GT350 is coming in 2011, Official!!! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member
S197 Member

You just can order it at your Ford dealer and then it's drop shipped to Shelby, from article:
Perhaps disappointing to some is that this new Shelby GT-350 is a post title program. This means that you have to purchases a car from your local Ford Dealer and then ship it off to Shelby to be converted. Your new 2011 Mustang GT and a check for $33,995 is all you need. Owners will be able to order their new Shelby GT-350 through a dealership and have it drop-shipped to Shelby in Las Vegas.

2015 Stage 3 Roush
'66' Ranchero w/almost done 302 T-5 swap
2000 4x4 Ranger
2003 4x2 Ranger
'69' Fairlane Cobra, 428 4-speed waiting for work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TheKurgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
You just can order it at your Ford dealer and then it's drop shipped to Shelby, from article:
Perhaps disappointing to some is that this new Shelby GT-350 is a post title program. This means that you have to purchases a car from your local Ford Dealer and then ship it off to Shelby to be converted. Your new 2011 Mustang GT and a check for $33,995 is all you need. Owners will be able to order their new Shelby GT-350 through a dealership and have it drop-shipped to Shelby in Las Vegas.

That's what I meant. You don't have to actually drive the car from the dealer to Shelby per say. BAsically they are made to order, although I thought I remember them saying they are going to do 500 of them first and then they are made to order so to speak.

If they play, I spray.
Banned

That back end is so ugly.........

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardingbilly View Post
turns out the guy down the street was the head engineer!
gross................gross..................gross! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exospawn View Post
The taillights are an improvement over the 2010
Look closely at the tail lights and you can see how they brought the rear facia out to hide the tapered in look of the 2010. You can see how the outboard lights are sunk in more that the inboard lights, to give the rear a better shape.

Chuck
MACH I Member
S197 Member

I just cried a little inside.
The rear of it is FUGLY and the front looks like something a cheezzzy rice company would put out for the new 'Stang. Nowhere comparable to how sick the GT500 looks.

They went the wrong direction with the exterior of this car.

Mustangs
Like LEGOs for big kids
MACH I Member
S197 Member

You know... I'm starting to have a change of heart. I'm not a fan but... It isn't FUGLY... :p

I just haven't gotten used to it. This'll take me longer to get used to than when I first saw the rear of the '10. :nogrinner

Mustangs
Like LEGOs for big kids
PONY Member
S197 Member

You know what happened between '73-'74? Lets hope that doesn't happen again. (No offense to Mustang II owners, I just think they're as ugly as you know what) Not a fan of the 350...but hey, now I'll appreciate my 07 that much more

2007 V6 Coupe Premium

Pony package, Sport Appearance Package, Pypes shorty headers, Stack Racing Sequential Taillights, Pypes X pipe, mid pipes, and Flowmaster AT's, JLT Intake, Brenspeed 93 Oct Tune, Brenspeed windshield banner, Pypes Hi-Flow cats, J&M LCAs, "Boss" hood stripes, Ford Racing Oil Gauge & Voltmeter, SOS A-pillar pods, Steeda Strut tower brace, Steeda TB spacer. Shh..Reggie's a dirty word.
Apprentice

Body kit is RICE, and the front facia looks too much like a Challenger. Why take a muscular design and make it look all fat and bloated like a riced-out RX-7?

2006 Legend Lime GT 5M Premium Convertible. All Motor!
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010 Thread Starter
5.0L Member

Yep there is no doubt about it. This thing is UGLY! Shelby must be getting disillusion. I can't believe he would want to ruin his name by putting it all over this train wreck! The motor is awesome, but everything else... is not!
GT Member

i have to say i rather prefer my "gt350" i have right now J/K.

seriously though.... they got this car all wrong im deeply sorry and saddened to say... it looks like a honda fanboy went to town on the car.
PONY Member
S197 Member

the only thing missing from the pic with Carrol Shelby standing next to the car, is his ski mask and gun to go along with his cowboy hat. $33,000 on top of the 30+ k to buy the car? Give me a freaking break.

2007 Grabber Orange GT Premium, 5 sp Manual,CDC Sequentials, 18 inch Polished wheels, Corsa Xtremes,FRPP Suspension,BMR Adj. PHB and Brace,Hurst Comp. Plus Billet STS, Steeda UDP's, JLT CAI
PONY Member

$33,000 today is roughly the same as $4,800 in 1965.

In 1965, a GT350 listed about $$4,500, a regular Pony around $2,400.

You're getting almost exactly the same deal as the original GT 350 was in '65.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad4macs View Post
$33,000 today is roughly the same as $4,800 in 1965.

In 1965, a GT350 listed about $$4,500, a regular Pony around $2,400.

You're getting almost exactly the same deal.
Not quite. The difference between buying the Mustang in 1965 for $2,400 and the Gt350 @ $4,500 is $2,100. In 1965 dollars that's only the equivalent of about $13,650, not $33,000.
WikiAnswers - How much is 1.5 billion dollars in 1965 dollars

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myltlpny View Post
Not quite. The difference between buying the Mustang in 1965 for $2,400 and the Gt350 @ $4,500 is $2,100. In 1965 dollars that's only the equivalent of about $13,650, not $33,000.
WikiAnswers - How much is 1.5 billion dollars in 1965 dollars
That's the annoying thing about the internet- There are as many answers as there are questions!

However, every CPI inflation calculator online I've found states $4500 in 1966 dollars equals about $30,000 in 2009.

Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2009

Inflation Calculator - Value of a Dollar over Time

Inflation Calculator: Money’s Real Worth Over Time - Coin News

I trust calculators doing actual "calculations" over WikiAnswers any day of the week

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page