Yet another trade up thread - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to RetroGT2006
Exclamation Yet another trade up thread

So i posted that thread a little while back about selling my 06 GT for a 11 GT.. Well i am back on that idea. I recently got an email from a local ford dealer, probably 20 miles from me about them wanting me to trade in my 06 GT and if it was low miles which it kind of is they would hook me up with a killer deal. On a 2010 if i wanted or even if i ordered a '11 they would honor this promotion towards that and lock in the price now.

I won't go into much detail yet, but i will say i potentially could be getting 20+ grand for a trade in. I am dragging my father down there tonight to negotiate on prices for an '11 GT. Time will tell on whether or not the email was just a scam to get me in there. I called and spent about 25 minutes on the phone and she assured me, my car with those little miles i am eligible and they can score me a killer deal.

I know most people will read this and say ah bull- it won't ever happen. I have a feeling my dad will say the same thing, but i will reassure him and the rest of you it could be possible. Hell my 06 GT Premium that was BRAND NEW had a sticker of 30k and they had an ad on their site saying 06 GT's loaded brand new selling for $22,xxx.. Dad said impossible, they'd never let a 30,000$ vehicle go for that little. Well when we went down there mine was the last one left and it was legit. That is all i paid for a new loaded GT.

Daily Driver: 2006 Honda CBR600rr
Weekend Warrior: 2006 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

well good luck. I hope you get a good deal on your trade in. get a 5.0!

2010 Performance White Mustang GT
FRRP Hot Rod Cams, CAI+Tune, longtube headers, Steeda intake delete plugs, Spec stage 2 clutch and flywheel, SLP LM, 3.73 gears, hurst short throw, steeda LCA, Steeda sport springs, gt500 struts, Powerslot rotors, and a bunch of appearance mods
324rwhp 308tq
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSBlackJack View Post
well good luck. I hope you get a good deal on your trade in. get a 5.0!
Yeah, i wouldn't get a 2010. Only because stock will be a lot slower then what my car is now. I want a better platform to mod with small bolt ons. a 5.0 will be running quicker 1/4 mile times then my bolt on auto GT now.. I will report back guys if i make it out there tonight or tomorrow.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010
GT Member

Good luck on getting $20+ grand on your trade. While it may be a nice car, I doubt you will get that on a trade, 5 model years after you bought it, regardless of miles. That sounds like they are baiting you to show up.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

More like 10k if your lucky. I purchased my 05 gt with 35k miles for 13k. Just sounds to crazy to be true.

'05 GT
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Yeah bro, its a gimmick to get you to come into their dealer- but it is ok, if they can beat the previous quote form a different dealership- and give me a really good price like they claimed over the phone n email, well- it may be doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckerpuck View Post
More like 10k if your lucky. I purchased my 05 gt with 35k miles for 13k. Just sounds to crazy to be true.
No way in hell i will only get 10k as a trade in.. Sorry man, another dealer already quoted me $16k..

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Good luck, that would be sick if you could get the 5.0.

2008 Vapor Silver Mustang GT

JLTSCTSLPBMRMagnaflowEibach
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGT View Post
Good luck, that would be sick if you could get the 5.0.
Yeah it would be pretty sweet. I am not going there with high hopes at all because most dealers love to play games. If they are legit about this promotion they are doing and it really works out- i would go for it. Well dad DOES NOT want to go, so me and my buddy that got the email are rolling up there to see what the real deal is.. He will trade in his 01 SVT Lightning if the deal is good.

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010
Banned
4.6L Member

Why get a 5.0 when the 07/08 GT500s go all day now for $35K? Most have almost no milage....
Ford : Mustang : eBay Motors (item 250613160714 end time Apr-17-10 15:55:35 PDT)
Ford : Mustang : eBay Motors (item 220587089205 end time Apr-19-10 18:32:35 PDT)

Last edited by 2Manystangs; 04-14-2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: edit
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

one of the worst things you can do is tell them you have a trade before you have a deal set i would try this but if it doesnt work out ok then i would try again at a different dealer and say that you have a trade after you have a set price for the new car. They will ask immediately if you have a trade and then you say no then when you have sealed a deal well sort of then slip in the fact that you are trading in it pisses them off royally!!!

2005 Mustang GT Auto: Mineral Grey with Black stripes, Steeda UDPs, Flowmaster American thunder Axle backs, Bassani catted X-pipe , JLT CAI, Ford racing 4.10 gears, Cervini here and there.

The most powerful car in the parking lot.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Manystangs View Post
The 5.0 sounds sweet but this guy has a point. Then you'd have a bigger motor in a faster car, you could rock the snake badges all day long without getting crap from people and to be honest you'd probably get off a lot cheaper than buying a brand new 2011 GT.

Black 2005 Mustang v6, 5 speed, IUP, EUP and Leather.

Razzi 1/4 window scoops, Mustang GT Sway Bars, Flowmaster American Thunder Single Exhaust, Clear Front Turn Signal Lenses, Demolet CAI, X-cal2 91 tune, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, FRPP T-Lock, Ford 3.73 gears
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black05Pony View Post
The 5.0 sounds sweet but this guy has a point. Then you'd have a bigger motor in a faster car, you could rock the snake badges all day long without getting crap from people and to be honest you'd probably get off a lot cheaper than buying a brand new 2011 GT.
Thats what I've been saying too! I'd rather have a GT500 with 30k miles then a 2011 Mustang GT. What it comes down to is that the GT500 will always be worth more, better upgradeable motor (unless the 5.0 can handle 15 lbs of boost no problem... but it won't), cooler car, bragging rights, ... the lists goes on and on!

Good luck getting $20k for your stang! I honestly couldn't see a dealership paying more then $12,000. After all they need to make a profit off what they buy. GTs on average sell for $15k-$18k.

2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
2005 GT Premium- Sold
1990 GT Hatch- Sold
1989 GT Vert - Sold
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Good point guys, i had thought about that too.. The thing is, i don't buy used cars. Let me rephrase that, i would not buy a used sports car or muscle car. You know it probably has been abused to hell.. I don't know, i would be the unlucky one and get stuck with a shitbox..

GT Member
S197 Member

Well Rob good luck with what ever you decide what color would you get my 2 favs are grabber blue and sunset gold. Also you just put a crap load of money into your car and its almost paid off you might want to consider that.

2007 grabber orange mustang gt prem 5 speed automatic, interior upgrade package, sirus satelite radio, slp loudmouths, , 14 inch shorty antenna, 18x9 afs machined black mach1 wheels, cdc classic chin spoiler, saleen heritage rear spoiler. Agent 47 retro mirriors, bmr strut tower brace, jagger brothers splash guards. Custom painted stripes , kooks 1 5/8 long tube headers, kooks catted h pipe, steeda delete plates, c&l racer intake.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo07stang View Post
Well Rob good luck with what ever you decide what color would you get my 2 favs are grabber blue and sunset gold. Also you just put a crap load of money into your car and its almost paid off you might want to consider that.
I am not really worried, they prob would try for the best deal since they want to buy my 06 so they can sell it used and move new inventory asap. The less they have to pay while it sits on the lot.

Hell they emailed my buddy a few months back saying they were in the market to buy used stangs because a high demand.. The letter he got said they would give him $17,500 i think for it, and it did NOT require him to buy any of their vehicles..

Turns out he went up there, got the check and left and bought a 01 SVT Lightning privately.. So you just never know.

As for me putting money into my car, i know.. Well the rims, intake, tuner, LTs, midpipe, mufflers, suspension, taillights w/ sequentials, spoiler, stereo, udps etc can and would be pulled off the car.. I have EVERY stock piece to this car, i would NOT pull out the gears, nor would i get the delete plates.. Everything else i did myself and it is simple to do. The delete plates would only stay because well- i heard once you take off the stock plates n motor, you can't just bolt it back on and have it work..

I would sell all those mods online and hope to make a grand or so.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page