Why All The Camaro Hate??? - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
KDT
GT Member

Quote:
Did it get used for paving the roads around my house? No. Military Defense? No. Local Police/fire and emergency serevics? No. Unemployment compensation for laid off workers? No. School funding? No. In stead..school funding has been cut, the local roads suck..the local sheriffs response time is DISMAL AT BEST (NEED TO CARRY YOUR OWN GUN REALLY). They have raised the price of local water and sewer, raised property taxes by 10% percent (in a time wiht the property is ACTUALLY WORTH 25% LESS)....
I see you live in SC as well. I want my Camaro too. I could at least relieve some stress burning it in front yard. :hihi:

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

i dont hate camaros, but i hate people trying to say they are better than mustangs.. specially now.

i.imgur.com/hlhwCJZ.jpg
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74stang2togo View Post
I was for years a "as long as it's American I'm cool" kind of guy.

Well, then GM and Chrysler went to the Feds for a bailout after years of making things worse and worse for themselves (I still blame the whole thing for both companies on Bob Lutz).

Ford had the same warning GM and Chrysler had a few years back and started making moves that I, and all the financial pundits all screamed about as "stupid" (You should see my rants in the "Ford Needs Saving" thread in the Hot Zone forums from a few years ago). Ford's "stupid" moves left them the only US automaker not on Welfare. I can vouch for Ford's quality firsthand, having been a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury tech at one point, and having worked on all the brands out there, I can tell you that their only rivals in the market today are Mazda(which are mostly rebadged Fords or platforms used by Ford but developed in Japan) and Hyundai/Kia when it comes to quality.

As far as the new Camaro... I don't have ANY respect for something that looks like a cartoon caricature of the misbegotten inbred love child of a 3rd-gen and 1st-gen Camaro. I wouldn't care if it had 1500hp and ran on recycled farts and emitted cotton candy from the tailpipes, anything that fugly should've hit the scrap heap with the first prototype.
:hihi:

I don't need to go looking at yours, and other's old posts. I remember them, and remember thinking "Boy. won't these guys be surprised when Ford's strategy works..."

So THERE!! Neeener neener neener!

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012

Apprentice

I don't hate the Camaro. I like the LS engines. I think the retro size fell apart on them though. So many things just don't work - I just shake my head when I see them. They should have just slapped the first gen body on a new chassis and engine.
Rookie

Eh, why hate on any one brand? I think it's important to appreciate what every car company can bring to the table. I've jumped between Saab, Porsche, and Ford here over the last, what, decade or so? Each car had its strengths and weaknesses, and each company has had their respective hits and misses (original 9000 Aero versus GM new-generation 900, 911 Turbo versus Cayenne, Mustang versus Probe), so I think it's pointless to hate on a single brand or group unilaterally. I tip fellow Mustang drivers a wave when I'm on the road, but I offer the same salute to drivers of any car I think is cool. That includes Camaros, Corvettes, GTOs, you name it. Saying something like "GM has never built a good car" or "All Camaros are worthless pieces of plastic-covered trash" is a pretty silly statement. There are Mustangs that are certainly more powerful or better handling than Camaros from equivalent years, and there are Camaros from other years that can outpace Mustangs of the same vintage.

That's a good thing, though. Competition breeds fiercer opponents. If the Camaro was always an also-ran that never challenged the Mustang's place in the market, the Mustang would be weaker as a result. A little rivalry is good -- great, even, if it results in both cars becoming better machines for it.

Take stock of a car for what qualities it possesses, not what badge is on the hood. If you like it and you have fun driving it, then it's a good car to you, regardless of what emblem's on the nose.
GT Member

Agreed ocotmac.
74stang2togo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB View Post
:hihi:

I don't need to go looking at yours, and other's old posts. I remember them, and remember thinking "Boy. won't these guys be surprised when Ford's strategy works..."

So THERE!! Neeener neener neener!
Oh hush. Some of what Ford did WAS stupid... but there was enough smart moves made to counter it... they just did those in the background.

Ford's smartest move? Buying out Visteon.

Almost every car in the world uses Visteon parts in their A/C, heating, or cooling system, and now every car maker that uses Visteon is paying FORD!

Even that ugly ass Camaro I hate so much has parts in it bought from Ford!
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octomac View Post
Eh, why hate on any one brand? I think it's important to appreciate what every car company can bring to the table. I've jumped between Saab, Porsche, and Ford here over the last, what, decade or so? Each car had its strengths and weaknesses, and each company has had their respective hits and misses (original 9000 Aero versus GM new-generation 900, 911 Turbo versus Cayenne, Mustang versus Probe), so I think it's pointless to hate on a single brand or group unilaterally. I tip fellow Mustang drivers a wave when I'm on the road, but I offer the same salute to drivers of any car I think is cool. That includes Camaros, Corvettes, GTOs, you name it. Saying something like "GM has never built a good car" or "All Camaros are worthless pieces of plastic-covered trash" is a pretty silly statement. There are Mustangs that are certainly more powerful or better handling than Camaros from equivalent years, and there are Camaros from other years that can outpace Mustangs of the same vintage.

That's a good thing, though. Competition breeds fiercer opponents. If the Camaro was always an also-ran that never challenged the Mustang's place in the market, the Mustang would be weaker as a result. A little rivalry is good -- great, even, if it results in both cars becoming better machines for it.

Take stock of a car for what qualities it possesses, not what badge is on the hood. If you like it and you have fun driving it, then it's a good car to you, regardless of what emblem's on the nose.

LOL

This may be the only time you hear me say this but most of my Gang around here really likes the camaro.

But we cant admit this EVER because the camaro owners we see on the roads, on the forums etc are total douchbags who only say really dumb immature and hateful things about mustangs.

So.....Camaro owners are just reaping what they have sown with all the hate.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page