V6 Mustang. Need your opinion guys - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

V6 Mustang. Need your opinion guys

Hello everyone,
My brother is going to give me his 2008 V6 mustang, but I dont like it the way it is (stock). I think it needs a better sound system, new front chin spoiler, bigger rims and tires. As for performance I want to boost it to 350HP, so I think I need a supercharger and some other tweaks which I have no idea about. So I am wondering wouldn't be cheaper to sell it and put the money I have for those modifications in order to buy a 2008 mustang GT? Let me know what you think is the better option, and if anyone has an estimate of what it would cost to modify the things I listed in the V6 it would be great

Thanks alot

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010
Rookie

hi there you can do alot to beef this car up an make it look nice but it will never look are sound as bad as a gt. personally if you want to build a 350 horse stang id sale that car an take the money an bye you a older fox body with the 5.0 in it an build it then u will have a bad ass car

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Just be happy you are getting a nice car for "NOTHING". If i were your brother, i would keep the car. Why do you want to butcher it or sell it? Be happy you might get it.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

dont listen to the "trade it in guy" just buy a supercharger and you will be in the 300s. also new rear gears, tlok and exhaust.

2007 Suzuki SV650s
2007 GT manual - FRPP hot rod cams, Steeda CMDP, BMR upper and lower control arms, BMR upper control arm mount, Sway bar relocation, SLP Line Lock, Kooks long tubes, catted X pipe,SLP Loudmouths, JLT CAI, SCT tuner, FRPP 4.10 gears, Steeda tri-ax shifter, Nitto 555/r 255/45/18 305/40/18

1/4 ET: 13.33 --- 1/4 MPH: 109.06
race weight: 3606lbs --- 332 HP - 306 TQ
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

i sense someone is not really grateful haha..

i.imgur.com/hlhwCJZ.jpg
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

@lildevil: seems like a lot of work and I am lazy.

@DennisG: Not for nothing! I had to be his brother for a lot of years and thats not easy.

@xroguex: A reasonable suggestion. I am thinking that the supercharger would cost around $3500 and the t-lok around $800 and gears around $200. That is a total of
$4500 without any modifications to the sound system or the exterior. Wouldn't it be better to sell the V6(has 20,000 miles on it) for 12000 or 13000(is this a reasonable price to sell?) and put the 4500 and get a GT?

@Givantsbluebaby: What can i say, iam ambitious
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010
Apprentice

I would change wheels/tires, add dual exhaust, get cai and tune, stereo. I wouldn't waste money on supercharger. Like lil devil said it will never sound like a gt. But you would have a very nice ride (for free) with about $1500-$2000 into it. Now That being said, I could never change my gt for v6. Not because v6 isn't cool it (it is still a mustang), but that gt sound!!!! After I had to get rid of my 07 gt I spent the next 2 years trying to get over it. The first time I started my 06 gt and heard that engine/exhaust..2 months later I'm still smiling!!! Talk to your brother and feel him out. but if he seems offended, take the gift and make it yours.

06 GT vert, Windveil Blue, Auto, Bassani ss race axlebacks, 17" stock wheels, K&N filter, Mobil 1.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010
GT Member

If you want it to live, sell it and get a '05-09 GT. Simple mods can get you to 350 and it is still reliable. I wouldn't want to push the V-6 that far.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I bough all my mods from AM, and i can beat almost any modded gt (w/o a blower) on the tracks. I paid about 4k for everything. S/C 3.73 gear and t-loc, duel exhaust kit(not from AM) and some other little mods. I think it was a good investment, and i love the power. Also i have been told from numerous amount of people that my exhuast sounds about 10x's better then a GT. Most people think i have a GT, because of the duels. Im a V6 and a V8 killer!!!

All BLK 08 Stang V-6 :laughlitt
In the works of turning my LiL pony, into a stallion
Vortech SC, 3.73 gear, t-lok, true duel 4" pypes and exhaust,halo front head lights, short antenna, smoked rear lights and 500 shakers
I eat V-8's for a snack.
:blowingup:

"USN"
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Have you mentioned the thought of possibly selling the Car to your Brother and getting another? mabey he wont be too Happy with your Decision. I know if I gave you a Mustang and you sold it I'd be pissed and would feel Very Unappreciative.
But if he's all for it then I'd get a GT, if not I'd be Happy with My Newly Acquired Gift and Mod it, if it Blows then you did'nt lose too much, if it does'nt than you got a Nice Car Cheap

2002 GT Premium Auto Mineral Grey. Pypes Violater Cat Back Exhaust.
2003 V6 Auto Oxford White, all original no Mods
SOLD 2007 V6 Premium Pony
FORD BUILT WITHOUT YOUR TAX DOLLARS
SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1fordlover View Post
Have you mentioned the thought of possibly selling the Car to your Brother and getting another? mabey he wont be too Happy with your Decision. I know if I gave you a Mustang and you sold it I'd be pissed and would feel Very Unappreciative.
But if he's all for it then I'd get a GT, if not I'd be Happy with My Newly Acquired Gift and Mod it, if it Blows then you did'nt lose too much, if it does'nt than you got a Nice Car Cheap

Yeah, talk to your brother. Get his input. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Bad blood gets started this way. He's giving you a perfectly good low mileage car which a lot of people would be very happy to have. He could have easily sold it himself and kept the money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page