shelby clone junkies - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

shelby clone junkies

for all you shelby/cobra clone junkies out there go to www.cobranda.com and take a look. mostly hard to find dash plaques and mfg. plaques etc. also horn buttons for ur steering wheel. stuff like that. maybe you can't afford a real one, but you can make urs look like one. :kooky::grin green

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Nothing wrong with cloning a car but imo, when you badge it, then you are a poser

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

No thanks.

07 White GT Premium/ Eibach Pro Kit/ 2010 GT500 staggered wheels/NITTO 555R Tires/ GT Headrests/ Straight Pipes with 4inch stainless tips/ 5% tint/ Apline sound system.
*RIP*(Dad, Grandpa, Jared, and many others)
*I've learned from my mistakes, and I'm becoming a better person because of them*

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

yeah, see ur point but apparently shelby don't mind if you do. they allow the authorized sale by alot of sites on the web. kit cars too, with the cobra. and alot of guys don't mind being posers. its out there. companies making bodies from the 60's for the stang and camaro.cloned crate engines of old school engines etc. cloned old school shelby/cobra wheels and even tires. so where theres $$$$ to be made, it will be done. i don't have a prob with it as long as the registation isn't cloned. as long as you don't have a fake vin on your shelby plaque. if you wanna put a badge on it , put a badge on it.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Agreed. Do what you like, just be be prepared to get flamed for it.

07 White GT Premium/ Eibach Pro Kit/ 2010 GT500 staggered wheels/NITTO 555R Tires/ GT Headrests/ Straight Pipes with 4inch stainless tips/ 5% tint/ Apline sound system.
*RIP*(Dad, Grandpa, Jared, and many others)
*I've learned from my mistakes, and I'm becoming a better person because of them*
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman2 View Post
yeah, see ur point but apparently shelby don't mind if you do. they allow the authorized sale by alot of sites on the web.
Shelby would sell his soul to the devil if it made him a buck.

FRPP hotrod cams, Steeda CMDP's, screaming yellow JLT CAI w/SCT tuner, screaming yellow Steeda powdercoated valve covers, FRPP 4.10's, Pypes LT w/hi-flow catted H, BMR LCA's, BMR strut tower brace, Mac axlebacks, Brenspeed dyno tune/shorty antenna/black 18x9.5 CS56 wheels
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

That's nice info but it's for the early cars.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

yeah, the site is for earlier cars, but there alot of stuff thats adaptable to the modern stang there too. wheels, steeringwheels consoles etc. but mostly the emblems and decals. you got to the modern shelby sites and get the new shelby stuff then get the old school badging at cobranda, like the dash plaques, mfg plaques, scuff plates for door jambs. interior door emblems seatbelt emblems etc. a little innovation on your part and have a unique setup that no one else has.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

hell, u can even get a supercharger from paxton with the shelby plaque on it for the v6 mustang that puts out 375 hp. thats more than the original gt350 in 1967. paxton made superchargers for shelby back in the 60's.
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to DT444T
I say don't put parts on your car that make it look like something it isn't. That is the same thing as putting chicken wire on the front of the car to simulate a front mount intercooler. Rice.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

if you can convince shelby not to sell the stuff, maybe you can convince not to build a modified tribute car to the greatest man the mustang ever knew. take a look at mod mustang mag and take a look at that clone of a shelby and tell him he's wrong or barrett jackson not to sell some of the clones i see on there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page