Please talk me in, or out of MAC's for this weekend install!! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
MACs are the kings of drone!
Exactly! I only had mines on for 1 day before they came off and the slp's went back on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I have always wanted MAC's and finally got them. I took Magnapacks off for the Mac's. I LOVE MY MAC's. My 4 yr old son loves hearing the car also. Drone decreased at cruising speed with 4:10's.

Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Two follow up questions...

To the MAC users - how many miles was their break-in period (if you managed to keep them installed long enough) ?

To the SLP users - most mention Loudmouths; any SLP Power-Flo(s) out there ? Any thoughts/opinions on the Power-Flo(s) ?

Thanks!

2008 GT ~ candyass red ~ JLT intake ~ SuttonHP tune ~ SLP PwrFlws ~ FRPP 3.73s...more to come / stay tuned.

Apprentice

After the break in period mine got louder which thank God because I thought I spent too much money having them sound no better to me than my magnapacks. I would say it only took about a week. Although I only ran them a week before taking them off and having them ceramic coated black since polished stainless looked kinda goofy on my car
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonztang View Post
I am ordering a set of Boom Tubes instead. I hope those don't drone as bad!
Good choice on getting the Boom Tubes! I love mine. If you plan on getting long tube headers just know you will have to then push your car a few blocks away before you start it.

2008 Grabber Orange GT premium, 5 speed manual, 3.31s
C&L Racer CAI, Kooks LT headers and catted H pipe, MAC Boom Tubes, Diablosport Predator Tuner with AM/Bama Tunes

Heroes Live Forever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page