Bama tune or Brenspeed tune? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Which tune do you prefer?
Bama tunes 64 54.70%
Brenspeed tunes 53 45.30%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Question;

Last time I had a car tuned, it was my '03 Marauder, and most aspects of that tune were aimed at correcting the mush in the slushbox.

I prefer sticks as daily drivers, so would a manual gear-box car benefit as much as someone saddled with 2 fans blowing syrup at each other?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Can't speak for the Brenspeed tunes but have always heard good things about the company in general and also their tunes. I just installed Bama's Street tune and also have their Performance and Race tunes in my handheld waiting for their turn. I have free tunes for life from American Muscle and Bama just joined froces with them so I got Bama's tunes for free. And American Muscle will update your tune free whenever you need one due to mods, and doesn't matter if you bought their mods or someone elses, or their own updates.

The Bama Street tune was noticeably stronger then stock and also better then my previous 93 octane steeda sct tune. You'll be happy either way. But not sure if Brenspeed provides free tunes if you bought mods from somewhere else? Ask them!

'07 GT/CS,Steeda CAI,93 Oct. Bama Tunes,FRPP 4:10's & K Springs,GT500 Struts/Shocks,Hurst Shift,SLP Loudmouths,Foose Rims(20x10+39mm/20x8.5+34mm),Nitto Invo 295/35&255/35,Eibach Camber Bolts,J&M Adj.Pan.Rod,Adj UCA&LCA's,AM Strut Tower Brace,Tru-Fiber GTS-3 Hood&Hood Shock,GT-R Headlight Splits,CDC Nozzle Reloc.,SHR Lwr Grille,Flush Louvers,Gas Cap&Medallion,UPR Ant. Del.,Hood Pin&Billet Strut Cvrs,Rad.Ext.Cvrs,Blk rotors/cals,Clear black turn signals,SRP Black Racing Pedals
GT Member

In less than 2 days I received the new race tune and Chris basically upgraded my 89 tq to a 91 performance.

RIP 2006 Mustang GT
New Ride 04 Pontiac GTO

PONY Member
S197 Member

i voted for bama because thats what i have and all i have ever had love it.mine is auto
Site Sponsor

Put my vote in, for obvious reasons, LOL! Thanks for all of the great feedback, everyone!

Chris Rose | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Need help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Ok I have been out of the loop Chris you are with American Muscle now? What is going on? Doug is with AM I heard awile back. I can not say who`s tune is better,I am willing to put it to the test at the drag strip however. I have Dougs 91 Octane Nitrous tune now.I just need Brenspeeds tune to put them to the test.
Oh by the way I did not vote. I like testing things out before I go and open my big mouth.

JLT CAI/BAMA tune,moto blue pullies,3:73`s,LPW girdle;Powerhouse DS,CHE safety loop,CHE LCA`S & Adjustable UCA,Kooks LT`S & O/R X Pipe,prothane MM`s,Steeda CMDP`S,Eibach springs,Tokico D specs,Polished TB(by Me),Steeda radiator support,Zex kit 100 shot. Taylor Relocation battery kit and cut off switch,PTC converter,Bogarts and Hosier QTP`S.
11:903 ET, 1.67 60`,111.897 MPH
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenspeed View Post
I placed our vote but it may be a little biased.:

Our tunes have been developed on the dyno, at the track, and on the streets for maximum satisfaction. Your throttle response will be instant, drivability is increased when compared to stock, and the low end torque and top end hp is increased. Most customers report that MPG increased as long as the could stay out of the throttle. You will also receive free tune updates for life on tune required purchases made through Brenspeed. Plus you get the customer service many members on here love.
My car was already tuned when I first bought it. But after Brenspeed tuned it, the driveability was like night and day. Throttle is so much more progressive than my previous all power or no power tune. Highway mileage went from 24 mpg to 26 mpg according to onboard computer. And just because the throttle is more progressive, it doesn't mean some torque got lost on the bottom end. They're there and even more. The horses were just more refined, which means I have better command on how much wheel spin I want whenever and wherever I want them.

When I first got my car before Brenspeed tune, my left calf muscle was always a bit sore after stop and go driving in the city from constantly feathering the clutch. I got 500 horses, and them were rowdy horses.

2007 GT Convertible •5 spd •450 rwhp 445 rwtq
Saleen Supercharged •C&L Racer CAI •Brenspeed Custom Dyno Tuned •3.73 FRPP •MGW Shifter •CHE K brace & torque limiters •Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers 3" collectors 3" off road x-pipe •3" Magnaflow Magnapacks •18" FR500 Wheels •275 Rear Tires •GT500 Fuel Pump •Steeda Sports Springs •GT500 shocks struts front sway bar •Steeda LCA & pan hard bar •Slotted/Drilled Rotors •more...
Stock exterior for effect! ░▒▓█
Apprentice
S197 Member

I too have used both for parts and tunes. Great tunes and service. Just flip a coin and you will be happy with either outcome.
Rookie
S197 Member

I started out with the Brenspeed tunes that came with the tuner I bought from them. Shortly thereafter I noticed a really bad dead spot from 2,000 to 2,500 rpm under light throttle (at least a 60% drop in power through that entire range). After an inquiry to them about this I was told it was the opening of the CMCVs. I replied that my '97 Cobra had a very different feel when its plates opened at 3,200 rpm, just a quick flutter with no dead spot. I was then told that they have sent this tune out hundreds of times and never had a problem before. That was it...no resolution, no suggestions, no offer to look at the tune. Due to their lack of customer support I gave Bama a shot.

The Bama tunes are great throughout the entire rpm range and make plenty of power, and I like having the different styles of tune...torque, performance and race, each with a unique feel. Since I have an Airaid intake that works fine with the stock tune, I don't have to "waste" a slot on the tuner for an 87 octane tune. If I'm traveling and can only find 87, it's just temporarily back to stock. Also makes smog checks a breeze.

2007 Mustang GT, 5-sp man, Airaid/Bama, Steeda UDPs, JBA Shorties, Bassani X (splice-in), DynoMax Ultra-Flo Mufflers, Shaftmasters 3.5", Vogtland Leveling Springs, J&M Camber Plates, Prothane MMs, Sequentials, CDC Classic, GT500 Spoiler, SHR Panel, MyColor Swap

1984 Capri RS 5.0 T-top, 5-sp man, Edelbrock Performer RPM, Holley Street Avenger 570cfm

1963 Vespa VNB 125cc
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

my vote broke the 50/50 breenspeed +1. these tunes are all very close if you loaded the bama race tune then the breen tune you proably couldnt even tell the difference.

2005 v6-14.8 1/4
Performance Mods~Mac Dual Exhaust with shorty ceramic headers, K&N typhoon CAI, SCT3 with 93 Brenspeed tune, BBK 70mm TB, Screamin Demon coil, JBA wires, Drilled and Slotted Rotors. J&M rear lower control arms
Visual Mods~ 17" boss rims on nittos 255/45's, clear front turn signals, chrome upper billet grille, window louvers, shaker500 w/ jlaudio 12" sub an amp in the trunk for some thump. kenwood excelon kdc-x396 deck
Rookie

My vote goes to Bama Tunes. Hat's off to Mike, Ryan, Dan, and Chris. Great guys!!

Thanks,
Andrew Hanlon
Hanlon Motorsports

"Home of the fastest naturally
aspirated Tremec-equipped 5.0"
9.15 @ 152.40 MPH
Rookie

I just wish Bama-tuning could tune my STi too!
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGURU View Post
I just wish Bama-tuning could tune my STi too!
I believe there only tuning for mustangs right now. They did a sick tune for my 1990 Lx 5.0!

"Home of the fastest naturally
aspirated Tremec-equipped 5.0"
9.15 @ 152.40 MPH
PONY Member
S197 Member

Reason why i voted Brenspeed:

I ran Bamachip's tunes for nearly 3 years on my car, I just recently switched to Brenspeed out of curiosity, I went from Doug’s 91 Race tune to Brenspeed's 87 performance tune, and I felt like there was a significant power increase throughout the power band. Best i can explain it is, the Bamachips tune gave me the feeling of a lot of power in the mid rpms, but Brenspeed's tune actually kept pulling and gave me that smile at 6200 rpms.

I'm sure results could vary depending on your particular car, but it feels like my car is faster with a 87 performance tune vs. the 91 bamachips race tune.... unfortunately my xcal2 broke the day I got my tunes so I am unable to try out there 91 performance, but I could only image the way there 87 performance tune is. X3 is on the way from Brenspeed.

Only thing i miss was the way Doug had that auto tranny setup... Nothing beats his Race tune when you have a auto... but i felt like the power increase, and smile at 2-3 shift when it churps the tires on heavy 20" rims in 75 degree weather was more important for now.

I don’t think anyone should vote on these types of things unless they have used both to give the other a fair chance. Both great tuners, but right now I’m loving Brenspeed’s tunes. +1 for them.

2007Alloy Gt Auto - Vroom Vroom
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Looks like Bama has dropped the 1 tune for $50.00 and you can only go with the 3 for $150.00 now.

Currently looking for my next Mustang
06 Mustang GT Tungsten Grey - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page