My Mustang got hit today - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

unless they are willing to pay you a grand or two, i would have went through insurance. because you KNOW its gonna cost more than you think, and the trouble you have to go through, getting a good shop, getting the parts, thats worth money right there.

honestly, you should have went through insurance, unless this person has a HUGE wallet.

1985 Regatta Blue vert 5.0- 87 5.0 shortblock, T5 transmission, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter, A/C delete, UDP's, edelbrock rpm performer intake, holley 600 4bbl carb, dual flowmaster 44's with o/r H pipe, MSD ignition, 1.72 roller rockers, Tokico HP shocks/struts, FRPP B springs, FRPP 4.10's

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2007 V6 Nitrous injected-SOLD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
S197 Member

You have seven days to report the accident and let the police know that you have the persons name and phone then they can call and tell them that a report has been made, by law in Illinois if there is more than 500.00 dollars in damagr a report has to be made and now adays 500.00 is nothing more than a scratch. Good luck with this but file a report for piece of mind.

C&L racer cai, FRPP 62mm polished throttle bodies, custom Sutton Ford Racing Tune, Spyder alum ds, Steeda tri ax shrt thrw shftr,BMR lowering springs Steeda UCA, LCA, Steeda adjustable panhard bar and panhard bar brace, Steeda G-Trac Brace, Front sway bar mnt brace,SW LT catted X-pipe magnapack exhst 18x9/18x10 blk bullet dp dish rims,reverse c-stripe side stripes, CDC Billet lower grill,custom vista blue 5-spd shifter ball, 2008 Vista Blue GT flush mount side louvers.Eibach frt/rear sway bars.
GT Member

08GTCA,

Why did I know that you were going to say "she" was driving the Suburban that backed into you! There are TONS of soccer moms in Suburbans in Dallas/Fort Worth. Avoid at all costs! They have no clue.

I also can relate to your issue with getting a police report. They will not show up here either unless there is an injury or traffic is being significantly blocked. I had someone side swipe the crap out of my brand new F-150 in a parking lot and they would not come out, as it was during rush hour. So, I paid myself (over $2K in damage). It sucks.

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch View Post
This "lady" got in the her car in front of mine, started it and without looking, threw it in reverse and proceeded to lift the front end of my car about 1/2 a foot off the ground.
And when guys ask Pete if his car was fast, he'd tell them he's seen it with the front tires a full six inches in the air.

2013 Boss 302 gotta-have-it green
2008 Shelby GT500 torch red with black stripes + sequentials
2001 Cobra mineral grey with 2003 Mach 1 shaker hood
1996 Cobra color-shifting mystic paint + sequentials
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to McComb05GT
please, please, please...get a police report filed. i have known some people to get screwed because others will just lie about it later. i will always call the police right when it happens for now on.

2005 Mustang GT
5 Speed Manual - Shaker Hood - Side Window Louvers - SLP Loudmouth Exhaust - JLT CAI W/Tune - Rear Panel Blackout - Black GT Emblems - Tinted Windows - 14" Antenna
Silver Mustang Registry #1135
KDT
GT Member

Always insist on an accident report if it's their fault. You are going to be surprised at what it is going to cost to fix it and she still may not pay. If you can still get a claim in, do it now or you might end up paying to fix it yourself. She would have had to give me 2 grand cash on the spot to keep me from reporting it right then.

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08GTCA View Post
Sqidd, That is just sickening to see. I feel bad just looking at that photo.
No, i was quite lucky because it is just cosmetic damage to mine and when fixed that GT/CS bumper will look good.
Hope you are happy with the repair to your's.
Figured that would cheer you up!

Everything turned out great. Iíve written at least a 1000 crash estimates while working at dealers so I know how to work the insurance companies. I got $14,700 out of them for a car that Blue Booked for $18,500. It should have been totaled. Ahhhh, the art of the supplemental.

A past customer of mine owns the shop where I got it fixed and they specialize in BMW, MB, Porsche, etc so obviously their work is top notch. We worked out a deal where I stripped the car down so I didnít have to pay the labor for that and I sourced all the GT500 front end/hood stuff from a good hookup I have so I ended up getting everything back to as it was or better and the entire car got painted, badges removed, antennae removed, fake gas cap removed, etc. Itís still the OEM color but has a lot better application and there is a mile of clear on it. We still have not wet sanded and buffed it out and it already looks better then the stock paint! I even got it on the frame rack and squared the car up (not needed from the hit) which was nice because none of them are perfectly square of the showroom floor.

It was a lot of work but this winter it was getting a motor anyway so the timing was right. If I ever get the car back together it will be light-years nicer than when it got hit.

Youíll get your front end sorted in no time and have an upgrade to boot. Certainly could be worse. Good luck.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1fordlover View Post
Im not Bragging and if I seem to Im not, but my Stang is got to be the Cleanist, lowest Mileage 07 PONY in the U.S. And as it get's to it's 3 year Birthday it still has NEVER been washed, never had to as it's still showroom condition so now you know why Im so paraniod.
My '07 has a tick over 2000 miles on it & thanks to my best friend its nicer than stock. Too bad his divorce destroyed his life. My wife is bad enough but his was something else.

Obama whines that we don't build stuff like the Hoover Dam anymore. With his EPA in charge nothing CAN get built.....ANYMORE!

If you put the Obama administration in charge of the Sahara desert they would find a way to run out of sand in a year....-ME!
Apprentice

I sure hope you have a witness or two to back up your story. Generally, the burden of proof is always on the car with front end damage where there's a collision between the front of one car and the rear of another car. There's nothing to stop the other party from saying you hit them since the legal assumption is typically that their vehicle was rear ended, unless there is evidence to the contrary (e.g., witnesses).

A long time ago I had a father and son at a stoplight pull too far forward, then back up into my car. I was completely stationary. They were all nice about it being their fault, then they later refused to pay anything at all. Learned my lesson back then...

Vista Blue 2009 V6 Premium w/Pony Package, X-Charger Xtreme #276
Auto, Custom duals, GT500 8.8 w/3.73 gears, Shaftmasters driveshaft, Konis, GT brakes, Roush rear springs, and various interior/exterior upgrades
48 states road tripping in my Pony...
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Update! and the total is............. $1,011.18
When i called her and told her, she almost fainted. " I don't know if the insurance will approve that"
Me, " Trust me, they will and the shop is an approved Allstate repair facility. Give them a call and talk to......."
The shop does many high end Porsche and BMW repairs in my area and there reputation is great.
So i will be checking back later today to make sure she files the claim.

Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page