Colored LED Dome Lights? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Ah! I think I found them! Are these the ones?

921-x9 Wedge Base bulbs Specifications

09 Black Mustang GT
SLP loudmouths
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockin' Blue's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_MagicGT View Post
Ah! I think I found them! Are these the ones?

921-x9 Wedge Base bulbs Specifications

Bingo, you got it

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

My Ride : " Buster " 2007 Vista Blue GT
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

sweet i got it dude cant wait!!! do the lenses pop out easy?

2005 Mustang GT Auto: Mineral Grey with Black stripes, Steeda UDPs, Flowmaster American thunder Axle backs, Bassani catted X-pipe , JLT CAI, Ford racing 4.10 gears, Cervini here and there.

The most powerful car in the parking lot.

BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IansBAJ View Post
sweet i got it dude cant wait!!! do the lenses pop out easy?
Just use a really small flat blade screwdriver to pop out the lens and some needle nose pliers to get the old bulbs out, they install real easy with your fingers and the lens just pop back in and your ready to go

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Blue's View Post
I can tell you that the blue looks awesome in the night time You can get them at superbrightleds.com Order the 921x9 wedge bulb
Thanks again, Rockin' Blue's! Blue ones on the way now. I wish I'd posted this last night, before I ordered the other ones. I would have saved a few bucks.

I'll install whichever color arrives first.

I like simple mods like this the best. I can never make a decision. Dramatic and very noticible, but can be changed back easily.

Photos coming soon...
BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenstein View Post
Thanks again, Rockin' Blue's! Blue ones on the way now. I wish I'd posted this last night, before I ordered the other ones. I would have saved a few bucks.

I'll install whichever color arrives first.

I like simple mods like this the best. I can never make a decision. Dramatic and very noticible, but can be changed back easily.
NP, That's what were are here for to help out fellow stangers. I saw the price on the ones on Ebay and thought yikes kinda pricey.No matter you will really like the look and get lots of nice comments as well

( Outlaw Josey Wales )

S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
i have diamond white LED's on my dome lights, i love them only problem is they are always slightly illuminated, but they are LED's so they use next to zero electricity and since i drive everyday its not a problem at all

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
i have diamond white LED's on my dome lights, i love them only problem is they are always slightly illuminated, but they are LED's so they use next to zero electricity and since i drive everyday its not a problem at all
i got the blue 10 led ones, love em. they are clear to look at, but turn on blue and do some weird stuff, like might not go completely off or may light real dim at any time, but they sure are a nice addition.

05 V6 auto,
GT Member
S197 Member

I'm not driving the Mustang today so I can't run out and look....how many of these bulbs does one need for the dome light?

Thank you!!

2008 Mustang GT Premium, coupe, GT500-esque conversion, standard, torch red w/dark charcoal interior, K&N CAI, BBK twin 62mm throttle body, BBK tuned shorty headers, SCT SF3 / X3 Power Flash Preloaded Custom Tuner, Steeda UDPs, MGW shifter, 18" chrome GT500 wheels, turn signal side mirrors. Torch Red Registry #249

2013 Lexus RX350, 270 HP V6, Fire Agate/Parchment

GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

you will need 2 bulbs i got red but they were not bright enough

2005 Mustang GT Auto: Mineral Grey with Black stripes, Steeda UDPs, Flowmaster American thunder Axle backs, Bassani catted X-pipe , JLT CAI, Ford racing 4.10 gears, Cervini here and there.

PONY Member

What did they charge for shipping?

06 Vista Blue Premium GT, Automatic, CDC Shaker Hood System, Pioneer AVIC Z2 DVD/ Navigation System with Rear View Camera, Rear Window Louvers, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, SHR Honeycomb Panel,SHR Flush Mount Louvers, Stainless Tail light Bezels, FRPP Stingers, 3D Carbon Side Scoops, C&L Street CAI, SCT X2 W/ 93 Street-Race Tune, Sequential Turn Signals, CDC Hood Struts, TCI Street Fighter Shifter

Member MCOH & MCA
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I've done an even easier and cheaper route to have colored interior lights and they don't stay on after I turn the car off.

I went to my local hobby/craft store and got different colored celophane. Cut circles out of the colored celophane and just dropped the cut outs into the light lense covers.

I can change them with a fingernail being my only tool needed.

Fast, easy and cheap!
Apprentice

picked up a set of white ones from www.superbrightleds.com. damn things are bright as hell....def. love'em. they got l.e.d lights for every part of the car in any color.

glass-roof, steeda CAI, SCT flash tuner, bassani LT headers, bassani x-pipe & full exhaust, black fog delete grill, blacked out rear decklid, black turn signal lenses, 5th generation black l.e.d. taillights, smoked l.e.d. 3rd brake light, black rear sidemarkers, rear seat delete kit, agent 47 side view mirrors, UMI anit-hop kit stage 1, Vogtland lowering/leveling springs, mgp caliper covers, black saleen style 18x9 & 18x10 rims, 255/40/18 & 285/45/18 nitto 555, DECEPTICON side logos
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
What did they charge for shipping?

4.39 for shipping to AZ....... more than the bulbs

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojoCohete View Post
I've done an even easier and cheaper route to have colored interior lights and they don't stay on after I turn the car off.

I went to my local hobby/craft store and got different colored celophane. Cut circles out of the colored celophane and just dropped the cut outs into the light lense covers.

I can change them with a fingernail being my only tool needed.

Fast, easy and cheap!
Well, aren't you smart and crafty! Might have to rip you off on that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IansBAJ View Post
you will need 2 bulbs i got red but they were not bright enough
Where did you buy them? www.superbrightleds.com ?

2008 Mustang GT Premium, coupe, GT500-esque conversion, standard, torch red w/dark charcoal interior, K&N CAI, BBK twin 62mm throttle body, BBK tuned shorty headers, SCT SF3 / X3 Power Flash Preloaded Custom Tuner, Steeda UDPs, MGW shifter, 18" chrome GT500 wheels, turn signal side mirrors. Torch Red Registry #249

2013 Lexus RX350, 270 HP V6, Fire Agate/Parchment

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page