SCT X3 tuner question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

SCT X3 tuner question

ok, so i have been having problems with my car non stop for about 3-4 months now, maybe longer. had tune after tune sent to me with updates and fixes and all sorts of stuff. Me and my mechanic are trying to rule out possibilties because as of now I have a "ghost" in my car. We cant figure out whats wrong and been looking for months. I was simply wondering if anyone has ever had a problem with their SCT X3 tuner? Mainly it possibly not loading the complete tune on when putting it in their car. Or jus any technical issues anyone may have had. My mechanic thinks it may just be a tuner issue and possibly not loading the complete tune... Any help is useful thanks

08 Mustang Gt - Vista Blue, antenna delete, 15% tint, black "GT" shift knob, CAI, exhaust, and more... So many things are changing with my car, it is just going by slowly, ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Ghost Problems? Explain.....

And what CAI are you using? Exhaust Mods?

I am an authorized SCT dealer, maybe I can help. I don't see issues with the programmer not transferring the whole tune. Sometimes see issues where customer doesn't follow uploading instructions and car wont start until the tune is uploaded properly in that case.

2005 GT Premium - Mineral Grey 5-speed MT
Vortech Supercharged - Steeda Billet LCAs, Steeda UCA, UPR adj. Panhard bar, FRPP K-member brace, GT500 Strut Tower Brace, Walbro 255lph Dual pump, FRPP 39# injectors, AIS Water/Meth Injection, Ported Throttle Body. 440rwhp / 406rwtq
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Have you tried to load the Factory Tune back in and see if that one works?

2002 GT Premium Auto Mineral Grey. Pypes Violater Cat Back Exhaust.
2003 V6 Auto Oxford White, all original no Mods
SOLD 2007 V6 Premium Pony
FORD BUILT WITHOUT YOUR TAX DOLLARS
SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
If it didn't load the entire flash, the car wouldn't run.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModularMuscle View Post
Ghost Problems? Explain.....

And what CAI are you using? Exhaust Mods?

I am an authorized SCT dealer, maybe I can help. I don't see issues with the programmer not transferring the whole tune. Sometimes see issues where customer doesn't follow uploading instructions and car wont start until the tune is uploaded properly in that case.

Ok. Sorry it took so long to respond. Been tied up doing things. Anyway, I have a steeda CAI and it's a 92mm I believe. May be wrong. Something like that, but I know it's steeda. With SLP long tubes, o/r x no cats, flowmaster mufflers, and mutha thumpr cams...

Now, as far as the issues. I have 7 different tunes I have tried and this seems to happen with all. After so many cycles, a/c will switch from on to off and O2's will read at first then stop reading. With every tune the car will run fine and everything will function properly, then after so many cycles it will start running like crap again and have these same issues. Now when it runs good all the sensors with the engine and module are in spec when viewing with a scanner. But when it hits it's "limp" mode and starts running bad and things aren't functioning properly then scanner shows a/c disabled and O2's not switching like they should, etc...

Talked to my mechanic today and him an my other friend who is also a certified mechanic and jus wanna add they both work on these mustangs and have worked on many of them before so they know what they are doing. But they are talking about reprogramming the PCM and reseting the KAM and EEPROM. Bc I've had a problem with my PCM before and had to get it replaced.

Anyway, that's about it.... If you can help on anyway from that info it would be highly appreciated. If u need any additional info let me know or u can even jus pm me. Thanks...

08 Mustang Gt - Vista Blue, antenna delete, 15% tint, black "GT" shift knob, CAI, exhaust, and more... So many things are changing with my car, it is just going by slowly, ....
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1fordlover View Post
Have you tried to load the Factory Tune back in and see if that one works?
I did load the factory tune like a while back and can say with all my mods doing that wouldn't help bc with the factory tune and my mods the car would def run like crap. Lol

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
If it didn't load the entire flash, the car wouldn't run.
Now generally, I would go with you on that but I can tell you I had a fuel issue. And when we put it on the scanner it was showing that my fuel pump was putting out enough fuel like it should have been. Not even enough for it to be able to stay running from what we saw. My buddy actually told me it was a miracle and he was suprised my car would even crank and stay running. He said my car "was running on hopes and dreams". Lol... So, I wouldn't put anything past my car. Lol. It has a mind of it's own.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Who did your tune? It is quite possible that your tune was never right to begin with since you don't know exactly what mods are on your car. I am with everyone else in that you can't load "half of a tune." You would get an error message on the SCT during load and maybe even a PCM "corrupt error" if it screwed something up.

-------------------------------------------
2006 Vista Blue "Mach 1", Auto, N/A
-------------------------------------------
Too much to list and nothing really that great. If interested check out my profile.
------------------------------------------------------------
Numbers are just that...numbers.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

if the tuners didn't have a complete list of ur mods, they can't write a tune for your car. make sure every mod is accounted for and given to whoever is writing your tune. if it's off just a bit ur gonna have probs.

2010v6, FRPP CAI,93AM RaceTune,Tlok,4:10's. dual aeroforce gauges/SOS pillar gauge pod. custom flamed plenum/shock tower covers.dash & door insert kit. billet grille(black).GT500 spoiler & decklid panel.1/4 window/side scoops.duals w/series 44 flowmasters.roush rear valance POW/MIA & AMERICAN FLAG emblems.( in the works; shelby/paxton cs6/terlingua 375hp intrcld supercharger).
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkzilla View Post
Who did your tune? It is quite possible that your tune was never right to begin with since you don't know exactly what mods are on your car. I am with everyone else in that you can't load "half of a tune." You would get an error message on the SCT during load and maybe even a PCM "corrupt error" if it screwed something up.
It's possible, but I know exactly every mod done to my car. I may not remember off the top of my head but I have everything written down that's done to it. So if something is missing in the tune for one of my mods that would be bc they forgot to add it.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkzilla View Post
Oh... And TPS in Louisiana did my tunes...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page