Power Outlet Plugs - Got Pictures? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie

Power Outlet Plugs - Got Pictures?

Hey Gang, I'm looking for pictures of MGWltd's Power Outlet Plugs. They have two that I'm interested in, the Deluxe 3D "GT" and the Deluxe 3D pony version.

I asked them to email me a profile pic of their Deluxe 3d plugs and it took them all week to respond that they weren't sure EXACTLY what I was looking for.

So, since they didn't bother to send any pictures, I'm hoping someone with one of their Power Outlet Plugs can post up a pic or two of the plug loose (on the counter or somewhere flat) on its side.

I can't tell how far the plug juts out from the dash when all they show on their site is a near head on shot of the face of the plug.

I hope to paint the sides of the plug and the face of it to match the look of the stock radio knob with its flat black sides and face and chrome ring. I think the plug will look great with the chrome 3D part surrounded in a flat black face with a chrome ring around it. I would like to see the plug from the side so I can guage how difficult a job that would be to accomplish the look I'm imagining if I decide to purchase one.

Thanks in advance for your help with this! ~Nate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009
GT Member
S197 Member

power plug

Hope this works.Not too good on computers.The scale is in inches.Part sticking out is half inch.It is top quality piece.Has two "O" rings so stays in well and doesn't rattle.Sorry about other picture.I was trying it out trying to upload.Cars belong to friend of mine.Chrome is beautiful, just doesn't show in picture.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0312.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	665.0 KB
ID:	84006   Click image for larger version

Name:	070.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	342.4 KB
ID:	84007  

2006 Gt Premium coupe,automatic,white with red Shelby stripes,18 in.wheels,seq lites,plem. cover,Rouse hood scoop and flowmasters,Steeda strut brace,Steeda polished stainless fuse and radiator covers,rear camera(Boyo tag cam)thru Crimestopper rear mirror.Ford molded mud flaps,Silverhorse polished billet fuel door,and chrome console trim.Headlight Splitters.American Muscle Raxiom 2010 taillights.

Last edited by kruzzzn; 11-21-2009 at 08:17 AM. Reason: to add coment.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks kruzzzn! It looks like you figured out computers just fine!

Speaking of fine...NICE CAMAROS! Your friend has two awesome rides!

The plug is way shorter than I imagined it to be. I was sort of picturing the inserted part to be the length of a wine cork for some reason. The cap certainly is curved, I was hoping it was a bit flatter on the sides and that their photos were just an optical illusion because of a reflection on the chrome.

Hey, if it helps you, there's usually a button with a flower on it on digital cameras. It adjusts the camera's lense to focus on objects really close to the camera. If you press it before taking detail pictures like the one you took of your plug, it will allow the picture to come out super sharp!

Just don't forget to press it again to turn that feature off when you back away from the object and start to take pictures further away again. If you don't then those pictures will all be out of focus!

The question I have for you is...where's your 1969 Mustang vert in white with red racing stripes? And when are you gonna get pictures of all 4 cars together? That'd be a sight to see!

Thanks again for posting up the pics so quickly! ~Nate.

Last edited by Northern Pony; 11-21-2009 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Spelling Nazi

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009
GT Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the info.I'll try it out.I wish on the 69 convertible.I had a 68 Camaro 20 years ago.It flew into a tree 12 ft. off the ground.Really TOTALED.Lucky oldest son was ok.

2006 Gt Premium coupe,automatic,white with red Shelby stripes,18 in.wheels,seq lites,plem. cover,Rouse hood scoop and flowmasters,Steeda strut brace,Steeda polished stainless fuse and radiator covers,rear camera(Boyo tag cam)thru Crimestopper rear mirror.Ford molded mud flaps,Silverhorse polished billet fuel door,and chrome console trim.Headlight Splitters.American Muscle Raxiom 2010 taillights.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009
GT Member
S197 Member

Thanks,That does work neat.I didn't know how to use that feature.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	073.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	557.3 KB
ID:	84035   Click image for larger version

Name:	074.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	473.2 KB
ID:	84036  

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie

You're welcome bud, glad I could I help you back!

So you really wish that ejector button was the real deal on that old Camaro of yours eh? That sounds like quite the gravity demonstration for your boy's science project! A father that goes to such lengths for his children is highly commendable. Glad you both made it out safely.

I tried a similar experiment in 1994 with my 1987 EXP. It was an inertia versus friction test, coupled with yaw and roll. The conclusion was that black ice won out against tire traction, yaw is the direct result, and roll (all four times) is achieved when friction is regained.

Scratched my ear on a piece of glass, a few pinpricks on my knuckles, and a shattered sense of invulnerability. Though I did gain the knowledge that some ethereal being is looking out for me! ~Nate.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I don't personally own one but my friends have the chrome gt plug on their V6 and it looks and feels great to the touch. That should've been a stock plug, and they are not even that expensive.

I'll probably be getting the GT black on chrome power outlet plug sometime in dec.

2009 Torch Red Mustang GT - Torch Red Mirror Covers - Stack Racing Sequential Taillights - Black on Chrome Power Outlet GT Plug - D3 Welt Door Trim -JLT II CAI SCT 91 Oct. Performance Tune - Bassani Race Axle-Backs - More to Come...:kooky:
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtarin View Post
my friends have the chrome gt plug on their V6
Oooooooo, way to light a fuse.

Trigger | Alloy 2007 Mustang V6 Auto Coupe | FRPP CAI/Brenspeed Tune | Pypes Performance X-pipe/GT Take off Axle Back | 17" Matte Black Bullitt Wheels | Customized Astra Hammond 10467 Quarter Window Louvers | Custom Grille | Custom Rear Deck Chrome Trim | Custom Center Caps | Custom 1968 parking/fog lamps | Poor Man's Shorty Antennae
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I love MGW - don't hold anything against them, usually GREAT customer service.

Here's another option, picked this up off ebay.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	engine_start1.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	84107   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine_start2.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	84108  

—Doug
Racine, WI

2005 Redfire V6 "Retro Pony"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page