New radio for my 2006 Mustang gt - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

New radio for my 2006 Mustang gt

Hey gang,

im looking for a new radio for my 06 gt. I dont want to buy that ipod attachement thingy i have to rip the car apart for, i want a new unit with the ipod capabilty, and that sounds better than quality of the sound the shaker one is giving me. Though the sound may be crappy due to the speaker system, thats another story for another time. For now does anyone have some links for some inexpensive solutions?

Thanks fellow mustang riders!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to McComb05GT
well the ones i think are the best are not really inexpensive. you can go to Crutchfield: LCD TV, Car Stereo, Home Theater, Speakers, Digital Cameras and go through theres. I've shopped through them before so they're good.

2005 Mustang GT
5 Speed Manual - Shaker Hood - Side Window Louvers - SLP Loudmouth Exhaust - JLT CAI W/Tune - Rear Panel Blackout - Black GT Emblems - Tinted Windows - 14" Antenna
Silver Mustang Registry #1135
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

If you are just looking for iPod compatability, you could just go with a FM Transmitter. That's what I did, and it sounds great

2005 Performance White GT
Exterior: SHR Honeycomb Panel, Blacked Out Tail Lights, Blacked Out Third Brake Light, 8" shorty antenna, Inner Smoked Turn Signals, Black Stripes, Black GT Rear Decklid Emblem, GT500 Spoiler, CDC Chin Spoiler, Bullitt Grille, Sequentials
Interior: RVinyl Aluminum Dash Kit, Running Pony Emblem on Arm Rest, Torch Red Door Sill Inserts and Accent Bars, Red Dome Lights, Kenwood DDX616 Headunit, Kicker L7 Sub, Kenwood 1000 Watt Amp

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010
PONY Member

I ditched my Shaker for a Pioneer Nav with bluetooth. Also has USB and ipod connection though I never use it because of the SD drive. I have over 1800 songs stored. Made a huge difference with the factory speakers and subs as well. Much better control of the frequencies to fine tune to your taste.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pioneer1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	100644   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pioneer2.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	100645   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pioneer3.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	100646   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pioneer4.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	100647  

07 GT vert, Satin Silver, 5spd, premium trim, interior upgrade pkg, comfort group, GT appearance package, cloth top

ADDED: 302 Stroker, KB 2.8 Mammoth @ 20psi, DOB belt drive, E85 fed, TR6060, ATI, Cervini hood, Meziere, Pypes Long Tubes, O/R X pipe, FRPP GTA mufflers, 20" Bullitts, Eibach Springs, BMR relo brackets/UCA/LCA`s, FRPP 4.10, etc, etc.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McComb05GT View Post
well the ones i think are the best are not really inexpensive. you can go to Crutchfield: LCD TV, Car Stereo, Home Theater, Speakers, Digital Cameras and go through theres. I've shopped through them before so they're good.
I agree. I have bought several systems through Crutchfield. Their customer service is excellent. Their systems come with everything from the surround (if required) to the prewired pigtail to adapt your new system to the stock wiring harness.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGTvert View Post
I ditched my Shaker for a Pioneer Nav with bluetooth. Also has USB and ipod connection though I never use it because of the SD drive. I have over 1800 songs stored. Made a huge difference with the factory speakers and subs as well. Much better control of the frequencies to fine tune to your taste.
Do you guys know if the factory bluetooth mic and controls work even after you go aftermarket with a unit such as the one that SilverGTvert has? Do they play dvd as well, or do they have restrictions for not playing movies while driving?

2009 Torch Red Mustang GT - Torch Red Mirror Covers - Stack Racing Sequential Taillights - Black on Chrome Power Outlet GT Plug - D3 Welt Door Trim -JLT II CAI SCT 91 Oct. Performance Tune - Bassani Race Axle-Backs - More to Come...:kooky:
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010
PONY Member

Pioneer makes a great double din radio that has iPod control and bluetooth built in.

Pioneer FH-P8000BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

That's the one I'm looking at for my stang, but it will take a while before I can afford it, I just bought a radio for my Bronco from Crutchfield, now it's time to start saving up again...

My Stable:
2006 Ford Mustang V6 Pony Package (Sally)
2009 Mercury Milan
1992 Mustang GT (auto)
1986 Ford Bronco XLT (Papa)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtothep123 View Post
If you are just looking for iPod compatability, you could just go with a FM Transmitter. That's what I did, and it sounds great
I don't know how bad Arizona is, but I imagine New York(where the guy asking the question is from) is just as bad as Southern California where there is no way to find a clear free station for more than 2 minutes. I hate not being able to use my iPod in my cars and I don't want to have to carry a pack of cds in my car anymore.

My Stable:
2006 Ford Mustang V6 Pony Package (Sally)
2009 Mercury Milan
1992 Mustang GT (auto)
1986 Ford Bronco XLT (Papa)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page