Buyer Beware!!!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009 Thread Starter
KDT
GT Member

Buyer Beware!!!!

Just to let everyone know, I have been getting some scratches on my car fixed. I recently replaced my chin spoiler with one from American Muscle and the quality and service was excellent to say the least. I posted a thread earlier on how great their service was. Well, I also had a bad scratch on my driver's side rocker panel that was there since I bought the car. I just didn't find it until a couple of weeks later so I let it go. I figured since I was fixing the chin spoiler, I should go ahead and fix the rocker panel too. I went ahead and took a chance and ordered some take-off rocker panels from KMPAccessories.com in Harrison OH in my car's color. I paid 120.11 for them. I knew that they were take-offs and might have some scratches. In my mind, worse case, they can be resprayed and buffed and then put on. Well, when I recieved these rocker panels, I realized they were not take-offs, they were snatched offs with no care whatsoever. Most of the slots where the attaching plastic pins go are broken. Because they are broken, there is no way to attach them underneath. I can't even use them even if I had them repainted! I'm not going to lose sleep over 120.00 but I did want to let everyone know to be careful about purchasing take off parts, especially from KMPAccessories.com. I did E-mail them yesterday about the condition of the rocker panels. Guess what. No response yet. I posted a couple of pics.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06807.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	82808   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06808.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	82809   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06809.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	82811   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06811.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	82812   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06812.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	82813  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06813.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	82814  

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
That's attrocious! No way those should have been sold.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009 Thread Starter
KDT
GT Member

Not what I expected, that's for sure.

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDT View Post
Just to let everyone know, I have been getting some scratches on my car fixed. I recently replaced my chin spoiler with one from American Muscle and the quality and service was excellent to say the least. I posted a thread earlier on how great their service was. Well, I also had a bad scratch on my driver's side rocker panel that was there since I bought the car. I just didn't find it until a couple of weeks later so I let it go. I figured since I was fixing the chin spoiler, I should go ahead and fix the rocker panel too. I went ahead and took a chance and ordered some take-off rocker panels from KMPAccessories.com in Harrison OH in my car's color. I paid 120.11 for them. I knew that they were take-offs and might have some scratches. In my mind, worse case, they can be resprayed and buffed and then put on. Well, when I recieved these rocker panels, I realized they were not take-offs, they were snatched offs with no care whatsoever. Most of the slots where the attaching plastic pins go are broken. Because they are broken, there is no way to attach them underneath. I can't even use them even if I had them repainted! I'm not going to lose sleep over 120.00 but I did want to let everyone know to be careful about purchasing take off parts, especially from KMPAccessories.com. I did E-mail them yesterday about the condition of the rocker panels. Guess what. No response yet. I posted a couple of pics.

-1 that is just crappy, boo them!

D.O.B. 3V/GT500 Kit 463 RWHP/ 465 RWTRQ @ 11.5 PSI on 92oct - Dyno Dynamics Dyno
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009
Banned
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to 05horse Send a message via MSN to 05horse Send a message via Yahoo to 05horse
wait till wendsday or so call the ohio BBB.

and worst case scenario, hire someone to go rough em up!

*cough* lives in ohio *cough*
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009 Thread Starter
KDT
GT Member

I figure what goes around comes around. I just wanted to prevent someone else from making the same mistake I did. If I can prevent one person from getting ripped off, that's recoupment for me.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009
GT Member

Man thats horrible. I hope they fix it for you, that is totally their fault, and I would try everything to get my money back. Good luck.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009 Thread Starter
KDT
GT Member

The way I look at it. If they felt OK selling this to me then it will be very hard for me to get a refund. I have been in business for a long time and know that eventually this will catch up to them no matter what. If you do business like this, you won't do business long!

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

whats their email, i could leave them a nasty email, heck i invite everyone to leave them a nasty email until our friend here, gets his money back

WE WILL BE RECKON WITH!!!!!!

no but seriously email please

i.imgur.com/hlhwCJZ.jpg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givantsbluebaby View Post
whats their email, i could leave them a nasty email, heck i invite everyone to leave them a nasty email until our friend here, gets his money back

WE WILL BE RECKON WITH!!!!!!

no but seriously email please
[email protected]
GT Member

hell ill email,businesses like this shouldnt exist.i just cant access my email at work,but i wil when i get home!!!!!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009 Thread Starter
KDT
GT Member

Thanks for the support guys!! You all are great. I will say that they state on their website that take off parts are sold as is. I understood that when I made the order. I expected that they might be scratched a little. I was prepared for that. I was just shocked to see them broken like that. Because they state them as is, there is little I can do. I have been trying to figure out a way to possibly fix them. I sanded out the scratches in my existing rocker panel and resprayed it myself. It is fixed now. If I can repair those broken rocker panels maybe I could sell them. I will not sell them like that though. Where they are broken is completely underneath the car. I thought about maybe bonding in some plastic or using plastic pop rivets to fix the slots. I just don't know yet. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page