Questions about warranty work - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009
Rake

Questions about warranty work

I may be taking my car in for a coolant leak soon, which AFAIK would be covered by warranty. I've never taken a car into a dealership for warranty work before, though, so I don't know how this process works.

Do they charge you for the inspection? Do they charge for it if the problem isn't covered by warranty?

Are hoses and gaskets and such covered by warranty? I expect that the water pump and pulleys and such are, but these seem a bit more questionable.

I am not the original owner, nor am I sure which dealership it was purchased from. To my knowledge, these two things are totally irrelevant. Is this correct?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

You should be able to bring it to any ford dealership. As far as the warrenty goes, it depends on mileage 3yr 36000 mile bumper to bumper, if you have, 6yr 60000 power train warrenty. 3yr 36 should cover everything between the front and rear bumpers. Ask them to show you what needs to be repaired. They should not charge you for inspection. If they tell you it is not covered under warrenty, get a second opinion from a shop you trust.

2006 V6 VERT MODIFIED/DAILY/YEAR ROUND DRIVER.
K&N FILTER W/CAI, 70MM THROTTLE BODY SPACER W/OE BODY PORTED TO MATCH.
T-304 STAINLESS SHORTY HEADERS WITH DYNOMAX AXLE BACK. NOT DUALED YET
AMERICAN MUSCLE SCT SF3 TUNER
CROSS DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS W/ WAGNER THERMOQUIET PADS FRONT AND REAR.
COBRA 17'S W/235'S FRONT AND 255'S REAR.
SEQUENTIAL TAILS W/DUAL HALO HEADLIGHTS AND CLEAR FRONT TURN LENS AND A WHOLE LOT OF SMALL TOUCHES THAT MAKE IT MY "ONE OFF"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member

When i took my stang in, i told them and they made me an appointment. Dropped it off and they called me with what was wrong and what they need to fix. If it's not underwarranty, then they will still call you with what needs to be fixed and might still charge you for the inspection. If you have no mods that could have caused the problem and still in your 3yr 36K mile range, you'll be fine.

2014 Mustang GT, A6, Grabber Blue

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009

As long as your bumper to bumper, you're covered fully! I've even had dealers change my wiper blades under warranty(They aren't covered) Just find or go to the dealer who treats you right!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
It will be covered unless you damaged it somehow. But that seems unlikely.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009
PONY Member

Each time I have had warranty work done at the dealer they managed to damage something else in the process so be sure to take a walk around with the tech before and after your vehicle is repaired and have them make notes. Trust me I have had three seperate mishaps in the past year, one of which I am still in the process of having fixed almost a month later. Good Luck.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009
Rake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTVapor View Post
Each time I have had warranty work done at the dealer they managed to damage something else in the process so be sure to take a walk around with the tech before and after your vehicle is repaired and have them make notes. Trust me I have had three seperate mishaps in the past year, one of which I am still in the process of having fixed almost a month later. Good Luck.
I've been researching the various Ford dealers around this area, and their service departments get ripped in virtually every review I come across. I'm thinking maybe I should just buy the parts, do the repairs myself, eat the cost and write the warranty off as more trouble then it's worth.

If I only knew what I needed to replace.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009
Apprentice
S197 Member

I'm getting ready to take mine in (at 6months left in the warranty) for a crackling driver's side door speaker. Thanks for the suggestion about doing a walk-around, it's a good idea.

Objects in mirror are less relevant than they appear
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009
Rake

Just dropped the car off at Berge Ford. I'm crossing my fingers here...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page