Are American Muscle Wheels as Good as Factory? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
I have a set of 18x9 and 18x10 Chrome Deep Dish Bullitts wrapped in nitto 555's 285/35/18 and 255/40/18. i got them mounted and balanced from american muscle. i also got the TPMS sensors installed inside of them and ordered the transfer tool as well so i can switch between my stock tires and rims and these. And coming all mounted and balanced i slapped them on my car as soon as the box arrived, no waiting involved

oh yea, they look sweet too. checkout profile for pics
What transfer tool are you talking about?

I upgraded from my 2008 GT to a 2010 GT. Still have my 18" factory wheels from the 2008, now mounted with my snow tires. The TPMS bands are still in them, but they still set off the TPMS monitor on my 2010. Would this transfer tool solve my issue?

19" factory wheels
Now with Magnaflow axlebacks, JLT CAI and custom 93 tune by Tillman Speed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

I am pretty sure the 2010 uses a different tire pressure sensor, valve stem type, so this tool probably would not work.

Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Blue's View Post
I just installed a set of 2010 GT style 18x9 Anthracite from American muscle three weeks ago. I love them and think they look great. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to purchase wheels
Those are sharp. But you need a 281 badge to replace that metric system crap!

1965 Mustang Coupe

PONY Member

Yeah the 2007-2009 used band mounted sensors and the 2010 uses valve stem sensors. Not compatible, sad to say.

I read an article on replica vs the real thing a while back. It was pretty interesting. Said that few replica manufacturers take the steps that OEM plants do. OEM stuff is said to have gone through million mile tests while replica stuff is said to be as cheaply made as possible. I don't know personally, all I know is a set of aftermarket wheels I have have been great. Usually you get what you pay for.

Georgia has a new term for me..... Super Speeder.
Banned

american muslce wheels chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by esanchez View Post
I'm thinking about buying some American Muscle wheels. Are these wheels just as good as the Ford factory wheels??

Is the quality and finish up to par with factory wheels??

Anyone have any problems balancing the wheels or finish problems??
bad dont buy there wheels they chip. they are nice people when buying wheels but if you call them with a problem they are rude and dont cover anything. very disappointed in this company customer service
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I have had great experience with AM customer service, though it has been on relatively easy stuff. I'm guessing maybe the post above was trying to return the wheels when the warranty was already expired ????

Back to the original question: in a word, "NO"

But, considering the price point, they are a great buy. You can't expect to pay half the price and get the same quality; but if you pay half the price and get 3/4 of the quality, that is a winner.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
PONY Member
S197 Member

The guy hasn't posted in like 4 years.

Osiris - '07 Shelby GT500 - Black
under construction
Site Sponsor

This thread is great guys. Thanks to all of our customer's posting up their input and experience with AM. I really appreciate the kind words and loyalty!

OP, all of our wheels have a Lifetime structural warranty and a 1year finish warranty. We're able to offer this warranty because we're confident in the quality of our wheels. I know you won't be disappointed, if you decide to pick-up a set!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to give me a shout.

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLavelle07GT View Post
bad dont buy there wheels they chip. they are nice people when buying wheels but if you call them with a problem they are rude and dont cover anything. very disappointed in this company customer service
JLavelle07GT, now this is not what I like to hear! Could you send me a PM and shed some more light on the situation? I would like to find out who you spoke with that was rude and get your situation resolved, if still need be.

There's absolutely no excuse for any of our customers to feel this way. I'm really sorry to hear about your current opinion of AM. Please PM me, so we can work this out and get you taken care of!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
I have a set of 18x9 and 18x10 Chrome Deep Dish Bullitts wrapped in nitto 555's 285/35/18 and 255/40/18. i got them mounted and balanced from american muscle. i also got the TPMS sensors installed inside of them and ordered the transfer tool as well so i can switch between my stock tires and rims and these. And coming all mounted and balanced i slapped them on my car as soon as the box arrived, no waiting involved

oh yea, they look sweet too. checkout profile for pics
Im looking to get the identical wheel setup from AM. I drive her from summer to fall. Does anyone know how the Nittos hold up with wear, road noise, wet and dry traction ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

My Nittos have held up quite well so far. I have had them for two spring / summer / fall seasons ; haven't checked miles but I would guess about 15,000 miles. There is still PLENTY of tread left ; I would guesstimate at least half left.

They are not super quiet, but not real noisy either. About the same as the Pirelli P-Zero Neros. They have performed very well for me so far ; both wet and dry ; but I am talking about normal street driving. I do have some fun on on-ramps and such, but on the street you really can't explore the limits so I can't speak to ultimate grip / handling. My 275 rears did grip pretty well on the drag strip the one time I went, until the track got slick and everything went to hell.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Im looking to get the identical wheel setup from AM. I drive her from summer to fall. Does anyone know how the Nittos hold up with wear, road noise, wet and dry traction ?

I have personally ran the nitto nt555 and the invo's and they seem like a great tire, I cant compare them with other high performance tires but I like their tire wear characteristics and handling capabilities. Way better than the stock p nero whatevers, but they are an all season.

And the handling characteristics all depend on which series of tire your going to get they all have different characteristics, the 555 through the invos to the drag radials , even the new all season tire forget what its called. The Invos have the best rain and noise capabilities, the 555 have more traction and less rain handling. You get the point.

'05 GT
Apprentice

Thanks alot guys maybe ill spring the extra bucks for the Invos. Most of my driving will be highway back and forth to work. I wanna have the confidence she'll stay planted in the rain and not be bald in 25,000 Miles. I read user reviews on the Sumitomos and there were more negatives then good. The nittos (to me) make more sense.

Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenat View Post
Thanks alot guys maybe ill spring the extra bucks for the Invos. Most of my driving will be highway back and forth to work. I wanna have the confidence she'll stay planted in the rain and not be bald in 25,000 Miles. I read user reviews on the Sumitomos and there were more negatives then good. The nittos (to me) make more sense.
joenat,

The Nitto NT555's have been out for a long time. I've used them on several different cars over the years too. I think you'll like these tires the best because of the performance gains they offer, yet are still very bearable in poor weather.

As far as thread life, I'd expect them to last 30-35k miles. I've seen them last as long as 40k, but it really depends on your driving style and road conditions. Regardless, I think this is killer mileage for any performance tire!

Let me know if you have more questions!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Apprentice

I love my GT500 replicas. They have always vibrated some since day one, and my stock ones don't. I'm going I try and get them rebalanced next time I put them on and see if it helps.

2009 Chevrolet Corvette
Apprentice

Thank you very much !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in