Looking to super charge 2010 Mustang gt - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Looking to super charge 2010 Mustang gt

I am researching a super charger for my 2010 Mustang GT. I am very limited on cash like most people here. I would like to get a cheap ( price not quality) super charger that I could upgrade over time. I have looked at the Vortec V3 but I would like to get6 some ideas. I am sure there are several of you guys that have bought a SC and wished you would have gone a different route. Also what do you guys think about used SC that people are selling?:?:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

well what is your budget?

2010 Performance White Mustang GT
FRRP Hot Rod Cams, CAI+Tune, longtube headers, Steeda intake delete plugs, Spec stage 2 clutch and flywheel, SLP LM, 3.73 gears, hurst short throw, steeda LCA, Steeda sport springs, gt500 struts, Powerslot rotors, and a bunch of appearance mods
324rwhp 308tq
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

if you ever prefer price over quality of product when it comes to something as delicate as your car, you probably shouldnt do it, its best to wait until you have a better budget. besides whats the rush?

i.imgur.com/hlhwCJZ.jpg

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010
Apprentice

I just read where Ford Racing has come out with a new Intake Manifold. $549.00 - supposed to increase by 40 horses. If I ever get out from under - that's the route I'm going. 06 GT
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

My budget willbe around 4500.00. I was wanting something that I can get that would be upgradeBle later on. That way I could add upgrades as I save my money.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsewhipped View Post
I just read where Ford Racing has come out with a new Intake Manifold. $549.00 - supposed to increase by 40 horses. If I ever get out from under - that's the route I'm going. 06 GT
I was told that the intake manifolds only give you about 15 rwhp because I was looking at the C&L intake
. I think the 40 rwhp is if you have cams and porter heads or maybe even supercharged.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I wasn't looking to be cheap by any means. I believe in using the best that I can afford. The reason I asked for help on this is because from my past experience there are always things the we wish we could have done a little different. The great thing about being a member of his board is that everyone is willing to help each other out so others can make smart choices from others mistakes. As far as there being in a rush. I tend to have a problem with patience whenever I am adding performance mods to the stang. I usually try to figure out how much I need to get the work done and then it motivates me to get the money saved back.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I was going down this route, but I ran into a lot of issues. Mostly being what's the point in adding 150 horses if you're just going to sit and spin tires all day and other requirements to make ti a smooth install. IE GT500 Fuel Pump, injectors, Lower Control Arms, tune etc. You can find a Blower for about 4k, but the Pump, Control arms and tune will cost you about another 1000. Then factor in labor.

So I decided to turn 4.5k into traction and efficiency.
So far Short Throw Shifter ($250)
Tune ($380)
3.73 gears ($400 installed)
Tighter suspension (springs and dampeners and Sways) - (1000 installed)
Bump Steer kit/Adjustable Panhard Bar ($300)
Upper and Lower Control arms ($250)
GT500 Front brake kit w/ cooling. ($1250)
Exhaust. ($500)
Total: 3900 + labor... (4500)

All said in done with a 93 tune + exhaust, the engine should be putting out about 335-340 hp and 350lbs of torque and all the traction and efficiency you can ask for. Hoping to put down good times and be able to rip up a track all day.

Then a supercharger
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bissl8 View Post
My budget willbe around 4500.00. I was wanting something that I can get that would be upgradeBle later on. That way I could add upgrades as I save my money.
$4655 (already had a tuner) - Paxton Novi 2200SL, air-air charge cooler from Brenspeed.

It makes more power than a stock block can handle.

2007 GT, 5 speed, Paxton 2200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page