the new emblems and the alcohol dulled my clear coat. I had to use a polish to get the shine back where I rubbed the alcohol in. It is great for getting rid of contaminants but use it sparingly and don't rub it in really hard..

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Try an auto body and supply shop.They sell many chemicals there used by stripe installers and body techs.Just ask their sales rep for help.

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory
Apprentice

Got mine at the local LOWES. I am sure Home Depot would have it too.

Dougs 91 Race Tune with CAI/ Pypes Violators/ FRPP 3.73 Gears/Roush UDPs/ '70 Style Mach1 Treatment/Synthetic Fluids/Best run: 13.33 at 104 MPH on stock tires (87 degrees/moderate humidity) before UDPs, new 93 tune and more practice. Hoping for 12.9 now.
Other Hot Rod-- Matching Numbers Arctic White 1971 Buick GSX 455 with 62,000 original miles.
2004 Silverado DD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page