Anyone have the smoked taillight covers for their 05-09? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Anyone have the smoked taillight covers for their 05-09?

Hey everybody, I already ordered a set of smoked taillight covers from AmericanMuscle Smoked Taillight Covers, and I had a few questions about them.

First, I have heard that these block a lot of light, would I need to get brighter bulbs :?: And if so, where should I get these bulbs :?: Pics of your cars with the covers on and stock taillights on would be great

Also, I currently have the black taillight trim, do I need to take this off, or would the taillight covers just go around it :?:

Thanks!

2005 Performance White GT
Exterior: SHR Honeycomb Panel, Blacked Out Tail Lights, Blacked Out Third Brake Light, 8" shorty antenna, Inner Smoked Turn Signals, Black Stripes, Black GT Rear Decklid Emblem, GT500 Spoiler, CDC Chin Spoiler, Bullitt Grille, Sequentials
Interior: RVinyl Aluminum Dash Kit, Running Pony Emblem on Arm Rest, Torch Red Door Sill Inserts and Accent Bars, Red Dome Lights, Kenwood DDX616 Headunit, Kicker L7 Sub, Kenwood 1000 Watt Amp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I don't have these covers but my friend does at day and night there is plenty of light.(maybe tomorrow I will get pictures of his covers if I see him) I'm not sure if you'll have to remove the taillight trim.

2008 Vapor Silver Mustang GT

JLTSCTSLPBMRMagnaflowEibach
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010
Rookie

Yes it does block A lot of lights.
Just take it off when youre driving in freeway or to some narrow roads w/ high speed limit.
Its only good to drive in the city where there are lots of light post.

but On daylight it kicks ass dude!

I'll upload mine when i get home.

Hi, New here

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivragni View Post
Yes it does block A lot of lights.
Just take it off when youre driving in freeway or to some narrow roads w/ high speed limit.
Its only good to drive in the city where there are lots of light post.

but On daylight it kicks ass dude!

I'll upload mine when i get home.
It is removable :?: I thought it stays on with 3m tape though, or should I not use the 3m tape at all:?: And I would love to see those pics

2005 Performance White GT
Exterior: SHR Honeycomb Panel, Blacked Out Tail Lights, Blacked Out Third Brake Light, 8" shorty antenna, Inner Smoked Turn Signals, Black Stripes, Black GT Rear Decklid Emblem, GT500 Spoiler, CDC Chin Spoiler, Bullitt Grille, Sequentials
Interior: RVinyl Aluminum Dash Kit, Running Pony Emblem on Arm Rest, Torch Red Door Sill Inserts and Accent Bars, Red Dome Lights, Kenwood DDX616 Headunit, Kicker L7 Sub, Kenwood 1000 Watt Amp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page