2005 Mustang Seat Covers - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member

2005 Mustang Seat Covers

If there is one thnig that drives me nuts about all cars, its when the car gets to be a few years old and the leather seats start creasing, and get that tired and deflated lotta big ass high mileage look. I have a 2005 windveil Blue gt Mustang and it has Tan leather interior, its a gorgeous car and an awesome color combination with only 29000 miles and change on it. But already the drivers seat doesnt quite look brand new. Is there a company that makes reproduction seat covers and foams, and if so how much do they cost and anyone got a ball park estimate on how much having the seats recovered will cost. I dont wanna stop driving the car, but this will drive me crazy and I will to keep it nice if theres no refuge from the seats wearing.

1967 Mustang "Stella" 1st car restoring currently
2005 Mustang Gt -SOLD
2003 Mach 1 previously owned by Jim McElhinney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I don't know if the 2010 and the 05-09 seats are the same, but this site will sometimes have leather seats for sale that were taken out of new Mustangs. Ford Mustang OEM Auto Parts for sale

I have no experience with aftermarket leather seat covers, sorry.

2008 Mustang GT Premium 5 speed, MGW short throw shifter, 3.55 gears, black-on-black, IUP, 18in polished aluminum wheels, FRPP GTA Axle Backs, JLT II CAI w/SCT X-Cal 2. 296HP & 311TQ

1997 Mustang 3.8L AODE, CAI, Dual Exhaust, UDPs, 17" GT wheels

"Some people live their entire lifetime and wonder if they ever made a difference to the world. Marines don't have that problem." -- Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member

gods honest

Gods honest If I could find them for sale, I would but them and store them as I need them. This is by far my biggest pet peeve

1967 Mustang "Stella" 1st car restoring currently
2005 Mustang Gt -SOLD
2003 Mach 1 previously owned by Jim McElhinney

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

ford dealers can sell you seat covers, no idea about foam though. www.fordpartswebsite.com is where I look for dealer prices. Right now I see that leather seat covers are about 115 for the driver's seat. I think thats black leather though. There are another 6 things on thier page I cannot see so tan leather might be listed and with a different price.call your ford dealer, and ask how much for a new tan leather seat cover for your 05-09 stang. Also, stocking up might not be a bad idea as the 2010 models no longer do tan interiors.

SHO
GT500 Front End Swap, Monster H1 Deep Draw Hood, Web Electric Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Coyote Tail Lights, 2010 Interior Door Panals, 2012 Sun Visors w/ Illuminated Mirrors and Homelink
GO
Coming Soon!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010
MACH I Member
S197 Member

I don't know how bad your seats are, but I've used Luxol leather conditioner on my car and the wrinkles came out. Granted, I don't sit in it for hours at a time, but the few wrinkles I had were taken care of quickly and inexpensively. Us it with the leather cleaner to let the conditioner get deeper into the leather and soften it up enough to relax. It might be worth a shot if you don't have to get the seats redone.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
driver's side , seat , seat covers , upholestery

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page