CNNMoney 6 cars worth waiting for...2011 Mustang on list - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FuzzyDice
CNNMoney 6 cars worth waiting for...2011 Mustang on list

5. Ford Mustang GT 5.0
If you're thinking of buying a 2010 Ford Mustang, stop now and go back to waiting. If you already bought one... sorry. While the 2011 Mustang isn't exactly a new car -- it's just an improvement to the car you can buy now -- but the improvements are major.
Most significant is the new 5.0-liter V8 engine unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show. It's going to replace the 4.6-liter engine in today's car. The new engine is significantly more powerful, producing 412 horsepower compared to 315 from the 4.6-liter engine, while fuel economy is one mpg better.
The base Mustang's V6 engine, which was unveiled in November at the Los Angeles Auto Show, is a lot better, too. It produces 305 horsepower, nearly as much as today's V8. At the same time, it's projected to get 30 mpg on the highway.
Of course there's more to performance than just the engine. Ford promises better steering feel from a new electronic power steering system and the suspension system has also been improved to provide even better handing than the current Mustang.

I think I'm gonna be ill......LOL

2007 GT convertible - black 5 speed MT: charcoal aluminum panel, black/dove int, anti-theft, cloth top, GT appearance pkg, MODS - MGW shifter, CDC Conv Light Bar, Pony 12V plug, Shelby Hood Pins, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Strut Tower Covers, FRPP GTA's, CDC Classic chin spoiler, GT500 spoiler, Agent47 Mirrors, 18" Chrome DD bullitt rims/Continental tires, C&L CAI, Infinity speakers, RoadWire 2-tone leather interior, 4.6 badges, Dyno Tune-Mongillo Motors-New Haven-CT-301 rwhp/297 rwt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010
SHELBY GT 500 Member

You really know how to ruin someone's day.
Of course the body style is a bit different and it's going to cost you more.
The destination charge has doubled since I bought mine and I live less than 30 miles from the plant. (small rant, lol)

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010
PONY Member

Don't have a link to the article by chance do you?

Nevermind. Found it.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/...ars/index.html

07 Mustang GT Metallic Alloy.
FRPP CAI. SLP Loudmouths.
Roush Front Bumper w/ chin spoiler, Roush Hood scoop, Scott Drake Hood pins, Roush 1/4 window louvers, Billet fuel door.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

That is a car worth waiting for, 2011 Mustang, On a side note the new Focus also made the list.

95 Mustang GT 5.0 Auto, GT40 Intake, PP 70mm Throttle Body, Flows, K&N Air Filter, Coming soon GT40 heads...

99 Mustang GT 4.6 SOHC 5spd, Flows, AM RAI, 70mm Ford Racing Throttle Body, Fidanza 1.0 clutch
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member

i'm sure some of the owners that bought the 2010's aren't to happy but i'm sure the 2011 is more $$ than a new 2010. Probably get a great deal on a 2010 here soon.

2014 Mustang GT, A6, Grabber Blue
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

yeah i know they will be sellin them for way cheap!!

2005 Mustang GT Auto: Mineral Grey with Black stripes, Steeda UDPs, Flowmaster American thunder Axle backs, Bassani catted X-pipe , JLT CAI, Ford racing 4.10 gears, Cervini here and there.

The most powerful car in the parking lot.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

I like the thought of the 5.0 but I'd rather buy a low mile '09 and throw a SC on it and smoke a new one all day for thousands less.

FRPP hotrod cams, Steeda CMDP's, screaming yellow JLT CAI w/SCT tuner, screaming yellow Steeda powdercoated valve covers, FRPP 4.10's, Pypes LT w/hi-flow catted H, BMR LCA's, BMR strut tower brace, Mac axlebacks, Brenspeed dyno tune/shorty antenna/black 18x9.5 CS56 wheels
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

They sound great, but I think that I am going to wait a year or two before I get one of the 5.0s just so I can make sure they get all of the kinks out that usually happen when they make a major change. All that said I am still exited!

2006 Mustang GT PremiumTorch Red, quarter window louvers, Hurst Shifter, FRPP Stinger Axle Back Exhaust, and C&L Racer CAI with SCT X3Tuner with Brenspeed tune.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kso0917 View Post
They sound great, but I think that I am going to wait a year or two before I get one of the 5.0s just so I can make sure they get all of the kinks out that usually happen when they make a major change. All that said I am still exited!
Note to self:
Buy a 2013 Mustang 5.0 on 2014 after paying off 2007 Mustang GT.

WW!!! THREE OF THE SIX CARS SELECTED WERE FRDS! CL!!!

2007 GT Convertible •5 spd •450 rwhp 445 rwtq
Saleen Supercharged •C&L Racer CAI •Brenspeed Custom Dyno Tuned •3.73 FRPP •MGW Shifter •CHE K brace & torque limiters •Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers 3" collectors 3" off road x-pipe •3" Magnaflow Magnapacks •18" FR500 Wheels •275 Rear Tires •GT500 Fuel Pump •Steeda Sports Springs •GT500 shocks struts front sway bar •Steeda LCA & pan hard bar •Slotted/Drilled Rotors •more...
Stock exterior for effect! ░▒▓█
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
that focus is going to be sweet. maybe it can become my beater car once i get my stang blown

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

PONY Member
V6 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ChaosFury
I'm waiting to see how much more power a supercharger adds since the engine is already at a high compression. Yea Shelby's setup makes about 550hp, but that's not enough proof yet.

Elenora. Watch out, she may kick.

2012 GT Premium: Race red - automatic - 3:31 gears - HID headlights - all weather 19" Pirelli tires - Roush axle-back exhaust, GT/CS Spoiler. Coming soon: quarter panel & rear window louvers
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

well Shelby threw a PB blower on the GT350. So it can handle at least moderate boost from the factory.
BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockin' Blue's
There will always be something faster and better no matter when you buy it

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

My Ride : " Buster " 2007 Vista Blue GT
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRonn View Post
Note to self:
Buy a 2013 Mustang 5.0 on 2014 after paying off 2007 Mustang GT.

WW!!! THREE OF THE SIX CARS SELECTED WERE FRDS! CL!!!

Don't forget 2014 is also the 50 year Anniversary, which should make for some more excitement in the car

2006 Mustang GT PremiumTorch Red, quarter window louvers, Hurst Shifter, FRPP Stinger Axle Back Exhaust, and C&L Racer CAI with SCT X3Tuner with Brenspeed tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page