Just test drove a new 2011 GT - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I kind of like the Cushy interior in my 2010.
When I saw the 2010 at the lot the first time I really liked the looks of the front end, but was not crazy about the rear, but it grew on me.
BTW I will be 50 next year

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsspartan77 View Post
man i touched a nerve that i wasn't even trying to lol, maybe i worded my thread wrong but i'm not bashing the new stang, i will have one, what i was getting at is that in my opinion they are going away from the "muscle" feel and just making fast luxury cars now, but in NO WAY am i hatin on the new stang, i'm excited about them coming out cause are gonna own the road hands down
you want old school muscle, grab a car from the sixties...

You want modern day muscle, grab 2010 GT500 or 2011 GT,and slap that ***** with a sweet sounding exhaust , and get ready to blow the doors off those old school cars that you think have muscle..

As for the interior, think that was one of the best things (if not the best thing)they did on the redesign of the car in 2010...everytime i get in my car its like blowing my ........... well you know what I mean...OH YEA DU!!!:smoke:

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
I kind of like the Cushy interior in my 2010.
When I saw the 2010 at the lot the first time I really liked the looks of the front end, but was not crazy about the rear, but it grew on me.
BTW I will be 50 next year
I thought the same (yours in bold above). Still I dare say those '05-'09 rear looks still are better looking. However, I guess in time it grows on me to accept the '10-'11 rear looks bit more.

Just hope that the 50th anniversary model it would be different than the current ones' rear looks do for the sake, know me meant I hope. (white towel flagging)

2008 Mustang v6 Deluxe - Silver

PONY Member

Styling is an opinion.

I've owned two '05's and an '08 and I think the rear end of each is boring as hell. They look unfinished- Like a kid drew them out with crayon- Where the '10+ looks like that same kid grew up to become an architect, designer or engineer.

'05-'09 lovers have their opinions (and I've owned 3 of those) and '10+ owners have theirs. I prefer the current body style front to back, top to bottom, inside and out and ESPECIALLY under the hood
GT Member

My 2010 is growing on me from a styling perspective. I love the '05-09, but if you put them side by side, the new style is nice.

As for the interior, I liked the interior on the '05-09s and I like id on my 2010. However, neither are close to luxury levels or "refined" levels. My F-150 has a more refined interior. But, that is fine, as I bought my Mustang to be a Mustang, not a Lincoln.
PONY Member
S197 Member

I agree with an earlier comment. Ford is trying to have the car fit many needs.

Those that just want factory fast and little to no mods, so people beef up the options and drive it away.

On the other side, ordering a regular GT, cloth seats, and lots of stock ponies,keeps the price down, and money left to spend on a lot of speed mods if thats the persons goal..

I am sure within the next 24 months the after market mods will have this car up near 500 HP without getting into engine internals. Cant wait to see that happen.

All and all I think of the Three new muscle cars out there, the Stang is the best of all . Others cost just as much , if not more and are old and heavy technology.

Just my opinion...to each his own.. enjoy your ride that what counts !

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to Delta ACM
i actually think that the best feature is the interior, i love it, plus the new engine is another great addition, however, the exterior kills it, way too european (i'm from europe), that was the only thing that stopped me from getting one 3-4 months ago when i got mine, after test driving 3 different model, 09gt, 10gt and 08bullitt.
that's just my opinion

2008 Mustang BuLLiTT - \/8 - 5speed manual
3.5” Antenna / SHR quarter back louvers / Eibach Pro Kit / Smoked Tails & Front Bumper Lights / 15% Window Tint.
PONY Member
S197 Member

this is all a matter of opinion, but the 05-09 wins in the looks department. and as far as the performance department right out of the gate the 05-09's weigh less. toss on a SC and now you have the best of both worlds. ford did the "retro" thing in 05-09. things are starting to look too european in 10-11. for me i want my mustang looking like a muscle car. because it is.
it's not a sports car. they will have to make HUGE "stock" changes in the suspension before it could even come close to a sports car. i'm keeping mine.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbymoon2 View Post
The 2011 GT is a 302, (5.0)
I believe it's a 306. Whole different engine, this time around.

IMHO, the old 302 was a nice, durable engine, but at 225hp, not a screamer. The new 5.0, with 4 valves, should be nice and drivable at low engine speeds (where it will not make as much torque) and also pull harder at the top end, than the 05-10 models.

I think it will drive more like the 03-04 cobras, making it a good buy for holding it's value.

I sort of wish Chevy had launched the Camaro in 04. Then we'd be driving these, but at $45K?!?! I believe that's MSRP on an 05-10 Cobra?

$45K/$27.2K is a 65% increase in price, over what I paid for my new GT, in 2006. Therefore, I predict a huge increase in V6 buyers because everyone else can't afford a GT.

Will the new V6 still start at $19.9K? I'm guessing not Just checked, Forvehicles.com says it starts at $22,100, for the V6.

GT is $29,600.

Cobra $48,645.

Looks to be still competitive! I wonder if Hertz will continue to rent the V6?

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Did some checking......
The 2011 V6 Premium will cost $26,695.00 it'g getting up there in Price!

2002 GT Premium Auto Mineral Grey. Pypes Violater Cat Back Exhaust.
2003 V6 Auto Oxford White, all original no Mods
SOLD 2007 V6 Premium Pony
FORD BUILT WITHOUT YOUR TAX DOLLARS
SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason6 View Post
this is all a matter of opinion, but the 05-09 wins in the looks department. and as far as the performance department right out of the gate the 05-09's weigh less. toss on a SC and now you have the best of both worlds. ford did the "retro" thing in 05-09. things are starting to look too european in 10-11. for me i want my mustang looking like a muscle car. because it is.
it's not a sports car. they will have to make HUGE "stock" changes in the suspension before it could even come close to a sports car. i'm keeping mine.
i'm with a 110%, I'm just gonna wait until they do another body style, hopefully before the 50th anniversary. I've seen a few of the comments saying that the new body style has 'grown' on them, which i guess i'm just biased to the s197, but everytime i see a 2010 or 2011, i feel worse about the body style

2008 Bullitt #3937
2003 Cobra
GT Member

Why, would anyone buy something that has to "grow" on them, either you like something or not. Does someone really thing its going to change over time ? There are a "lot" of Mustang's that look like "s*it" from the factory. Just wait and Ford will change it.........................
PONY Member
S197 Member

Good point, you should like what your buying when you buy it.

Or, like me, I really like my 08 GT and the 197 style as a first choice, here’s the but,

I don’t dislike the 2011 body style enough to pass up considering the engine and 6 speed getrag trans changes and the newer suspension .

From an out of the factory point of view, the newer car does “ feel like to me “ that it drives and handle much better.

Again, that’s me… I do think the 2005-2009 GT’s are still very special cars to the Stang Generations…

I must admit, I am still on the fence about giving mine up..it is a sweet looking 2008 GT

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005 white s197 View Post
Why, would anyone buy something that has to "grow" on them, either you like something or not. Does someone really thing its going to change over time ? There are a "lot" of Mustang's that look like "s*it" from the factory. Just wait and Ford will change it.........................
thats where i'm coming from, i'm in love with my car and would have a real hard time trading it in for something that has to "grow" on me, whether it be a mustang or not. and the 05-09 are an extremely special car in the mustang lifeline, may hold on to mine for the rest of my life

2008 Bullitt #3937
2003 Cobra
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I hadn't for a minute ever thought that this car was too comfy. If i dropped 28k on something i expect it to be at least livable. Plus the interior was one of the bigest gripes that the cars got from almost every review. So ford did what their feed back sugested. Looks are every ones opinion, as for me when i first saw the s197 I told my self i would get one. When the 2010 came out with the new flares that was it. Now just like every one else i didnt like the rear that much either but its not like it was a deal breaker, and it really does grow on you when you gotta see it every day. Just for the record I know that the 2011 makes almost 100 more hourse and so does the camero. and yet et's are not that big a differance that you'd feel it driving around every day. In short unless I total this thing I hope they bury me in it!

97 GT. RIP (thrown rod). Now back from the dead

2010 GT black on black security package accent trim. Delivered 26 APRIL 10
C&L cold air w/tune, BBK shoties, flow master axel back, STEEDA UDPs, Ford Racing 3.73s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page