Cervinis Ram Air Hood w/ Covercraft Bra - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Cervinis Ram Air Hood w/ Covercraft Bra

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anybody here has the Covercraft Bra Cover for the 05-09 Mustang GT. I want to get one because the road is kicking up dirt that is beginning to show on my freshly painted one year old hood. My concern was that since this is a custom hood, where does the top line of the cover stop at on the hood? In other words, will the bra cover up part of the ram air scoop, or will the ram air scoop even prevent a decent fitment? Anyone with the Cervinis Ram Air Hood and a Covercraft bra please reply! Thanks.

2005 Mustang Premium V6-Screaming Yellow
" Mr. Bee"
Pypes X-Pipe/True Dual Exhaust, Flowmaster AT Axlebacks, K&N FIPK CAI, J&M Extreme Rear LCA's, Cervinis Ram Air Hood (functional), Bamachips Custom Tune/XCAL3, Optima Yellow Top Battery, Shelby Racing Stripes,Black OEM GT Rear Spoiler; Staggered GT 500 wheels with Perelli Tires, Xenon custom painted side scoops, Rousch Front Fascia, Black/Yellow Roush Seat Covers (front/rear),Hawk Performance HP Plus Brake Pads, StopTech Slotted Rotors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010
Apprentice

Those type of bras are worthless, any brand. Besides it will kill the great looks of that hood. I have the the Cervini Ram Air hood & the best option is to look into getting clear paint protection film applied to the leading edge. It's a clear 8 mil thick urethane with an adhesive back. Allows color of paint to show, will not discolor, last 8 years & is removeable if necessary. Will survive a 1/4" rock @ 60mph without damage to paint. 3M is the leader, but there are other brands as well. Also goes by the name "clear bra" Hope this helps you out.

06' GT Auto, Whipple H/O 10#, custom tuned, 3k Circle D converter, Shaftmaster D/S, BMR loop, 3:73's, Street - 18 x 10 Nitto NTO5R 315/40/18, Track - Racestar 10" w/MT ET Street Radial Pro 275/60/15: Steeda LCA, relocation brackets, comp. adj. upper 3rd link, panhard bar w/HD brace, Trutrac, BMR K-member, A-arms & radiator support, SLP line lock, 6 pt. roll bar, V6 struts, V6 rear springs, Roush exhaust, Powerslot slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads. 1/4 mile: 11.121, 1.571 60' @ 121.80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page