How "rare" is my 2007 Mustang GT Convertible? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Yep. I don't want to burst your bubble, but unless if is a product such as a shelby or Saleen, nothing is really rare anymore. In fact, even the Shelby's aren't that rare. I looked at several. The first GT500, the salesperson said how rare it was. I found 5 more Kona blue GT500s in MY IMMEDIATE AREA the same day. That is not rare.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IansBAJ View Post
It looks kind of medium rare with that red in the middle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCWildhorse View Post
Good thing he doesn't have a green Mustang.
Green outside with a red interior? Then we'd have to call his car The Watermelon.

2013 Boss 302 gotta-have-it green
2008 Shelby GT500 torch red with black stripes + sequentials
2001 Cobra mineral grey with 2003 Mach 1 shaker hood
1996 Cobra color-shifting mystic paint + sequentials
GT Member

Out of 1000,000 plus in 2005 I have 1 of 188, not bad for "falling" into it. Why mine is 1 of 188......... GT,Performance White, Gray int. with 5 sp. Maybe before I "kick" it I'll maybe get 50% back. LOL !!

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Paul View Post
Green outside with a red interior? Then we'd have to call his car The Watermelon.
I was thinking of Green Eggs and Ham, but watermelon works too :p

2005 Mustang V6 Convertible

Additions:
A little "GO" and a little "SHOW"

Life sucks when you drive a Chevy...
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

how rare? Well black gt vert with a red interior and an auto was probably down between 400-900 units. sadly we don't have a real breakdown of transmission, body style, and interior/exterior color combo so we'll just have to guess. Considering thats nation wide your dealer was not lying when he said you were lucky to find it in your area. But is it collectible rare? No. While it might not be the most common combo there are quite a few other odd duck combos with similar production numbers.

SHO
GT500 Front End Swap, Monster H1 Deep Draw Hood, Web Electric Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Coyote Tail Lights, 2010 Interior Door Panals, 2012 Sun Visors w/ Illuminated Mirrors and Homelink
GO
Coming Soon!
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
These GTs I doubt will have any collectivity in the future to come, despite whatever options were requested. Theres just too many specialty Mustangs which will hurt the value. There are GT500s, Sheby GTs, Hertz, Saleen, Roush, and a ton of others which will all drive the price of our GTs down.
Yeah, but did anybody really think thier plane old Mustang GT was going to be worth big bucks some day anyway?

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
GT Member

Still anything in the 10-20,000 per year range will be pretty rare 10 years down the road. You'll be the only '07 GT black vert on your block.

All sports and muscle cars will always have value, I've never had a problem selling any of my old ones for decent money.

Now: 2016 Mustang GT Fastback-Magnetic Metallic, Ford Racing Touring axle-backs, Ford Racing front strut and k-brace, K&N CAI, sound tube delete, 1975 Corvette Coupe-L48, 4-speed

Past Lives: 2001 Corvette Z51 Coupe, 2012 Mustang Grabber Blue Coupe, 2008 Mustang Torch Red Vert, 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, 1985 Nissan 300ZX, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 1972 Fiat 124 Vert, 1971 Chevelle, 1970 Challenger
PONY Member
S197 Member

i'm pretty sure the only thing that would make your car rare now and in 50 years from now is if you have zero miles on it. it has the same engine as any 05-09 GT. as far as the auto vs manual , everyone wants a manual in an old muscle car. or at least every time i've see some 60's-70's mustang/chevelle/nova/whatever with a 4 speed it cost a lot more than an auto.
as far as the interior goes....as long as it is in awesome shape it really doesn't matter what color it is. people don't buy a classic muscle car because of it's fabulous custom looking color interior. they buy it because it's fast as hell. having a nice interior is nothing more than icing on the cake.

in a nut shell you car is not rare.

unless you have zero miles on you car and you keep it indoors for 50 years, it is not rare.

i would just drive/enjoy your car and take care of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page