2010 shaker hood scoop - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

2010 shaker hood scoop

just wanted to hear any ones thoughts on this kit. It says there's no need to flash the computer so performance wise I cant imagine it would do much. Already running a c&l cai. Thinking about just ordering a fake scoop. But the darn thing is just so cool. FYI im also not planning on running forced induction. If i did the shaker would have to go right?

97 GT. RIP (thrown rod). Now back from the dead

2010 GT black on black security package accent trim. Delivered 26 APRIL 10
C&L cold air w/tune, BBK shoties, flow master axel back, STEEDA UDPs, Ford Racing 3.73s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010
PONY Member

The shaker unit was designed to work with a factory airbox not an after market so some fabrication would be needed to make it functional. The argument of how much benefit a real hood scoop gives you, in which case its very little to none, hence the no need to reflash. If you want to spend the 700-800(i forget the cost) of it vs the cost of a 150~200 fake hood scoop then go for it! If it wasn't for my budget at the time i would have gone with it over my roushscoop.

07 Mustang GT Metallic Alloy.
FRPP CAI. SLP Loudmouths.
Roush Front Bumper w/ chin spoiler, Roush Hood scoop, Scott Drake Hood pins, Roush 1/4 window louvers, Billet fuel door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page