Bama tune or Brenspeed tune? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Which tune do you prefer?
Bama tunes 64 54.70%
Brenspeed tunes 53 45.30%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGT281 View Post
Looks like Bama has dropped the 1 tune for $50.00 and you can only go with the 3 for $150.00 now.
We do still sell individual tunes, but they're not listed on the site. The only way to buy 1 tune is to give us a call and set up the order.

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Bama for life,get the Best and forget the rest. Chris Rose is the man of tunes. Chris if your reading , I think you forgot me the other day. Never got it.

JLT CAI/BAMA tune,moto blue pullies,3:73`s,LPW girdle;Powerhouse DS,CHE safety loop,CHE LCA`S & Adjustable UCA,Kooks LT`S & O/R X Pipe,prothane MM`s,Steeda CMDP`S,Eibach springs,Tokico D specs,Polished TB(by Me),Steeda radiator support,Zex kit 100 shot. Taylor Relocation battery kit and cut off switch,PTC converter,Bogarts and Hosier QTP`S.
11:903 ET, 1.67 60`,111.897 MPH
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_MagicGT View Post
Im getting ready to invest in a tuner and I was wondering which one of these I should go with. Can you guys help me out?
Three things:

1) I love my Bama tune on my Shelby
2) I add **** to my car all the time so "Bama tunes for life rocks!"
3) They are responsive. Emailed them last night about the difference between a "Ford Racing Resonator delete" and the gains on "other" CAIs. They got back the next day and saved me hundreds of dollars! (Hint: $55 for the Ford Racing Resonator Delete is all you need for the gain)

2010 Mustang Shelby GT500 SVT and everything

2011 Mustang GT Premium. Order canceled

Rookie
S197 Member

I vote Brenspeed. Got their Stage 3 on my Saleen SC GT. Night and day difference from the standard Saleen tune. The car is just a monster now. Excellent throttle response. These guys know their stuff. Plus they are always very responsive on any questions. If you are within a half day drive of their shop you have to go!
Apprentice
S197 Member

I've got the Brenspeed tunes. Haven't tried the 87 tune yet but have used the 91 and the 93 and am very pleased. I have a manual tranny. Car seems pretty normal when you drive it passively, but lots of extra juice once you hit about 3,500+ rpm. You can actually feel it kicking in at that point.

I must say that I have not noticed an increase in mileage. If anything my highway milage may be down a bit.

Would like to try the Bama tunes but apparently you can't keep more than 3 tunes plus stock tune on the SCT tuner at any one time.

2008 Vapor GT Premium Convertible
5 spd, IUP, 18" wheels, 14" shorty antenna, some interior dress up mods. FRPP CAI, GTA mufflers.
Rookie

I have "HEARD" that bama and brenspeed both use sct's tuning software, isn't that the only way to program the sct tuners, because if you purchase the programs you can do it yourself. Either way you will Love either of them, just get one
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I have a couple of tunes for mine, a custom dyno and Brenspeed. I usually run the Brenspeed tune. It just feels like it pulls harder. They have great customer service, but that's really the case with them and the guys at AM. In my opinion you can't go wrong with either one.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
Apprentice
S197 Member

Brenspeed for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenspeed View Post
I placed our vote but it may be a little biased.:

Our tunes have been developed on the dyno, at the track, and on the streets for maximum satisfaction. Your throttle response will be instant, drivability is increased when compared to stock, and the low end torque and top end hp is increased. Most customers report that MPG increased as long as the could stay out of the throttle. You will also receive free tune updates for life on tune required purchases made through Brenspeed. Plus you get the customer service many members on here love.

Every word is true as can be. But Brenspeed is all about help full knowlegable service, they go over the top to help you no matter what it takes, and they dont talk down to you or rush you on the phone. Everything I bought for my 07 GT came from Brenspeed and all future goodies will be bought right there.
Apprentice

I am trying to decide currently...I like the discount at AM, but my car is stock (except for the pype bombs I am putting on this weekend) and I keep reading this thread to make a good choice...
Want to get the JLT CAI...

2010 Mustang GT

JLT CAI, 93 Octane Tune from Brenspeed, Pype Bombs, CDC Chin Spoiler, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, FRPP 4:10 Gears, Stealth FR500's, Nitto NT555 255/45/18 and 295/45/18
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaneMustang View Post
I am trying to decide currently...I like the discount at AM, but my car is stock (except for the pype bombs I am putting on this weekend) and I keep reading this thread to make a good choice...
Want to get the JLT CAI...
Go for it, you'll be happy you did.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
Apprentice

Yep went with the JLT and I have been using the Brenspeed 93 Oct tune...LOVES IT

2010 Mustang GT

JLT CAI, 93 Octane Tune from Brenspeed, Pype Bombs, CDC Chin Spoiler, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, FRPP 4:10 Gears, Stealth FR500's, Nitto NT555 255/45/18 and 295/45/18
post #42 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Wow, it can easily be said that both tunes are great!

09 Black Mustang GT
SLP loudmouths
Rookie

I can't tell you which one is better but I just installed a Brenspeed tune with my new CAI and the "throttle response" , butt dyno:kooky:, tire spin all tell me that is was money well spent. If it's close to the 30-40 HP gain as advertised then it's a 10-14% gain over stock for very few $. I would say that it's the best bag for the buck and a must for all.

The low end lag is gone, even in 5th gear at 40 mph you can feel the pull increase. It is easier to take off at the light. Its smoother, more pull in every gear. Throttle response is immediate with no lag. Car even sounds better.

Did I say it awesome?
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Any tune by a reputable tuner will be great. AM and Brenspeed have great customer service.
Also i give a shout out to VMP. Justin makes some nasty tunes.

2011 Premium Red Candy Mustang GT ( Delivered 5/24/10 )
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcsmustang View Post
Can't speak for the Brenspeed tunes but have always heard good things about the company in general and also their tunes. I just installed Bama's Street tune and also have their Performance and Race tunes in my handheld waiting for their turn. I have free tunes for life from American Muscle and Bama just joined froces with them so I got Bama's tunes for free. And American Muscle will update your tune free whenever you need one due to mods, and doesn't matter if you bought their mods or someone elses, or their own updates.

The Bama Street tune was noticeably stronger then stock and also better then my previous 93 octane steeda sct tune. You'll be happy either way. But not sure if Brenspeed provides free tunes if you bought mods from somewhere else? Ask them!

I am really curious about this.. are you certain that you can add additional mods later that were not purchased from them and they will update your tune for free?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page