I DONT have Corrosion on my Mustang - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

ok, not to be the party pooper but could you post pics of your "non" rusting parts? air bubles from the factory? how does that happen when it breaks the paint/clearcoat down to a (without getting too technical) mist. not globing it on with a brush. i have worked in a autobody shop for quite a while.... the "air bubbles" are most likely the paint bubbling from rust underneath due to contaminants or on the doors of the "glued/pinched" seams. dodges are the notorious for rusting through at the seams only acouple years after production. some taking longer than others depending on the enviroment its subjected to. the dodge sealer loves to hold moisture and if salt is added to the mix than hello rust, goodbye money i truely hope that i'm wrong but my gut says we need pics plus when do dealers tell the truth?

D.O.B. 3V/GT500 Kit 463 RWHP/ 465 RWTRQ @ 11.5 PSI on 92oct - Dyno Dynamics Dyno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrochy View Post
ok, not to be the party pooper but could you post pics of your "non" rusting parts? air bubles from the factory? how does that happen when it breaks the paint/clearcoat down to a (without getting too technical) mist. not globing it on with a brush. i have worked in a autobody shop for quite a while.... the "air bubbles" are most likely the paint bubbling from rust underneath due to contaminants or on the doors of the "glued/pinched" seams. dodges are the notorious for rusting through at the seams only acouple years after production. some taking longer than others depending on the enviroment its subjected to. the dodge sealer loves to hold moisture and if salt is added to the mix than hello rust, goodbye money i truely hope that i'm wrong but my gut says we need pics plus when do dealers tell the truth?
Scrochy I did have Pics Posted in My Members Profile but I deleted them. I think there's still a Pic of the Hood Seam. I dont have Photobucket and dont know how to post them on here so (I'll re-post) some Pics on My Members Profile Page.
I too am stll a little skeptable about what FORD told me and to not worry as it's not the Metal to Aluminum Corrosion that others are having problems with. I also had a Friend stop by last night that is the Paint Manager at our Local Chrylser Delearship and I told him the story and he looked at it and also said it was O.K.
I'll post some more pics, check em out and tell me what you think.
The FORD Delearship also told me if I had that problem I'd have had it by now as it works Fast and I'd have Big Blisters on the outside of my Paint, and also there's a 5 Year Preforation Warranty on My Mustang so I still have 2 more years to go.

2002 GT Premium Auto Mineral Grey. Pypes Violater Cat Back Exhaust.
2003 V6 Auto Oxford White, all original no Mods
SOLD 2007 V6 Premium Pony
FORD BUILT WITHOUT YOUR TAX DOLLARS
SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

The driver door looks like somebody or something didn't prep very well, good news is from the pics it doesn't look like rust :shiny: poke one of the bubbles with a sewing needle and see if its hollow or solid....

D.O.B. 3V/GT500 Kit 463 RWHP/ 465 RWTRQ @ 11.5 PSI on 92oct - Dyno Dynamics Dyno

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrochy View Post
The driver door looks like somebody or something didn't prep very well, good news is from the pics it doesn't look like rust :shiny: poke one of the bubbles with a sewing needle and see if its hollow or solid....
I just finished posting the rest of the Pics in My members Gallery, there's one more of the Drivers side Door that I want you to look at, it has bubbles but these ones look different from the ones in the other Pic.
I just may go to the Local FORD Delearship and ask there Opinion, I went to the FORD Delearship where I bought My Mustang thinking they would serve me better.

SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Great to hear it was just flaws. I would hate to think that your car was rusting, because if you take care of your car the way you do and have rust, the rest of us are doomed. Mine actually has a big flaw in the paint in the passenger door jam area. Looks like more than dirt got caught in the paint. I was going to point it out to the dealer when I go in again this week. Looks like 3 grains of rices got caught under it. Not a huge deal since I only see it when I'm detailing the car, but something that bugs me when I do see it. Hope you're still enjoying your car and the new CAI.

'08 Vapor Silver V6 Pony package
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzca6 View Post
Mine has a flaw in the paint in the passenger door jam area. Looks like 3 grains of rice got caught under it.
And yet your stang doesn't look ar all "ricey".

2013 Boss 302 gotta-have-it green
2008 Shelby GT500 torch red with black stripes + sequentials
2001 Cobra mineral grey with 2003 Mach 1 shaker hood
1996 Cobra color-shifting mystic paint + sequentials
MACH I Member

I have the bubbles on my doors now and truck lid. It didn't come that way. The crap is coming back on my hood also. Their yanking your F-ing chain… JMHO though.:smoke:

2005 GT coupe
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1213 View Post
I have the bubbles on my doors now and truck lid. It didn't come that way. The crap is coming back on my hood also. Their yanking your F-ing chain… JMHO though.:smoke:
Im starting to wonder also,,,,,Im sure I'd have noticed the bubbles on my Door Seam befor too. I just got off the Phone with the Delear that sold me My Mustang and he said the rust has to be completely through to be covered. So even though mine may be rust and it's just starting and it's only covered for 2 more years for the 5 year Preforation Warranty. I may get a rusty car that's not completely rusted through that wont be covered.
Like the AFM Member stated above in his thread, that if this happens to me and as good as I've taken care of My Mustang and it's happening to me, Your All In Trouble!
Im not sure if I should get my Door Seam fixed now befor it gets worse insted of waiting to see if it does, and if it does FORD wont fix it anyway because it's not completely through. So I just may wait a little longer and see if in fact the bubbles get bigger or spread, then I'll get it fixed.
I think FORD is really trying to cover up this problem. I could see if you drove it in the Snow and Salt, then sure this should happen eventually. But when your like me and Never Drove it in the Snow or Rain and have'nt even ever Washed it because it's never been dirty and this happens, then this is a Bad Bad thing as it should have never happened to me.

SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1fordlover View Post
Im starting to wonder also,,,,,Im sure I'd have noticed the bubbles on my Door Seam befor too. I just got off the Phone with the Delear that sold me My Mustang and he said the rust has to be completely through to be covered. So even though mine may be rust and it's just starting and it's only covered for 2 more years for the 5 year Preforation Warranty. I may get a rusty car that's not completely rusted through that wont be covered.
Like the AFM Member stated above in his thread, that if this happens to me and as good as I've taken care of My Mustang and it's happening to me, Your All In Trouble!
Im not sure if I should get my Door Seam fixed now befor it gets worse insted of waiting to see if it does, and if it does FORD wont fix it anyway because it's not completely through. So I just may wait a little longer and see if in fact the bubbles get bigger or spread, then I'll get it fixed.
I think FORD is really trying to cover up this problem. I could see if you drove it in the Snow and Salt, then sure this should happen eventually. But when your like me and Never Drove it in the Snow or Rain and have'nt even ever Washed it because it's never been dirty and this happens, then this is a Bad Bad thing as it should have never happened to me.
Hey my friend,
My cars are washed regularly and garaged. The crap that is spread on the roads is death to cars, even after one coating I believe. Now, they use the liquid calcium nitrate $hit .Once any plastic parts are covered … they're stained for good. It just sucks finding this on your ride/whip.
Just had a $hitty round of golf at league play

2005 GT coupe
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1213 View Post
Hey my friend,
My cars are washed regularly and garaged. The crap that is spread on the roads is death to cars, even after one coating I believe. Now, they use the liquid calcium nitrate $hit .Once any plastic parts are covered … they're stained for good. It just sucks finding this on your ride/whip.
Just had a $hitty round of golf at league play
I dont play Golf cuz I cant hit the freakin ball, Im a Hunter, a Bow and Muzzleloader and I can hit anything as for the Road and stuff they put on it....Im sure it does matter, but I've never drove on anything but a completely dry road, no rain or snow ever. So I should be clean free of anything that should effect my Mustang. I've taken such good care of it that it makes me sick, if anyone should have a car that should last forever it should be me. Again, if this happens to me your all in trouble!
I just got home from a local Bar, and My friend was there that works for FORD and he knows my problem, he informed me that FORD knows what's going on with the Mustangs and other models of FORD cars, and there not gonna do anything to correct the problem. They know it's happening and were all gonna get screwed in the end. So no matter how good you take care of your Mustang it's gonna get you.
Mabey and I say mabey, if a-lot of us stand up and fight this we will win in the end, but I have a feeling that it will be like the cars back in the early 80's that rusted away no matter how good you took care of them, if you were there like I was you'll remember these cars.

SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page