Looking for advice on forced induction - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Looking for advice on forced induction

Before people start giving me opinions about which type is best Iím not interested. There are plenty of threads like that already. So letís keep this thread as informational for everyone else who stumbles upon it. Thanks!

Iím interested in Dyno graphs that show the entire RPM range for each type of Power adder... I donít want to see what they advertise on each website, Iím interested in what other people have seen.

Iím also interested in 1/4 mile times that where achieved with each type of kit. Make sure to list the mods you had done other then the type of F.I. to give people an idea what they can expect from each kit.

The third and last question I would like to ask everyone is if given the choice again would you do the same thing again? Why or Why not?

I would like to see Roots, TwinScrew, Turbo, Centri, Roots Hybrid, Whatever you got be proud of it, and show us real world numbers and times of these kits. Again Iím not looking for flaming on different types of F.I. I know pretty much most of the pros and cons of each type, and I believe so does everyone else thanks to the million and a half threads that have been started about F.I.:hihi: Thanks

2007Alloy Gt Auto - Vroom Vroom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010
Banned

I vote this thread for a sticky!

I'll post up my results once it's all said and done.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
if you check out Tillmanspeed's section of the forum they have posted dyno sheets, mod lists ect of cars that they have installed mods on. sadly no turbos though. i have been looking into turbos as well and there just isn't as much information out there on them like there is with superchargers.

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010
Site Sponsor

I have a few contributions to add to this.

This one is a bone stock automatic with a Hellion Turbo kit.
YouTube - Daniel Ehringer 2007 Mustang GT Hellion Turbo

This car has 11 psi procharger kit, IMRC delete, and an offroad pipe.
YouTube - Jesse Phillips

This one isn't really a fair comparison to the others but...
It has a FRPP Aluminator shortblock, ported heads, custom cams, Kooks longtubes, Whipple supercharger w/Steeda aux. drive.
YouTube - Michael Wilson 2006 Mustang GT Convertible

Greg Brown
Modular Depot
8025 Action Blvd.
Florence, Kentucky USA 41042
(877) 234-5551
2004 Great Lakes American Iron Champ
2005 Great Lakes American Iron Extreme Champ
NASA Great Lakes American Iron series director
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
if you check out Tillmanspeed's section of the forum they have posted dyno sheets, mod lists ect of cars that they have installed mods on.

Thatís the only placed listed I could find with a bunch of different graphs but they lack a lot of types & brands. Not really somewhere where you can look and make a complete decision of what youíre looking for. Iím more looking for a forum that people can refer others to that are asking the generic question " which type of FI is better " The current FI sticky does nothing but show the "marketing results" of each brand of supercharger / turbo. While this can be useful there is still a lot to be said. If enough people post up there results I will probably make another thread with just the information that people have put forward. Sticky or Not, Iím going to just post a link to it to those who don't know much about FI. To give them the right information they need. Thanks once again to all those who post up

2007Alloy Gt Auto - Vroom Vroom
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010
Apprentice

i've got 2 for you. the first one is from the car how it was originally purchased, basicly all stock motor, mods in sig. the second one is after i had to replace the block because the original tune had the timing advanced so far it broke 3 pistons in half.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dyno Sheet.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	87996   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	87997  

2005 Mustang GT
Paxton Novie 1200SL, Comp NSR Blower Grind 2, MMR Shortblock, C&L 95mm Mass/Air sensor, 39lb injectors, Motoblue ignition coils, Motoblue throttle plate spacer, Borla XR-1 Long Tube Headers and no cat x-pipe, Hooker Aero Chamber muffler, Custom LaMotta Performance tune, G-force tires, B&M shifter, Kennybell b-a-p, AEM analog A/F gauge, Interceptor scan gauge, McLeod RST clutch, aluminum flywheel
intercooler/smaller pully to come...
and yes it is my DD
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tltcracing View Post
i've got 2 for you. the first one is from the car how it was originally purchased, basicly all stock motor, mods in sig. the second one is after i had to replace the block because the original tune had the timing advanced so far it broke 3 pistons in half.
Is the Air/Fuel on the first sheet for real?
It's off the chart below 10. I'm no tuner but isn't that considered dangerously lean?

2007 GT, 5 speed, Paxton 2200
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLou View Post
Is the Air/Fuel on the first sheet for real?
It's off the chart below 10. I'm no tuner but isn't that considered dangerously lean?
Other way around. that's rich as all hell!! Stoich is 14.7:1 and typically AF's under boost range anywhere from 11.2:1 to 12.5:1 depending on the tune. I'm going for 11.5:1 to stay on the safe side when I get mine setup. Probably leaving some HP on the table that way but I don't mind.

Leaner = more HP, but also higher risk of detonating.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010
Apprentice

correct. it was way rich, probably trying to cover up how far the ignition was dangerously advanced. the second one is much more of what would be expected from my setup. the day was 110*+ so i would expect it was a little low compared to what it might be now in the winter.

2005 Mustang GT
Paxton Novie 1200SL, Comp NSR Blower Grind 2, MMR Shortblock, C&L 95mm Mass/Air sensor, 39lb injectors, Motoblue ignition coils, Motoblue throttle plate spacer, Borla XR-1 Long Tube Headers and no cat x-pipe, Hooker Aero Chamber muffler, Custom LaMotta Performance tune, G-force tires, B&M shifter, Kennybell b-a-p, AEM analog A/F gauge, Interceptor scan gauge, McLeod RST clutch, aluminum flywheel
intercooler/smaller pully to come...
and yes it is my DD
Rookie

I Have a sallen blower on my 05. I make around 500to 526 rwhp depending onthe temps and etc. I am running a 3.0 pully, mac long tubes, mac o/r x, borla sinigers, 4,10 gears, c and l intake with a BA 2400 maf, gt500 T.B with spacer, and im sure a couple other things that I have forgotten

I also have a full suspension so my car has run 10.80s
I hope Ive answered all your questions
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard05 View Post
I Have a sallen blower on my 05. I make around 500to 526 rwhp depending onthe temps and etc. I am running a 3.0 pully, mac long tubes, mac o/r x, borla sinigers, 4,10 gears, c and l intake with a BA 2400 maf, gt500 T.B with spacer, and im sure a couple other things that I have forgotten

I also have a full suspension so my car has run 10.80s
I hope Ive answered all your questions
Is that on the stock internals?

1965 Mustang Coupe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Is that on the stock internals?

Yes, it is. I also have all my S/C coolant rear mounted in the trunk with a bigger tank to keep the IAT's down to help prevent/keep away detonation
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
You're still pushing the limits on that engine. Hope it has a very good tune.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
You're still pushing the limits on that engine. Hope it has a very good tune.

Yes, my tune is rock solid. Trust me, its all in the tune. There a lot of people out there who claim to know what they are doing and in reality all they are actually doing is putting the customers motor at risk. This is what causes people who decide to mod there motor confused about whats right and wrong, when it comes to information!!!!
GT Member
S197 Member

Can provide 1/4 mile times on last build. No idea on dyno graphs etc...because I don't care about rwhp/rwtq numbers. Too much variation between dyno machine types and operators. I went from a dynojet to a mustang dyno. On same boost and power (just pulls, not tune), the rwhp number dropped 20%. Same exact thing happened to a mate, same 20% drop in numbers. It's a critical tool for my tuner but one person's 600 rear wheel is another's 500.

Last build
10.0 at 136 mph
302 stroker, 76mm turbo PH turbo at 22 lbs boost, stage 2 heads/cams, 4r70w trans + T-brake, Fore triple pump fuel + 80 pounders, 9" rear, 15" Bogarts + slicks

New Build in progress
expect mid to low 9s with following changes:
rebuilt motor, powerglide trans, stage 3 heads, spr turbo cams, JPC intake manifold, 250+ lbs lighter, 25+ lbs boost, small return-style fuel cell.

06 Mustang GT, 76mm turbo @ 22lbs boost, built 302, built fuel, 4r70w + transbrake, gutted, 10.0 @ 136 mph in 1/4 (sold 2011)

S550 mercedes, stock, daily driver

previoulsy owned
2002 viper gts
2006 viper coupe
2013 srt viper base (track package)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page