FRPP Hot Rod Cam Info - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

I have the FRPP Hot Rod cams and love the sound. I did the install myself but was able to borrow the right tools. The tools would run you about $300.00 and I don't think you can change them without the proper tools. I have stock exhaust with FRPP axlebacks. After the install had driveability issues at low speeds even with 4:10 gears. Had Breenspeed install Steeda CMDP and 93 tune. Helped the driveability and throttle responce but not the advertised HP gains FRPP claims. Might do better with LT's. The car sounds good and is a fun fast street car, as opposed to a race fast car. It's mostly just a weekend driver for me and does everything I want it to.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Yeah Chump i have the spr stage 2 cams. I love them & i havent looked back since. The install was a pita, me & friend did it in a day and a half. But the results are phenominal. U need the limiters, and springs with the spr cams. & at least 2 cam phaser bolts. They are 1 time deal. Ifu torque them too tight or too loose, ur motor is doomed. the vsr only need springs, and of course nsr are basically drop in installation

2007 Saleen- Usual Bolts ons, C&L racer intake Fastlane dyno tune, with Zex 100 shot, bottle warmer, purge kit, TPS switch, TCI tq converter with 3000 stall, SPR stage 2 cams (530/555 lift)MMR Aluminum driveshaft, Steel flexplate, 4.10 gears, L&M throttle body, electric water pump,Steeda CMCP w/ nitrous ports, Full american racing exhaust with borla stingers, TCI ratch shifter
368 rwhp 365rwtq (N/A)
489rwhp 516rwtq (sprayed)
PONY Member

Nostysalleen236 by the looks of your profile your car is not FI other than nos. Is this the same mod you would do if your car was going to be FI'd in the future.

2007 Shelby GT black with silver stripes, 4.10 rear end, kooks LT headers and catted x-pipe,SSS terminator mufflers, LCA, adj UCA,adj panhard bar, 18" cobra r chrome rims, Baer Decelerotors front and rear with chrome braided brake lines.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chump View Post
Nostysalleen236 by the looks of your profile your car is not FI other than nos. Is this the same mod you would do if your car was going to be FI'd in the future.
Nah i wouldnt bro. They are more for show then go, u know? & u will be sacraficing alot of hp going with the hot rod cams, than the vsr or spr cams. Thats my oppinion. & comp cams has blower grind cams just for fi applications. From what i read hot rod cams are for NA but there are ppl who have them on their supercharged cars

2007 Saleen- Usual Bolts ons, C&L racer intake Fastlane dyno tune, with Zex 100 shot, bottle warmer, purge kit, TPS switch, TCI tq converter with 3000 stall, SPR stage 2 cams (530/555 lift)MMR Aluminum driveshaft, Steel flexplate, 4.10 gears, L&M throttle body, electric water pump,Steeda CMCP w/ nitrous ports, Full american racing exhaust with borla stingers, TCI ratch shifter
368 rwhp 365rwtq (N/A)
489rwhp 516rwtq (sprayed)

The Hot Rod Cams are designed to work with wither N/A or FI which is a huge benefit due to the fact that you don't have to buy another set of cams when you go FI. Besides the Hot Rod Cams only produce about 5-10 less HP. Which really isn't that much especially if you go FI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page