DIY Throttle Response Mod - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

DIY Throttle Response Mod

Hey everyone, I was looking around on another mustang forum, mustanforums.com, and I saw this old thread from 2007 about a DIY Throttle Response mod. DIY Throttle Response. Basically, what he did was take the wire brushes inside the pedal assembly and bend them to remove the deadspace that our stangs have. I'm curious to know, has anyone tried this :?: It could be a very important performance mod and could really improve acceleration.

2005 Performance White GT
Exterior: SHR Honeycomb Panel, Blacked Out Tail Lights, Blacked Out Third Brake Light, 8" shorty antenna, Inner Smoked Turn Signals, Black Stripes, Black GT Rear Decklid Emblem, GT500 Spoiler, CDC Chin Spoiler, Bullitt Grille, Sequentials
Interior: RVinyl Aluminum Dash Kit, Running Pony Emblem on Arm Rest, Torch Red Door Sill Inserts and Accent Bars, Red Dome Lights, Kenwood DDX616 Headunit, Kicker L7 Sub, Kenwood 1000 Watt Amp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

This has been discussed alot, its not really a performance mod, just a repair, and wont probably change your acceleration.

Some people just think there is a dead spot at the tip in of the pedal. A milimeter or two that doesnt seem to rev the engine untill you go past that point on the pedal. It really just takes a little to get used to then you dont really notice anymore.
But to some others it can be very unusual.

There are also some simpler ways to accomplish the same thing. Such as putting a little spacer on the pedal shaft to take that little bit of slack up. Some just put a couple small peices of double sided 3m tape down there.

There was also info somwhere I think that the 2010 pedal is an upgraded unit that doesnt have the same problems and is a direct swap out for the 05-09's.

'05 GT
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010
PONY Member

idk, sounds nice, but im chicken sh*t when comes to messing with the gas pedal, don't feel like random testing of my 0-100 speed in rush hour traffic, BUT if it really works, i'll have to try it

2008 Bullitt #3937
2003 Cobra

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

sounds like i could do it but i could also break it no thanks ill just mash the pedal

2005 Mustang GT Auto: Mineral Grey with Black stripes, Steeda UDPs, Flowmaster American thunder Axle backs, Bassani catted X-pipe , JLT CAI, Ford racing 4.10 gears, Cervini here and there.

The most powerful car in the parking lot.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010
GT Member
S197 Member

I really noticed it while my car was stock. Seems to have disappeared since a tune was installed.

Frank

2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Brembos, Auto, GT500 Axlebacks.

SOLD! 2008 GT Premium, Vapor Metallic, 5-speed stick w/MGW, Ford Racing M6066 Whipple S/C, 3.31 gear, GTA's. GT500 front end, spoiler, suspension and wheels. Sequentials and one touch. - can't wipe the smile off my face.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Don't touch that thing Gaurav.

Mustangs
Like LEGOs for big kids
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckbubbles View Post
I really noticed it while my car was stock. Seems to have disappeared since a tune was installed.

Frank
Some say the dead space in the pedal, isnt even in the pedal, Its in the tune. And Im using the tape mod now and the dead space still seems about the same. Like some lag on take off unless i push the pedal a little more. But after a while its really a non issue, doesnt even bother me.

'05 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page