Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2005-2010 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/)
-   -   V6 Mustang. Need your opinion guys (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/239106-v6-mustang-need-your-opinion-guys.html)

Mustang_X 06-02-2010 09:30 PM

V6 Mustang. Need your opinion guys

Hello everyone,
My brother is going to give me his 2008 V6 mustang, but I dont like it the way it is (stock). I think it needs a better sound system, new front chin spoiler, bigger rims and tires. As for performance I want to boost it to 350HP, so I think I need a supercharger and some other tweaks which I have no idea about. So I am wondering wouldn't be cheaper to sell it and put the money I have for those modifications in order to buy a 2008 mustang GT? Let me know what you think is the better option, and if anyone has an estimate of what it would cost to modify the things I listed in the V6 it would be great :)

Thanks alot

lildevil 06-02-2010 10:18 PM

hi there you can do alot to beef this car up an make it look nice but it will never look are sound as bad as a gt. personally if you want to build a 350 horse stang id sale that car an take the money an bye you a older fox body with the 5.0 in it an build it then u will have a bad ass car

DennisG 06-02-2010 11:06 PM

Just be happy you are getting a nice car for "NOTHING". If i were your brother, i would keep the car. Why do you want to butcher it or sell it? Be happy you might get it.

xroguex 06-02-2010 11:49 PM

dont listen to the "trade it in guy" just buy a supercharger and you will be in the 300s. also new rear gears, tlok and exhaust.

Givantsbluebaby 06-03-2010 01:34 AM

i sense someone is not really grateful haha..

Mustang_X 06-03-2010 02:05 AM

@lildevil: seems like a lot of work and I am lazy.

@DennisG: Not for nothing! I had to be his brother for a lot of years and thats not easy.

@xroguex: A reasonable suggestion. I am thinking that the supercharger would cost around $3500 and the t-lok around $800 and gears around $200. That is a total of
$4500 without any modifications to the sound system or the exterior. Wouldn't it be better to sell the V6(has 20,000 miles on it) for 12000 or 13000(is this a reasonable price to sell?) and put the 4500 and get a GT?

@Givantsbluebaby: What can i say, iam ambitious :)

lil blue 06-03-2010 08:16 AM

I would change wheels/tires, add dual exhaust, get cai and tune, stereo. I wouldn't waste money on supercharger. Like lil devil said it will never sound like a gt. But you would have a very nice ride (for free) with about $1500-$2000 into it. Now That being said, I could never change my gt for v6. Not because v6 isn't cool it (it is still a mustang), but that gt sound!!!! After I had to get rid of my 07 gt I spent the next 2 years trying to get over it. The first time I started my 06 gt and heard that engine/exhaust..2 months later I'm still smiling!!! Talk to your brother and feel him out. but if he seems offended, take the gift and make it yours.

SJPONY 06-03-2010 09:57 AM

If you want it to live, sell it and get a '05-09 GT. Simple mods can get you to 350 and it is still reliable. I wouldn't want to push the V-6 that far.

Nimizt 06-03-2010 10:07 AM

I bough all my mods from AM, and i can beat almost any modded gt (w/o a blower) on the tracks. I paid about 4k for everything. S/C 3.73 gear and t-loc, duel exhaust kit(not from AM) and some other little mods. I think it was a good investment, and i love the power. Also i have been told from numerous amount of people that my exhuast sounds about 10x's better then a GT. Most people think i have a GT, because of the duels. Im a V6 and a V8 killer!!! :smirk

#1fordlover 06-03-2010 11:29 AM

Have you mentioned the thought of possibly selling the Car to your Brother and getting another? mabey he wont be too Happy with your Decision. I know if I gave you a Mustang and you sold it I'd be pissed and would feel Very Unappreciative.
But if he's all for it then I'd get a GT, if not I'd be Happy with My Newly Acquired Gift and Mod it, if it Blows then you did'nt lose too much, if it does'nt than you got a Nice Car Cheap:bigthumbsup

Propaganda13 06-03-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1fordlover (Post 2090771)
Have you mentioned the thought of possibly selling the Car to your Brother and getting another? mabey he wont be too Happy with your Decision. I know if I gave you a Mustang and you sold it I'd be pissed and would feel Very Unappreciative.
But if he's all for it then I'd get a GT, if not I'd be Happy with My Newly Acquired Gift and Mod it, if it Blows then you did'nt lose too much, if it does'nt than you got a Nice Car Cheap:bigthumbsup

Yeah, talk to your brother. Get his input. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Bad blood gets started this way. He's giving you a perfectly good low mileage car which a lot of people would be very happy to have. He could have easily sold it himself and kept the money.