Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1/4 mile. Where am I going wrong?

3K views 46 replies 18 participants last post by  travelers 
#1 ·
Just had the car out today for the first time with the new whipple. All day the car was consistent which was great but not as quick as I was expecting. 11.8-11.9 all day long but my traps where 121-122 which didnt really make sense to me. The 122 seems pretty quick for only running an 11.8. 60' times were 1.69/1.7 and 1/8 miles were 7.65-1.8 at 89-90 mph. Im trying to figure out where im losing time if at all. On the start or up top?

What is everyone else out there runing? Whipple H.O. with 4.10, alum fly and alum drive shaft, cams, BMR suspension and MT ET Streets 26".

#32 ·
Deep breaths....in...out...in...out.... chill pill if not already taken...

Remember, everyone was originally trying to help you dude. That's why you started this post, right?

Yes, your trap mph shows you're putting down decent power and should at least be running low 11's, but you know that by now.

Now go get 'er done with everyone's suggestions and keep us posted! :bigthumbsup

#34 ·
Yeah it was good until he repeated something i already knew and misinterpreted my statement and had to make an arrogant comment. Yeah that was great.

sqidd and scord. I have actually traded PMs with both of you guys and both received and given information in the past but now I look forward to not doing so in the future.

I love encountering problems on these boards.

Enough already with this BS.

#36 ·
Yeah it was good until he repeated something i already knew and misinterpreted my statement and had to make an arrogant comment. Yeah that was great.

sqidd and scord. I have actually traded PMs with both of you guys and both received and given information in the past but now I look forward to not doing so in the future.

I love encountering problems on these boards.

Enough already with this BS.
Only reason your upset with me because i pointed out on how blatantly you disregarded sqidds advise after all he was doing was trying to help which you wouldn’t even be mad at if he didn’t insult your "manhood" with drag racing advise which by your word of mouth do not need because you’re a professional and have been doing it for years... But that’s another topic.

If you don’t want opinions do not post on a bloody forum. Its 99.9999% Opinions and that is all you will receive on them most of the time.

#35 ·
I think I might have the same problem as you when I finally get to the track for the first time this year. Pre supercharger I would cross the traps at the top of third gear. Last year when I went witht the blower on street tires I guess the great loss of traction made me have to shift into 4th. i know that was costing me some time. This year will be the first time I run with Mickey Ts Bias ET Streets. We will see.
I know you said you are shifting around 6000rpms to not over rev but maybe shifting a tad higer will help. I know it did with my runs. My rev limiter is set at 6500 and I shift at 6300.

The good news.
WELCOME TO THE 11's. I hope to be there as soon as I get to the track.

#44 ·
I always thought shifting into 4th killed the ET, my buddy was telling me his 06 GT with intake, o/r h, MGW shifter, 3.55s, UDP's and Delete plates he would shift into 4th and it would kind of die down.. He would run slower when he did.. My car is in 3rd when i go through the traps i believe.

do you think your comp cams could be hurting your ET?
do they hurt your low end power? but make good power on the top...which will hurt ET and help MPH?
I run 11.6 at 119 and I think my mph is a bit low? on 28" tire/4.10's
I ran 7.40 at 89 I think Id have to look thur the 1/8.
my 60ft are around 1.68 automatic leaving at 1200rpm.
Dang really? Is that not a good idea to get cams on an N/A setup then if i only have a 3.73? I mean if his low end suffers from the cams, even with that instant boost/big amounts of torque what would it do to my setup lol.

#37 ·
lmao..... interwebz warzzzzz :rollgrin:

#38 ·
"I think I might have the same problem as you when I finally get to the track for the first time this year. Pre supercharger I would cross the traps at the top of third gear. Last year when I went witht the blower on street tires I guess the great loss of traction made me have to shift into 4th. i know that was costing me some time. This year will be the first time I run with Mickey Ts Bias ET Streets. We will see.
I know you said you are shifting around 6000rpms to not over rev but maybe shifting a tad higer will help. I know it did with my runs. My rev limiter is set at 6500 and I shift at 6300.

The good news.
WELCOME TO THE 11's. I hope to be there as soon as I get to the track."

Thats a useful piece of information not like the worthless garbage a few people are putting up here.

Yeah everyone has their opinions most of them are a waste of time listening to. SCORD I still think that sqidd took offense to something that wasnt even targeted toward him but you know what he had to make some kind of cocky remark so screw him and screw you too. You are worthless or using SQUIDDs verbage YOUR worthless. And you are another one with the poor spelling and grammar. Please go back and read your post and edit it so its somewhat readable and look up how to use and spell ADVICE. When you give it to someone its advice not ADVISE.

"he didn’t insult your "manhood" with drag racing advise"

Im laughing at these spelling and grammar mistakes more than anything. Its one thing if you spell something incorrect because you are typing fast but using your instead of you're or advise instead of advice are ridiculous.

#41 ·
do you think your comp cams could be hurting your ET?
do they hurt your low end power? but make good power on the top...which will hurt ET and help MPH?
I run 11.6 at 119 and I think my mph is a bit low? on 28" tire/4.10's
I ran 7.40 at 89 I think Id have to look thur the 1/8.
my 60ft are around 1.68 automatic leaving at 1200rpm.

#46 ·
Good point mick,

They do provide upper RPM power. I still have to get my tune worked out and the only dyno i would go to on long island has a waiting list until May.

thats still a awesome pic of your car in your avitar! pretty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.