2010+ TPMS sensors and 2008-9 cars? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2010+ TPMS sensors and 2008-9 cars?

OK, I think this has been asked before, but I cannot recall a definitive answer. My 08 GT has the TPMS sensors mounted on bands within the wheel. I understand if I get a new TPMS sensor, the car has to be "trained" to recognize it, not unlike training for a new key. I had to have that done for my wife's '08 Mountaineer when one of the band-mounted sensors failed and was replaced. My question has to do with the valve-mounted TPMS sensors on the new take-off wheels that are available from 2010 and 2011 Mustangs. Can the car recognize those as well, or are they on some different frequency or code or something?

=Vic=

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Mustang TPMS Transmitter Tool w/ DVD Instructions at AmericanMuscle.com

get yourself one of these. I use it to rotate between my two sets of rims and tires and it transitions the sensors very easily for me

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargap View Post
OK, I think this has been asked before, but I cannot recall a definitive answer. My 08 GT has the TPMS sensors mounted on bands within the wheel. I understand if I get a new TPMS sensor, the car has to be "trained" to recognize it, not unlike training for a new key. I had to have that done for my wife's '08 Mountaineer when one of the band-mounted sensors failed and was replaced. My question has to do with the valve-mounted TPMS sensors on the new take-off wheels that are available from 2010 and 2011 Mustangs. Can the car recognize those as well, or are they on some different frequency or code or something?

=Vic=
From what we've experienced here, the 07-09 band sensor will not work with a 2010-2011 & a 2010-2011 sensor will not work with an 07-09.

Jonathan McDonald
LatemodelRestoration.com
Your 1979 Mustang to 2012 Mustang Parts Source
Phone (254) 296-6500
We will price match any reputable company's advertised pricing on any product we carry!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page