Bama tune or Brenspeed tune? - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Which tune do you prefer?
Bama tunes 64 54.70%
Brenspeed tunes 53 45.30%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Bama tune or Brenspeed tune?

Im getting ready to invest in a tuner and I was wondering which one of these I should go with. Can you guys help me out?

09 Black Mustang GT
SLP loudmouths
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Both companies make great tunes. Whichever company you go for, you will not be disappointed

2005 Performance White GT
Exterior: SHR Honeycomb Panel, Blacked Out Tail Lights, Blacked Out Third Brake Light, 8" shorty antenna, Inner Smoked Turn Signals, Black Stripes, Black GT Rear Decklid Emblem, GT500 Spoiler, CDC Chin Spoiler, Bullitt Grille, Sequentials
Interior: RVinyl Aluminum Dash Kit, Running Pony Emblem on Arm Rest, Torch Red Door Sill Inserts and Accent Bars, Red Dome Lights, Kenwood DDX616 Headunit, Kicker L7 Sub, Kenwood 1000 Watt Amp
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010
GT Member

This debate has been going on for a while. Since Chirs formerly of Tilman speed has joined American Muscle and is involved with the tuning for Bama, then that may be worth checking out. I am sure brenspeed also has awesome tunes.

RIP 2006 Mustang GT
New Ride 04 Pontiac GTO

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010

I placed our vote but it may be a little biased.:

Our tunes have been developed on the dyno, at the track, and on the streets for maximum satisfaction. Your throttle response will be instant, drivability is increased when compared to stock, and the low end torque and top end hp is increased. Most customers report that MPG increased as long as the could stay out of the throttle. You will also receive free tune updates for life on tune required purchases made through Brenspeed. Plus you get the customer service many members on here love.
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010
BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockin' Blue's
++1 on Brenspeed, their tunes are awesome

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

My Ride : " Buster " 2007 Vista Blue GT
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

i would go with brenspeed, i had a vortech s/c on my gt. and the tune with the kit was awesome. besides they have real time experience at the track with their own cars and are very successful.

2010v6, FRPP CAI,93AM RaceTune,Tlok,4:10's. dual aeroforce gauges/SOS pillar gauge pod. custom flamed plenum/shock tower covers.dash & door insert kit. billet grille(black).GT500 spoiler & decklid panel.1/4 window/side scoops.duals w/series 44 flowmasters.roush rear valance POW/MIA & AMERICAN FLAG emblems.( in the works; shelby/paxton cs6/terlingua 375hp intrcld supercharger).
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010
MACH I Member
S197 Member

I have Bama's tunes (now part of American Muscle) and don't have any complaints, but I have heard great things about Brenspeed and I plan to make a trip up there when I can afford it.

2008 Grabber Orange GT premium, 5 speed manual, 3.31s
C&L Racer CAI, Kooks LT headers and catted H pipe, MAC Boom Tubes, Diablosport Predator Tuner with AM/Bama Tunes

Heroes Live Forever
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Brenspeed is awesome!

2006 RedFire GT Coupe, Premium, Dark Charcoal Leather, Shaker 500, 5-Sp Manual, Active Anti-Theft, IUP, 18" Polished Bullitts, Side Airbags.
Mods: WebElectric Sequentials, OEM Sirius Satellite Radio, OEM Plenum Cover, FRPP GTA Axle Backs, G-TECH PRO RR, C&L Racer CAI / X3 / Brenspeed 91 Tune, Ford Racing 'Bullitt' Strut Brace, Hurst Billet Shifter.
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenspeed View Post
I placed our vote but it may be a little biased.:

Our tunes have been developed on the dyno, at the track, and on the streets for maximum satisfaction. Your throttle response will be instant, drivability is increased when compared to stock, and the low end torque and top end hp is increased. Most customers report that MPG increased as long as the could stay out of the throttle. You will also receive free tune updates for life on tune required purchases made through Brenspeed. Plus you get the customer service many members on here love.
This man speaks the truth. My car is easier to drive now, than it was when it was stock. zero flat spots in the power curve.

FRPP hotrod cams, Steeda CMDP's, screaming yellow JLT CAI w/SCT tuner, screaming yellow Steeda powdercoated valve covers, FRPP 4.10's, Pypes LT w/hi-flow catted H, BMR LCA's, BMR strut tower brace, Mac axlebacks, Brenspeed dyno tune/shorty antenna/black 18x9.5 CS56 wheels
GT Member

Really you can't go wrong with either company. If you compare equal tunes from each company you will get the same 1/8 or 1/4 mile times. The biggest factor will be the driver. I have both Bamachips tunes and Brooksspeed tune and at the track my times are nearly identical.

RIP 2006 Mustang GT
New Ride 04 Pontiac GTO
Rookie

Everything I have read about both of them seems to be that everyone really likes them about the same. I personally plan to go with Bama (just because they are part of AM).
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I've always been a BIG American Muscle guy, but I've used Brenspeed for one product and I was extremely happy with how fast and great they were. Either way you will be fine.

07 White GT Premium/ Eibach Pro Kit/ 2010 GT500 staggered wheels/NITTO 555R Tires/ GT Headrests/ Straight Pipes with 4inch stainless tips/ 5% tint/ Apline sound system.
*RIP*(Dad, Grandpa, Jared, and many others)
*I've learned from my mistakes, and I'm becoming a better person because of them*
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Yeah I've heard nothing but awesome stuff from both places. The only thing is, on down the road I was planning to S/C my car at Brenspeed. So I figured going ahead and getting this there now would save me a little later.

09 Black Mustang GT
SLP loudmouths
Apprentice

Sorry, but I will not trust any mail tune unless im in a pinch and than i would not get on it until I have put it on a dyno to see what is going on. There is not sub for a quility custom dyno tune. It may cost a bit more but it's well worth it. every car will run differant and respond differant to mods just like every mustang from the factory varries in HP. Nothing against Brenspeed or Bama tune, I had a Bama Tune and it was good and nothing happend to my car but the first time i had a chance to get a good custom tune on a dyno I took it. Plus Most shops will give you a discount on the dyno tune if you buy the tuner from them. For example Stang Hi in Baton Rouge will knock $100 of the dyno tune. If any of you are in the area look them up.

V3 vortech (11lb boost) SSW longtube headers, 4:10 and awsome tune from Stang Hi performance (Baton Rouge LA).
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Love my Brenspeed tune. Great throttle response and MPG is at or better than stock on the highway.

Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page