pypes off road x pipe - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

pypes off road x pipe

okay so my friend has a 2007 gt with flowmaster american outlaws exhaust. he just recently put a pypes off road x pipe on there and it is the loudest car ive heard outside of nascar. we went for a drive and i couldn't hear my exhaust at all. and mine is pretty darn loud. I want one so damn bad but i heard it sounds horrible with slp loudmouths

2010 Performance White Mustang GT
FRRP Hot Rod Cams, CAI+Tune, longtube headers, Steeda intake delete plugs, Spec stage 2 clutch and flywheel, SLP LM, 3.73 gears, hurst short throw, steeda LCA, Steeda sport springs, gt500 struts, Powerslot rotors, and a bunch of appearance mods
324rwhp 308tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Any o/r pipe with SLPs will be extremely loud. Won't sound particularly bad though.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

As stl said it won't sound bad it will just be really really loud. You can always cut you cats out but personally I would stay with the catted setup your just asking for a ticket if you go offroad x. Anyways the high flow catted x pipe and slp combo is already asking for a ticket. Someone I know got a sound level ticket for mine and yours same setup. You have to remember California cares about crap like this cause they want money.

2008 Vapor Silver Mustang GT

JLTSCTSLPBMRMagnaflowEibach

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Or you could still go o/r and just add a set of race cans in the overaxle pipes.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

thanks guys, i got a couple more questions. my friend says it suppossed to give you 20 hp with an off road x pipe. is that true? also i had my x pipe welded on at a shop so in order to get an off road on, (still deciding) would they do the job? i mean it is not street legal after that

FRRP Hot Rod Cams, CAI+Tune, longtube headers, Steeda intake delete plugs, Spec stage 2 clutch and flywheel, SLP LM, 3.73 gears, hurst short throw, steeda LCA, Steeda sport springs, gt500 struts, Powerslot rotors, and a bunch of appearance mods
324rwhp 308tq
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSBlackJack View Post
thanks guys, i got a couple more questions. my friend says it suppossed to give you 20 hp with an off road x pipe. is that true? also i had my x pipe welded on at a shop so in order to get an off road on, (still deciding) would they do the job? i mean it is not street legal after that
The offroad x pipe will actually cause more of a loss in the low end. You will not gain 20hp from it either. You could try and have an exhaust shop cut your cats out and weld in pipes or you could take a crow bar or any sort of bar and just smash the cats out. Some exhaust shops may not do it since it's illegal. Right now if your running the high flow catted magnaflow x pipe it's illegal too.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGT View Post
or you could take a crow bar or any sort of bar and just smash the cats out. too.
lmfao greatest idea everrr. lol

really loss in the lower end? thats sort of shocking. i mean doesn't it open up the exhaust more?

324rwhp 308tq
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
lmfao greatest idea everrr. lol

really loss in the lower end? thats sort of shocking. i mean doesn't it open up the exhaust more?
Yup x pipes usually lose low end torque and you will see a difference with more power in the higher rpms. Also you have to remember removing the cats will also set off the cel unless you have a tune that shuts off the rear o2s.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
5 rwhp tops....

1965 Mustang Coupe
Apprentice
S197 Member

installed my off road x pipes and had after market flow masters and was to loud... so i put on the orginal exh and love the sound not too loud but can hear it so if u have off road x pipes just for shits and giggles put the orginal exh on and see what u think? besides it's clamp on so does not take that long
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

ok well i get the free tunes for life thing from american muscle so that shouldn't be an issue. damn this is so tempting. if I do buy it, i would buy a C&L intake too

324rwhp 308tq
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
ok well i get the free tunes for life thing from american muscle so that shouldn't be an issue. damn this is so tempting. if I do buy it, i would buy a C&L intake too
Which route are planning on going with a new midpipe or cutting the cats of your existing midpipe. Tomorrow I think I am going to change my x pipe out with my prochamber. Just to play around with the sound.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGT View Post
Which route are planning on going with a new midpipe or cutting the cats of your existing midpipe. Tomorrow I think I am going to change my x pipe out with my prochamber. Just to play around with the sound.
probably changing out the mid pipe all together

324rwhp 308tq
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

What you should do is go with the offroad midpipe and add some slp lm2s before the axle it sounds awesome.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page