Official name of 2010+ body style mustang? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010 Thread Starter
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Official name of 2010+ body style mustang?

So i've been hearing rumors and such floating around, but is there a definite name to the fresh new look of the former S197 mustang? I heard the S10 mustang, but it kinda sounds like a chevy to me lol

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

i havnt heard anything. Heck just go with New Edge S197

2011 Black GT Premium
Auto, 401A, Shaker 1000, Comfort Package,
18 inch rims, 50/50 Window Tint, Mrt
Rear hinged window louvers, 5.0 Flowmaster
American Thunders.
Boss Quad Exhaust
Ordered 2/9/10
Arrived 4/29/10
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

I wonder if the 2011's use new front calipers (besides the obvious brembo packages and such). I remember when I took my front ones off to paint them it has S197 stamped right into them. Wonder if the same was done to the '11 calipers :?: I have a name for the '10+ but I don't think anyone will like it .....

-------------------------------------------
2006 Vista Blue "Mach 1", Auto, N/A
Too much to list and nothing really that great. If interested check out my profile.
------------------------------------------------------------
Numbers are just that...numbers.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Probably by people who hope it has a new number.
It isn't a major body style change so I don't see why it would.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkzilla View Post
I wonder if the 2011's use new front calipers (besides the obvious brembo packages and such). I remember when I took my front ones off to paint them it has S197 stamped right into them. Wonder if the same was done to the '11 calipers :?: I have a name for the '10+ but I don't think anyone will like it .....

lets hear it anyway. I bet a few people will like it.

'08 GT premium 5 spd

just a couple little things
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustang2005
S197.5:kooky:

05 GT
C&L Racer Intake. 87-91-93 octane programs from Brenspeed. Motion Plate Delete Plates(NOS ports). Throttle body spacer taken out 1 week after install. Ford Racing Shorty Headers, Custom High flow cats, Steeda UDP's. Steeda GT axel backs. Steeda Lower control arms, Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft. A surprise rebuild by brother (Master Mechanic) He calls it a stroker. Custom heads and cams with who the hell knows what else.Oh the NOS kit I dont have a bottle for.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmike666 View Post
lets hear it anyway. I bet a few people will like it.
Well lets put it this way. The ass end reminds me of the new gen Camaro. The only thing Ford did for the new gen was get their engineers of their asses and take all the kinks out out of the base modular platform. Wow, all of a sudden we have a 302 that puts out some hp from the factory. You can do it yourself with a 4.6 and about $10K. Thanks for saving me some work Ford! Good job Ok I am done venting.

Too much to list and nothing really that great. If interested check out my profile.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
Rookie

Uglyazzrear-s197
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilcaninex View Post
Uglyazzrear-s197
Thats good but too many letters to stamp onto a caliper. How about 10IG... for 2010+ is gay! Now I know some ppl are going to think I am biased but let me tell you. I love most of the previous body styles of stangs. Ford had to F-up a good thing on the 05-09 bodystyle. They updated the bodystyle because it was time but they didn't have to follow the footsteps of GM...Jeeze...at least Mopar did good with the Chally SRT8 b4 they died (looks only!!!).

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to McComb05GT
I honestly have been saying for awhile that the new 10-11's look way too much like the camaro. I like my body style because there really isn't too many like it. Hell, if I wanted my car to look like a camaro then I would have gotten one.

2005 Mustang GT
5 Speed Manual - Shaker Hood - Side Window Louvers - SLP Loudmouth Exhaust - JLT CAI W/Tune - Rear Panel Blackout - Black GT Emblems - Tinted Windows - 14" Antenna
Silver Mustang Registry #1135
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

i heard s198 myself...

1985 Regatta Blue vert 5.0- 87 5.0 shortblock, T5 transmission, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter, A/C delete, UDP's, edelbrock rpm performer intake, holley 600 4bbl carb, dual flowmaster 44's with o/r H pipe, MSD ignition, 1.72 roller rockers, Tokico HP shocks/struts, FRPP B springs, FRPP 4.10's

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2007 V6 Nitrous injected-SOLD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD
GT Member

I don't see any resemblance between the new Mustang and the Camaro, so I don't get that comparison. Is it different than the S-197, yes. Having both, I get to compare. It makes the S-197 look outdated, but that was the whole point of the S-197. Once you drive one, the S-197 will feel REALLY outdated. But I like both. Oh, and it wasn't just a cosmetic upgrade. The new platform is much much better.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONY View Post
I don't see any resemblance between the new Mustang and the Camaro, so I don't get that comparison. Is it different than the S-197, yes. Having both, I get to compare. It makes the S-197 look outdated, but that was the whole point of the S-197. Once you drive one, the S-197 will feel REALLY outdated. But I like both. Oh, and it wasn't just a cosmetic upgrade. The new platform is much much better.
People really liked the S197 when it came out because it kind of had that "outdated" feel to it...or retro as most people would put it. The new bodystyle has too many curves on it. I think the new Camaros are eyesores. The only other latemodel muscle car I like is the SRT8 Challenger. Everybody is welcome to their own opinion though. But you are right, Ford did upgrade the powertrain and they did a good job doing it. It was just a little late forthcoming.

GT Member
5.0L Member

my neighbor has a 700+ hp twin turbo 10' camaro and he just picked up a brand new 2011 mustang, still stock but not for long. i dont think they look alike at all. I see them every day now and never have i looked at the mustang and said, "that thing looks like his camaro."

I remember when he took me for a ride in the camaro when it was stock and the thing felt like it was weighed down a load. and he took me out in the mustang when he got it and the thing is like a totally different monster.

as for the op, i have no clue what there called. but i just looked it up on the computer and i saw D2C. i guess thats the platform they used for the 05-09 and they are still using it, so i guess its still an sn197? heres what it said:

In 2005, Ford introduced the all-new D2C Mustang platform, thus launching the fifth generation of Mustang. As Ford put it, "The new platform is designed to make the Mustang faster, safer, more agile and better-looking than ever." In the 2010 model year, Ford revised the interior and exterior of the car. In 2011, they added a new 5.0L V8 engine to the GT line up, and upped the output of the V6 model to 305 horsepower.
Source: Ford Motor Company

87 Mustang GT Convertible
"WhiteThunder"
209rwhp/297rwtq
Mods: bbk cai, accufab 70mm tb & egr spacer, bbk catted hpipe, flowmaster americanthunder catback.
PARTIAL RESTORATION IN PROGRESS
Apprentice

Garage
How about BM double U, certainly more appropriate than S10.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9..._Mustang_1.jpg
Granted, not in stock form but the resemblance is uncanny.
Not hating on the new style, it`s just not for me.

2007 Torch Red Premium Pony
FRPP GTB exhaust system
Ford Performance M-2300-D
2014 GT 18" Bullitt

Last edited by Michael F; 06-28-2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: spelling error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page