LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Vista_Stang
Got 100 Gift Card What to do with it?

I was going to save it for when I buy my new hood but is there anything else that I could get that is a good performace type upgrade for my car it's 100 dollars to americanmuscle.com from my GF..... What I already have is BBK CAI(will upgrade to tuner/CAI combo later), I have springs, push start, exhaust, antenna... uh?? I think that's it lol. I was maybe thinking BBK headers but is that worth it??

2007 Vista Blue V6 Mustang (Finally got my new pony 02/05/2011)

2005 Windveil Blue Mustang V6 R.I.P Purchased 2/13/09 totaled 01/30/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010

Get some "GT" emblems... It will look like it has additional 100 horses!

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

I bought Pypes shorty headers, kind of mid-range in price. I can feel a difference (small but mentionable) in acceleration. They gave my exhaust (Flowmaster) more of a louder yet lower toned rumble. Only thing is I found them cheaper at Summit. I strongly recommend either Pypes or JBA over BBK, but that's just me

2007 V6 Coupe Premium

Pony package, Sport Appearance Package, Pypes shorty headers, Stack Racing Sequential Taillights, Pypes X pipe, mid pipes, and Flowmaster AT's, JLT Intake, Brenspeed 93 Oct Tune, Brenspeed windshield banner, Pypes Hi-Flow cats, J&M LCAs, "Boss" hood stripes, Ford Racing Oil Gauge & Voltmeter, SOS A-pillar pods, Steeda Strut tower brace, Steeda TB spacer. Shh..Reggie's a dirty word.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contagious B View Post
......really dude?........ I hope you were playing around.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Thats just not right, it's funny, but SO wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windveil_Stang View Post
I was going to save it for when I buy my new hood but is there anything else that I could get that is a good performace type upgrade for my car it's 100 dollars to americanmuscle.com from my GF..... What I already have is BBK CAI(will upgrade to tuner/CAI combo later), I have springs, push start, exhaust, antenna... uh?? I think that's it lol. I was maybe thinking BBK headers but is that worth it??
If I were you, I would save it until I had enough to buy a tuner. That's going to give you the most performance gain for your $$. Also, you'd need one anyhow to optimize the header install.

2008 Mustang GT Premium 5 speed, MGW short throw shifter, 3.55 gears, black-on-black, IUP, 18in polished aluminum wheels, FRPP GTA Axle Backs, JLT II CAI w/SCT X-Cal 2. 296HP & 311TQ

1997 Mustang 3.8L AODE, CAI, Dual Exhaust, UDPs, 17" GT wheels

"Some people live their entire lifetime and wonder if they ever made a difference to the world. Marines don't have that problem." -- Ronald Reagan
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007_Coupe View Post
I bought Pypes shorty headers, kind of mid-range in price. I can feel a difference (small but mentionable) in acceleration. They gave my exhaust (Flowmaster) more of a louder yet lower toned rumble. Only thing is I found them cheaper at Summit. I strongly recommend either Pypes or JBA over BBK, but that's just me
thanks for the info so you think I should get that? or is there something better that is like 300 or less I don't want to spend too much right now i'm trying to save for big mods or GT but I still am gonna mod this one because I am going to keep it

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
so tuner/cai.... I guess it is a good idea since it will help all mods I get but I thought I should do that after I get my mods and have it tuned when they all get installed because if I don't wont I have to keep paying for new tunes from a company as I add mods to the car I wanted to just do all that at once you know what I mean or am I not thinking right about how the tuners actually work I have never had one so im unsure

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
so tuner/cai.... I guess it is a good idea since it will help all mods I get but I thought I should do that after I get my mods and have it tuned when they all get installed because if I don't wont I have to keep paying for new tunes from a company as I add mods to the car I wanted to just do all that at once you know what I mean or am I not thinking right about how the tuners actually work I have never had one so im unsure
If you buy the tuner from Brenspeed, you will get lifetime updates for those tunes PROVIDED you purchase the other upgrades from them as well.

For instance, you buy a CAI & Tuner from Brenspeed. In 6 months you've saved enough to buy short headers. If you buy the headers from them, they will email you an updated tune with parameters to include the headers. It's a sales tactic and a good one. You become a repeat customer and you don't have to keep paying $50-100 per tune everytime you buy new bolt-ons. It also helps Brenspeed, because they get more business.

I did not buy my stuff from Brenspeed, but a lot of other guys have. Had I known that BEFORE I bought my various bolt-ons for my current and previous cars, I would have just gone to them and be done with it.

2008 Mustang GT Premium 5 speed, MGW short throw shifter, 3.55 gears, black-on-black, IUP, 18in polished aluminum wheels, FRPP GTA Axle Backs, JLT II CAI w/SCT X-Cal 2. 296HP & 311TQ

1997 Mustang 3.8L AODE, CAI, Dual Exhaust, UDPs, 17" GT wheels

"Some people live their entire lifetime and wonder if they ever made a difference to the world. Marines don't have that problem." -- Ronald Reagan

Last edited by thomasusmc; 01-20-2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: spelling
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010
BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockin' Blue's
Get some painted mirror covers or headlight splitters

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

My Ride : " Buster " 2007 Vista Blue GT
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasusmc View Post
If you buy the tuner from Brenspeed, you will get lifetime updates for those tunes PROVIDED you purchase the other upgrades from them as well.

For instance, you buy a CAI & Tuner from Brenspeed. In 6 months you've saved enough to buy short headers. If you buy the headers from them, they will email you an updated tune with parameters to include the headers. It's a sales tactic and a good one. You become a repeat customer and you don't have to keep paying $50-100 per tune everytime you buy new bolt-ons. It also helps Brenspeed, because they get more business.

I did not buy my stuff from Brenspeed, but a lot of other guys have. Had I known that BEFORE I bought my various bolt-ons for my current and previous cars, I would have just gone to them and be done with it.
that does help with those questions thanks

I was being serious. 100 bucks really isn't all that much sorry. Performance is generally pricey. I would suggest appearance type items or save up until you can do something major. Save up for gears, that will be the best way to enhance your acceleration.
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

headlight splitters
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
I was being serious. 100 bucks really isn't all that much sorry. Performance is generally pricey. I would suggest appearance type items or save up until you can do something major. Save up for gears, that will be the best way to enhance your acceleration.
Well I'm not only going to spend the 100 dollar gift card you can't get anything apearance/performance with that really I want to spend around 300 after the 100 dollar gift card

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Well I'm not only going to spend the 100 dollar gift card you can't get anything apearance/performance with that really I want to spend around 300 after the 100 dollar gift card

Well lets see:

Headers
Dual Exhaust
Tuner
Gears
Hood scoop, side scoops, louvers, spoiler, etc.
Coil/wires
and so on...

2007 V6 Coupe Premium

Pony package, Sport Appearance Package, Pypes shorty headers, Stack Racing Sequential Taillights, Pypes X pipe, mid pipes, and Flowmaster AT's, JLT Intake, Brenspeed 93 Oct Tune, Brenspeed windshield banner, Pypes Hi-Flow cats, J&M LCAs, "Boss" hood stripes, Ford Racing Oil Gauge & Voltmeter, SOS A-pillar pods, Steeda Strut tower brace, Steeda TB spacer. Shh..Reggie's a dirty word.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page