purchasing a 2010 GT - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

off topic, but just wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by matches3red View Post
thanks guys i took out the 4.6 today out on the unrestricted part of the autobahn..and wow did i get up and go!!
it was soo awesome, im almost sold on it
but that 5.0 keeps knockin in my head
ill figure something out
Just how fast were you able to go on the autobahn?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

First and formost I agree with the guy who said buy what you are willing to pay! I love my 5.0 and while unlimited power is great you may not have an unlimited bank account so I would tell you to take the best deal on a smaller 4.8 V8. The joy and the fun the sound is great and the 2010 has excellent handling I know cause i drove an 09 and and 10 and knew and felt the difference! Oh the 5.0 is awesome and I have a double income no kids income so I bought the 11.... :kooky: I have 300 miles on it and plan to go camero huntin soon... safely though!

2011 5.0 Mustang Premium Convertible Sterling Grey, 6 spd Manual, Comfort package, Hood Scoop and rear Pedestal Spoiler, GT500 mufflers, GT500 mud flaps, mini antenna, red caliper covers, Boss shift ball and boot, LED trunk lights, Locking GAS Fuel Plug CAP. Ordered 3/30/2010, build date 5/3/2010. delivered 6/16/2010 car still running in perfect condition.
. :kooky:
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSTANG2011GTTG View Post
First and formost I agree with the guy who said buy what you are willing to pay! I love my 5.0 and while unlimited power is great you may not have an unlimited bank account so I would tell you to take the best deal on a smaller 4.8 V8. The joy and the fun the sound is great and the 2010 has excellent handling I know cause i drove an 09 and and 10 and knew and felt the difference! Oh the 5.0 is awesome and I have a double income no kids income so I bought the 11.... :kooky: I have 300 miles on it and plan to go camero huntin soon... safely though!
I think you mean 4.6 V8. Why not just get the sixer though? It has the same hp with better mileage. Yes it doesn't have as much tq, but it is lighter. Plus you can't go wrong with getting 5mpg better then the 2010 GT.

2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
2005 GT Premium- Sold
1990 GT Hatch- Sold
1989 GT Vert - Sold

Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

yeah financing is a ***** in that sense. i was 19 when i bought my 06 gt. not to mention insurance is gonna have a field day on your ass due to your age, ik they do on me. i say go with the 4.6gt for now its a reliable platform and proven itself the 5.0 hasn't been on the streets and im sure there will be bugs to work out, like all new engines/cars. you also might look at a 03/04 cobra they're around the smae price as the 4.6gt you looked at but with forged internals and much potential in stock form. hell a 3.4L whipple upgrade will net you 600+ rwhp on the stock bottom end .

rides:
2006 mustang gt: headers, catback, short throw shifter, custom made grill - 8.723 @ 80..33mph
2003 e250 ambulance
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by matches3red View Post
So i went in to the Ford dealer here on Ramstein Airbase in Germany, where im stationed.
Now i built my own 11 Gt with some decent options, it came out to 34k.
Im only 20, so she said that might be over what they would finance me for even with my 6k down
so i started pricing 2010 GT's theres one on the lot for 29k, its silver, 3.31, basic
now the seats, wheels and other options dont matter, as im going to aftermarket most of the car.
but the 5.0? im at a crossroads, the 4.6L GT on the lot has a 5500 rebate on top of my 6000 down dropping to to around 18k
more in mr price rance, and the 4.6L still sounds beastly..and i wouldnt opt for a 3.7 2011 mustang
im not sure what to do
any help mustang lovers?
You will love the 2010. I got out of a 08' GT into a 2010,(just recently), and what an upgrade. Don't get me wrong, I liked the 08' , but this car is a big improvement. I saved $5500 off invoice, and I think the 2011 will have some bugs in the beginning. I think you would really like a 2010. You can buy a lot of extra HP with the $5500 savings. Good Luck.
GT Member

Yeah, but there is something to be said for having that extra HP right out of the box with warranty and all.

Not sure what I would do. My 2010 was purchased in October when there was no 5.0. I knew it was coming and so did my dealer, thats why I saved 20% off the MSRP. HUGE savings IMO. I'm not sure I would have wanted to pay the 35 grand a well equipped 5.0 will run you now. but 28K, I can swing that.

Still, I love the car and it still hauls arse. I went from a 99 GT vert to the 2010. HUGE step up in power and quality. Mostly quality IMO.

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapoor8 View Post
You will love the 2010. I got out of a 08' GT into a 2010,(just recently), and what an upgrade. Don't get me wrong, I liked the 08' , but this car is a big improvement. I saved $5500 off invoice, and I think the 2011 will have some bugs in the beginning. I think you would really like a 2010. You can buy a lot of extra HP with the $5500 savings. Good Luck.
What dealership? I have been looking at a couple of 2010s near me, but best they will do is invoice less holdback, less rebates - I've been waiting for a discount like yours!
GT Member

phanattic,

I got mine for over $7K off of MSRP back in February. You just have to know the right place to go. Good luck in your search.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to RetroGT2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqidd View Post
I just got a 2010 GT Vert opposed to a 2011 because the rebates/incentives were enough to get a blower, wheels/tires and suspends the car for less than the 2011 would have cost me. And there is no way someone is going to convince anyone that the new 5.0 is better to have than a blown 4.6 for the same amount of money.

Any pictures of this 2010 modded out already?

As for 2010 vs 2011, i honestly would pick up the 2010 take those rebates, buy internals, boost it and if i had money do suspension.. Way better of an idea, punch out the 4.6 to a 5.0 lol. Although it won't be the same motor, it sure as hell will be a lot more powerful! Oh and the technology isn't brand new so they know how to mod and tune them..

Daily Driver: 2006 Honda CBR600rr
Weekend Warrior: 2006 Mustang GT
Apprentice

I say go with the 4.6V8. As you have seen, it is pretty awesome and all the bugs are pretty much out of it, so you won't get any surprises down the road. Later, when you can afford more, you can always add a supercharger and get the 100+ extra hp, if you want.

My past experience has been that you are best off in reliability if you wait until the 3rd year of a new production model. Defects in the first year are just being discovered while the 2nd year is in production, so they really don't get fixed until the 3rd year. It is fun to be first on the block with something new, but for reliability...wait a bit. And at the price difference...you'll love that V8 in the 2010!

=Vic=
Banned
4.6L Member

new cars are always a bad financial decision...get a 3 year old one for your best value...I know it's hard to think about your future when you are 20, but if you want to every have a life without debt resist the temptation to buy a new car...a couple hundred a month invested when you are 20 will pay off huge later in your life...
Apprentice

Wink Get the 4.6L

I would stick with the 4.6L from 2005-2009 or 2010. Me and my wife test derove a 5.0 over here in Houston, the car kicked good but honestly onyl felt barely better than my 06 GT before stock. Also, the 5.0's engine felt like it slammed through the interior with a loud CLUNK. That happend two times, one when I drove it and the other when the salesman drove it, he lost a sale to that loud slam. The 5.0 has a lot of cool features though... But I got my 06 GT with 29k miles and supercharged it, with alot of exterior mods to make it look good all for a total of 24k. Blowing the 5.0 may be hard with the compression ratio, compared to our 4.6L.

Dont get me wrong the 5.0 is bad ass, but I already noticed alot of bugs

468 RWHP
439RWTQ

Saleen Series VI Supercharger 8 PSI
Pypes Violators
JDM Saleen Intake
98MAF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
2011 5.0 gt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page