Dual Exhaust Question. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Dual Exhaust Question.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a V6 with a single exhaust that converted it to a dual. I went to my local dealer (whom I bought the car from too) and asked about getting a true dual exhaust put on. They told me it would be $850 total,including installation and labor and cutting into my valance etc. I was just wondering if anyone knows how it would look. I know that they will be cutting into my current valance to make a spot for the dual, but what i wanted to know is if it sits flush with the valance (like the GT exhaust) or if its lower. Also, does anyone know how it sounds (thats the main reason im doing it is for the sound, since i like the deeper growls than the V6 offers).
Thanks so much!!!

2010 Grabber Blue V6
Exterior: Black Super Snake Stripe. Roush 1/4 Window Louver. MRT Rear Louver.Leather Seats. Mirror Caps. Smoked side marker, 3rd brake and tail lights. 18" Konig Rims and Sumitomo tires. Custom MGP Caliper Covers. Black Billet Grille. Black Chrome Pony.Raxiom Smoked Halo Headlights. HID Fog light kit.GT/CS Rear Valance
Engine :
Magnaflow Dual Exhaust. JLT CAI & Bama Tuner. MMD Hood Strut. Black Strut Tower Brace....(Custom paint to come )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

look on youtube, your exhaust note will be the same as the 05-09's with whatever system your looking at or at least it will give you an idea on what you want. look at muscle mustangs and fast fords mag and do a search, they did a tech article on changing single to dual on the v6 s197's. hope this helps
look at this, how comfortable are you with working on your car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories

D.O.B. 3V/GT500 Kit 463 RWHP/ 465 RWTRQ @ 11.5 PSI on 92oct - Dyno Dynamics Dyno
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Rather than cutting the rear valance, it may not look right, you could replace it with a GT valance. If the Ford part is too expensive, take a look at the one from Roush

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

2005 Mustang Bassani Dual Exhaust System Install Upgrade - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

i lied, it was modified mustangs and fords this is quite a simple install, but if you don't feel like you can do it see if there is somebody that will help or you could pay for a fraction of the price. if not try a local exhaust shop for the install, they should cost way less for the install. if i was in your shoes and you had nobody to "help" i would buy a kit and call around town to see what they would charge and go with the one that combines the best value, best reputation and the one that you trust the most. good luck

D.O.B. 3V/GT500 Kit 463 RWHP/ 465 RWTRQ @ 11.5 PSI on 92oct - Dyno Dynamics Dyno
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon B View Post
Rather than cutting the rear valance, it may not look right, you could replace it with a GT valance. If the Ford part is too expensive, take a look at the one from Roush

sure, you must got some money
http://v6mustangstuff.com/2010bumper_valance.htm
you could buzz bomb it black and shoot it with clear coat, or pay someone to do it. you could check with your ford dealer on how much for the rear lower gt valance, and as far as the exhaust goes a local shop could fab up a custom setup for you mabye cheaper than what you can buy, mabye. it depends on the shop and how much they want your money

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Like I said, check out the one from Roush, it is cheaper at $175 than the other one at $239.99. I'm considering one for my GT cause it looks good.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Hi, I did mine with a kit from Ninosport.com. Came out really nice and was easy to install. Even came with templates to cut the rear bumper. I found it easiest to cut it with a utility knife with a new blade, just take your time. You can even buy a GT rear bumper from them painted the color of your vehicle. A while after I did the conversion to duals the car got hit in the rear and we had the bumper replaced with a GT one and it looks much better. Good Luck. L.R.H.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Edgethis
The Gt bumper is alright but it is kinda plain and the roush valance is all boxy where the rest of the car is smooth flowing lines. Ford offers the Shelby rear valance for 150 plus tax Part number "AR3Z-17F828-AA". This is the only pic I have of it is in my photos section, but is The best looking option in my opinion.

The biggest pain about switching the valances is you have almost have to take the entire rear bumper off. Thats the only hard part.

2010 mustang 5spd grabber blue
GT500 rear valance GT Front Bumper
Saleen grill w Cervinis hood
Pypes dual exhaust w/ x-pipe
DG quarter window louvers
18x9/10 Cobra R w/Goodyear Eagle F1 255/275

Last edited by Edgethis; 01-05-2010 at 08:41 AM. Reason: bad link
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010
Rookie
S197 Member

I did mine by measuring the right side and cutting the bumper cover with an Xacto and sheet metal shears. It came out great. Then I had a muffler shop (leonard's garage on south lamar in austin)cut my Y pipe out and install true duals with a custom X-pipe. Cost me around $250 for the labor and driver side long pipe. I bought 2 GT takeoff mufflers on craigs list for $80, which they installed for me. Total cost was about 330 for a poretty nice exhaust. Nice boost in HP, sounds pretty good too. I can make it louder with some magnaflow or flowmasters, but that can wait.
Then someone rear ended me.. not bad but the bumper needed replacing, so i had the body shop order a GT bumper and now it looks really good.
-Steve

Mods: Not shown - Dual Exhaust with Custom X-pipe and GT take off mufflers; C&L CAI with tune; 17" GT wheels; Eagle GT tires
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I have the money to get it done at the dealer... I'm going to ask them about getting a different rear valance, but I don't want to go anywhere else to install any of it because it will void my warranty, whereas if done at Ford everything is still covered under my warranty.

2010 Grabber Blue V6
Exterior: Black Super Snake Stripe. Roush 1/4 Window Louver. MRT Rear Louver.Leather Seats. Mirror Caps. Smoked side marker, 3rd brake and tail lights. 18" Konig Rims and Sumitomo tires. Custom MGP Caliper Covers. Black Billet Grille. Black Chrome Pony.Raxiom Smoked Halo Headlights. HID Fog light kit.GT/CS Rear Valance
Engine :
Magnaflow Dual Exhaust. JLT CAI & Bama Tuner. MMD Hood Strut. Black Strut Tower Brace....(Custom paint to come )
PONY Member

2010 v6 mustang dual exhaust

hey i just bought a frpp true dual exahust kit for my 10 v6 stang for 900 and i am having it instald for 150 it comes with a gt lower valiance so you do have to have that getto cut apperance on the driver side and i am sure it will sound good when i get it put on seeing that it is from ford racing. Check it out a powered by ford .com i highly recomend it. plus 10-15 hp increase is nice to

2010 Kona Blue Mustang V6 (Traded in For a 2011 Chevy Cruze... Money is just too tight!)

Show - Roush Console Button, Window Tint, Custon Pony Floor Mats, "Mustang" Third Brake Light, Raxiom Mustang Halo Projector Headlights, Parking Light Tint, Aero-Force Gauge with Roush Vent Pod
Go - Ford Racing Dual Exhaust which includes x-pipe and FR500s Racing Mufflers, 93 Race Tune from Bama, Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter, Ford Racing Trak-Lok, Drop in K&N Filter
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

The v6 will never give you the sound of a v8 no-matter what you do to the exhaust. I would definitely get the lower valiance to finish off the back.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
2010 mustang , exhaust , v6 coupe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page