Trying to find a good Cowl Hood - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Trying to find a good Cowl Hood

Anyone know of any good websites were I can find Cowl Hoods? American Muscle has one, but it doesn't look all that great in my opinion. Kaenen Mustang 3in Cowl Hood - Unpainted (05-09) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! This is the one on AM. I'm looking for the more original looking Cowl Hood. If anyone has pic's of their Cowl, that would be greatly appreciated.

07 White GT Premium/ Eibach Pro Kit/ 2010 GT500 staggered wheels/NITTO 555R Tires/ GT Headrests/ Straight Pipes with 4inch stainless tips/ 5% tint/ Apline sound system.
*RIP*(Dad, Grandpa, Jared, and many others)
*I've learned from my mistakes, and I'm becoming a better person because of them*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009
GT Member
4.6L Member

my advise go to google and search cowl hood for s-197 u will get most manufactors and get all ideas maybe even click on images and get a good idea of whats all out thier

cams, and all basic bolt ons, arizen seats, cowl hood, and now my buckets got a hole in it (meaning im broke) but when i fix it ill have gears and some trany work
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostriderblack View Post
my advise go to google and search cowl hood for s-197 u will get most manufactors and get all ideas maybe even click on images and get a good idea of whats all out thier
good idea man, i didn't even think of that lol. thanks

07 White GT Premium/ Eibach Pro Kit/ 2010 GT500 staggered wheels/NITTO 555R Tires/ GT Headrests/ Straight Pipes with 4inch stainless tips/ 5% tint/ Apline sound system.
*I've learned from my mistakes, and I'm becoming a better person because of them*

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009
GT Member
S197 Member

Whichever you choose, don't go higher than 3 inches

06 Mustang GT, 76mm turbo @ 22lbs boost, built 302, built fuel, 4r70w + transbrake, gutted, 10.0 @ 136 mph in 1/4 (sold 2011)

S550 mercedes, stock, daily driver

previoulsy owned
2002 viper gts
2006 viper coupe
2013 srt viper base (track package)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Cervinis is my favorite producer of aftermarket hoods for the S197.

Got the mod bug back eh? :hihi:

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
Cervinis is my favorite producer of aftermarket hoods for the S197.

Got the mod bug back eh? :hihi:
ohhh yeaa lol. It's back with a vengeance. Wantin a cowl hood, painted chin spoiler from AM, Hood pins(real or fake), CAI/ Tune, but I heard it takes a long time to get the CAI/Tune, also the Eibach Pro Kit, gonna paint my calipers either a bright silver or red. So yea it's back for sure.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009
PONY Member
S197 Member

Ryan, check out Cervinis - you can buy it painted (for an additional cost). The Cervinis is a 2.5 inch - be careful going any higher. I've got the Cervinis - check my profile for some pics.

2006 Mustang GT - premium, 5spd, charcoal leather/dash, IUP, Shaker 500, spoiler delete

484 rwhp / 446 tq - Mods: Whipple HO, Custom tune by Tillman Speed, SOS pod w/Cobalt gauges, Kooks LT's w/catted X-pipe, SLP Loudmouth, FRPP Handling Pack, Hurst Shifter (chrome w/black ball), Zinik Z9 Sabini Black Lip 20", BFGoodrich 255/35/20 KDW 2, Eleanor front grille, Cervinis 2.5 cowl hood, clear corner/rear side marker lenses w/stealth bulbs, sequential tail lights.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
MY CD hood has a 2+ inch cowl, which is just about perfect in my opinion.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009
PONY Member
S197 Member

go check out my profile pics. i bought mine from www.steeda.com
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Thanks to everyone for your help

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to burnrubber4.0
im trying to decide between the cervinis and the steeda...so far im leanin on the steeda since id like to get the steeda comp front fascia

2006 4.0 V6 Mustang/X Charger #128
Mods: Too many, check out my profile.
Probably currently under modification...
My wheels are for sale! Look in the classifieds!
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
go with REAL pins. The CAI and tune takes 30 min to install and just a click to buy

The hood you might want to paint yourself considering your car is a few years old and might have faded slightly so the prepainted parts might not mesh

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

PONY Member

I really like my cervinis hood. It is perfect. I will say though, it's heavy as heck compared to the stock aluminum hood.

300 stroker @ 11:1 compression, FRPP Stage 2 heads, 127300 cams, 4r70W, Kooks 1 3/4" lt's with 3" H mid-pipe, FRPP stinger mufflers, B&M ratchet shifter, UPR LCA's, JPC race UCA. E-Force TVS. Engine built by Everett's specialty repair, tuned by Manuel @ tudyno.com 9.98 @ 136.55 1.39 60'
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I decided i'm going to go with the Cervinis Cowl Hood. As far as hood pins everyone is telling me to go with the real ones. So i'll wait until I have my cowl hood to buy them. As far as painting it myself, what does that involve? And for the CAI, that is still probably the most confusing thing to me, but there are millions of threads about them so no need to explain that CAI stuff again lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page