LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Vista_Stang
Shaker 500 or 1000

I want to upgrade to one of the shaker systems what is the difference between 500 and 1000? what is the cheapest way to go about getting one or should should I just get my own navigation systems and do custom speakers cut into my doors I did this on my truck and got speakers cut into the doors for only 300 so it was pretty cheap so please let me know thanks

2007 Vista Blue V6 Mustang (Finally got my new pony 02/05/2011)

2005 Windveil Blue Mustang V6 R.I.P Purchased 2/13/09 totaled 01/30/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2009
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
500 watts and a subwoofer box in the trunk.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Old 10-30-2009
Rookie
S197 Member

500 shaker points

2006 Automatic GT Convertible - JLT Cold Air Intake, Pypes Axelback Exhaust

Old 10-30-2009
PONY Member
S197 Member

I am guessing that you have the basic radio. The shaker is good (I have the 500) - but if you are putting the money into it - check out doing something custom.

2006 Mustang GT - premium, 5spd, charcoal leather/dash, IUP, Shaker 500, spoiler delete

484 rwhp / 446 tq - Mods: Whipple HO, Custom tune by Tillman Speed, SOS pod w/Cobalt gauges, Kooks LT's w/catted X-pipe, SLP Loudmouth, FRPP Handling Pack, Hurst Shifter (chrome w/black ball), Zinik Z9 Sabini Black Lip 20", BFGoodrich 255/35/20 KDW 2, Eleanor front grille, Cervinis 2.5 cowl hood, clear corner/rear side marker lenses w/stealth bulbs, sequential tail lights.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by livin View Post
I am guessing that you have the basic radio. The shaker is good (I have the 500) - but if you are putting the money into it - check out doing something custom.
well I have a old manager that I use to work with he opened up his own car audio shop and does my stuff for really really cheap and any custom stuff I want done he can do as for audio or electronics in my car so is a shaker system with install more than like 750?? if it is then yes I will just work with my old manager. Also I should help ppl on the forums if any of the people in Minnesota want to know I can give you all the info btw and get you a discount probably not for what I can get but a nice discount.

Old 10-30-2009
PONY Member

The biggest problem to upgrade to a 500 or 1000 from a basic unit would be you'd need to replace your door panels for the subwoofers.

New Ford Mustang 2dr Cpe | Maine

New Ford Mustang GT 2dr Conv | Maine

First link has a picture without, second with the subwoofer. (Sorry i couldn't post pictures directly.)

07 Mustang GT Metallic Alloy.
FRPP CAI. SLP Loudmouths.
Roush Front Bumper w/ chin spoiler, Roush Hood scoop, Scott Drake Hood pins, Roush 1/4 window louvers, Billet fuel door.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
yea that is what I'm worried about I think I will just have to get it custom cut for alot cheaper than getting all new door panels and I can pick out how good the speakers are and get a tweeter put somewhere on the door also.

Old 10-30-2009
PONY Member
S197 Member

Aftermarket will be a lot cheaper and simpler in the end. I have the 500 and its nice for a factory attempt and the 1000 is about the same with a little more bass. One JL Audio W7 10" in the spare tire hole would sound much better though and you could put a better head unit than stock too.

2003 Oxford White Cobra Coupe-The Toy
2001 Flame Red Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4-The Tool
Old 10-31-2009
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

i think it would be cheaper to just add the subwoofers yourself. since the shaker 500 has an aux line, you could add the thiny maggigy (the amplifier i think its called) and add the speakers yourself.

the dealer charges you an arm and leg when i asked they wanted like 800

in my opinion not worth it

i.imgur.com/hlhwCJZ.jpg
Old 11-23-2009
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Dude dont add the shaker system to your mustang unless you are firmly against changing the look from stock??? There is not one speaker in that system that could not be beat out by ANY speaker from JL, Kenwood, alpine and others. If you put JL Audio ZR speakers in the fronts, that alone will be amazing. Here is my trunk and I have big sound and a completely usable space in the trunk. What are your goals for the ride, are you bass head or do you sound quality?

YouTube - VID00154.AVI
Old 11-24-2009
Apprentice

If you dont have a shaker system at all, just buy a new deck and change out the 4 speakers with better ones, then get a sub and amps. It may be cheaper or the same as going to the shaker 500, but it will be way way better. And I do not recommend the Infinity Kappa 682.9cf 6x8, they are way to harsh on the high ends ^^

2008 Vista Blue GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in