hood lifts--pros or cons - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
S197 Member

Yes ...get them !! I have the Steeda Billet versions that just bolt in and love them.!!

2007 Black on Black, GT 6 Speed
B326 (5.3L) Built Stroker,FRPP CNC PORTED Heads,Kooks LT's,Hi-Flow Catted H,Aluminum Drive Shaft,4:10 Gears,Tokico, Eibach Pro,Nitto 555R,,UCA/LCA, ,HotRod Cams,FRPP 62mm TB,Whipple HO-Intercooled SC,GT-500 Dual Fuel Pumps,Steeda-Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive System,15 psi, Mcleod RXT Twin Disc Clutch, Moroso 7qt oil pan. Tremec T56 Magnum XL 6 Speed
Plus more...
709 RWHP/712 RWTQ
Mustang Dyno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member
S197 Member

Bought a cheap set brand new off ebay for $60. Glad I didn't pay any more than what I did! They do exactly the same as any other hood struts do. And they were straight bolt on, they didn't require any drilling!
hood lifts--pros or cons-0328001500.jpghood lifts--pros or cons-0328001500a.jpghood lifts--pros or cons-0328001500b.jpghood lifts--pros or cons-0328001501.jpg

I also added the radiator extension covers. So I spent about $120 total.

EDIT:
After seeing Rockin' Blues, I realize that these are literally EXACTLY the same as the CDC's, but they aren't painted to match, and they don't have holes drilled in the sides of the hood brackets. Otherwise, exactly the same.
(Except the CDC's cost more than double!)

Mustangs
Like LEGOs for big kids
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

I put these on over the last weekend and I noticed the hood doesnt seem to fit flush with the fenders now. It seems to sit higher than the fender in the middle of the hood. I double checked my measurements they are good. I am using Cobalt hood lifts, so they are not a cheap set. Just wondered if anybody has had this issue?

2009 GT Anniversary Edition--BBK CAI--BBK Throttle body--Magnaflow Magnapack exhaust with X pipe--Eibach Pro lowering kit--SCT tune

GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston951 View Post
Bought a cheap set brand new off ebay for $60. Glad I didn't pay any more than what I did! They do exactly the same as any other hood struts do. And they were straight bolt on, they didn't require any drilling!
Attachment 98637Attachment 98638Attachment 98639Attachment 98640

EDIT:
After seeing Rockin' Blues, I realize that these are literally EXACTLY the same as the CDC's, but they aren't painted to match, and they don't have holes drilled in the sides of the hood brackets. Otherwise, exactly the same.
Awesome Your car looks awesome, as usual.

2005 Performance White GT
Exterior: SHR Honeycomb Panel, Blacked Out Tail Lights, Blacked Out Third Brake Light, 8" shorty antenna, Inner Smoked Turn Signals, Black Stripes, Black GT Rear Decklid Emblem, GT500 Spoiler, CDC Chin Spoiler, Bullitt Grille, Sequentials
Interior: RVinyl Aluminum Dash Kit, Running Pony Emblem on Arm Rest, Torch Red Door Sill Inserts and Accent Bars, Red Dome Lights, Kenwood DDX616 Headunit, Kicker L7 Sub, Kenwood 1000 Watt Amp
BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockin' Blue's
Quote:
Attachment 98637Attachment 98638Attachment 98639Attachment 98640

EDIT:
I painted them to match

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

My Ride : " Buster " 2007 Vista Blue GT
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Blue's View Post
I painted them to match
That's awesome, it looks professional!

Where did you get the paint from?

(Sorry for the off-topic-ness, but this could be useful for someone else who would like to paint their struts! )

Mustangs
Like LEGOs for big kids
BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockin' Blue's
Quote:
That's awesome, it looks professional!

Where did you get the paint from?

(Sorry for the off-topic-ness, but this could be useful for someone else who would like to paint their struts! )
LOL, Walmart, Krylon's Colbalt Blue Metallic its a dead ringer for Vista Blue, I prepped them before I installed them kinda wanted them to match, if you didnt know you would swear it came that way painted, pretty good even if I do say so myself

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

My Ride : " Buster " 2007 Vista Blue GT
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Blue's View Post
LOL, Walmart, Krylon's Colbalt Blue Metallic its a dead ringer for Vista Blue, I prepped them before I installed them kinda wanted them to match, if you didnt know you would swear it came that way painted, pretty good even if I do say so myself
DAMN! I wish it were that easy for my car.

Well anyhow, I suppose if anyone else is looking for an exact paint match, here you go!

Automotivetouchup.com Touch Up Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint and Paint Touch Up Accessories

Mustangs
Like LEGOs for big kids
Apprentice
S197 Member

Installed MRT's on mine. No drilling req'd. Took about 20 min. to install and no more crashing into the prop rod with hood up!
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

I've had the Scott Drake billet ones on the car for two years now. I had the struts painted tungsten. No problems at all and hood sits fine.
Got them off eBay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page