2008 Mustang Bullitt. New guy with questions about getting 500hp - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Question 2008 Mustang Bullitt. New guy with questions about getting 500hp

hi all, I just joined , I have a 2008 Bullitt and I am wanting to network with some of you experanced people. i would like to supercharge and want to get about 500 rwhp. advise on which one and do i need clutch and tires to hook up for the street?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Hiya, welcome to the site. The 2005+ areas should help you.

AFM Site Administrator
Member: Mustang Club of America #82740, White Mustang Registry #362, NMRA, Fun Ford Weekend, Mustangs of Burlington

MOOG Certified Technician
For mods and sound clips, see profile and gallery.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Welcome to AFM

2011 Performance White 5.0 Premium 6spd MT, 3.73's, 401A
Mods: Staggered 18" FR500 wheels with 255 45 18, & 295 45 18 tires, Air Lift Drag Bags, Roush axle backs, Eibach Pro springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar, Center Fog grille, MMD Hood Struts,BAMA Tuned, JPC Line Lock, Blowfish Racing Bracket

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010
GT Member
Mustang II Member

Welcome to the forums.

1978 Ford Mustang Cobra II - Big Red
'96 302 with a 4bbl Holley carb, Performer Intake, Keith Black pistons, and a 268H Comp Cam.

2003 V6 Mustang - Little Blue
DD Corner Carver
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Welcome to the forums!

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Either get a turbo or a supercharger. Only way to get 500 out of a 4.6 aside from N20

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010
Apprentice

Whats up bro, you have plenty to choose from kenne bell, procharger, vortech, whipple, paxton, hp turbo, precision turbo. They all work differently, & focus on different rpm ranges.

If u want torque out the ying yang go with kenne bell, or whipple. I would preferably go with kenne because of their experience. Or if u want upper rpm hp (3000 & up) u can go procharger, vortech, or paxton. & precision, or hp turbo for turbo applications. Paxton has been in the game the longest, & procharger makes some great systems with 3' piping.

To answer your other question it would be a good idea to get a new clutch setup, & stickier tires, nitto is top notch, idk much about the big names in the clutch game though. I hope this helps

2007 Saleen- Usual Bolts ons, C&L racer intake Fastlane dyno tune, with Zex 100 shot, bottle warmer, purge kit, TPS switch, TCI tq converter with 3000 stall, SPR stage 2 cams (530/555 lift)MMR Aluminum driveshaft, Steel flexplate, 4.10 gears, L&M throttle body, electric water pump,Steeda CMCP w/ nitrous ports, Full american racing exhaust with borla stingers, TCI ratch shifter
368 rwhp 365rwtq (N/A)
489rwhp 516rwtq (sprayed)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypumper View Post
hi all, I just joined , I have a 2008 Bullitt and I am wanting to network with some of you experanced people. i would like to supercharge and want to get about 500 rwhp. advise on which one and do i need clutch and tires to hook up for the street?
Putting 500RWHP on the stock block is stressful... eventually you'll blow the block up..

A forged short block would be the way to go to achieve your rwhp goals. that will cost you anywhere from 3-6k depending on the quality and brand of parts used. Install will run you 1-3k depending on the shop. The cheapest supercharger to help reach you to your goals would be a centri supercharger which would be Vortech or Paxton. They build up boost over the RPM range like a Turbo. If you want the instant torque You’re looking at a Roots Hybrid or Twinscrew, some popular brands include: Kenne Bell, Whipple, Saleen, Edelbrock, Roush 2300 TVS, ect... Depending on the supercharger, or Turbo, Its going to run you about 6-10k to achieve 500rwhp. At that power levels you’re going to need a GT500 fuel pump which is included in a few systems but not all. They run about 600-800$. For Suspension you’re going to need UCA&LCA's at the least. Some wider and sticky tires would be a good thing as well. Clutch is going to need to be beefed up.

You’re looking at a total of 14k + to reach your goal safely and still able to put the power "decently" to the ground. It'll be hard with a twinscrew, just and FYI. Our cars are lighter than a GT500 which only dynos around 450 to the wheels, and they have trouble hooking up with stock suspension.

If you wanted to reduce your hp goals, to say... around 420-450rwhp, then any supercharger will fit your needs and that’s basically all you will need except for a few suspension parts... From there you just need to find out which type of supercharger will fit your driving needs... and no there is no " better supercharger " Use the search button in the forums to find out all the information to be had about F.I. ( Forced Induction ) Aka Superchargers, Turobs, Nos.

/toodles

2007Alloy Gt Auto - Vroom Vroom
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

thanks for the great imput. I do not know that I need 500 rwhp to get what I want. I just want to be able to have enough hp to beat challengers, cameros, zo6 vetts and such on the street and still be able to hook up.
Apprentice

Quote:
thanks for the great imput. I do not know that I need 500 rwhp to get what I want. I just want to be able to have enough hp to beat challengers, cameros, zo6 vetts and such on the street and still be able to hook up.
U will def be fine against the challenger & camaros with the right bolts on & a good tune. z06 corvettes are a different story, They pull so hard on the top end & lag down low to some sort

2007 Saleen- Usual Bolts ons, C&L racer intake Fastlane dyno tune, with Zex 100 shot, bottle warmer, purge kit, TPS switch, TCI tq converter with 3000 stall, SPR stage 2 cams (530/555 lift)MMR Aluminum driveshaft, Steel flexplate, 4.10 gears, L&M throttle body, electric water pump,Steeda CMCP w/ nitrous ports, Full american racing exhaust with borla stingers, TCI ratch shifter
368 rwhp 365rwtq (N/A)
489rwhp 516rwtq (sprayed)
bigstick

Quote:
i would like to supercharge and want to get about 500 rwhp. advise on which one and do i need clutch and tires to hook up for the street?
go here: BRENSPEED/tigers Bullitt W/574.74 H/P & "233" Pics . UP-Dated Jan 03, 2010 - IMBOC

Brenspeed built a bullitt making 574rwhp and this thread has detailed information.

By the way, imboc is a forum for specifically for Bullitt owners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page