CAI worth it? or save for supercharger? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
KDT
GT Member

I would say go ahead and get a CAI and tuner since it looks looks like it might be a while before you get a blower. You will already have the tuner and you can always sell your CAI and recoup some of the money when you get your blower. That's what I did.

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

KDT
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRonn View Post
You'd want that CAI with your blower anyway... so might as well get it now.
If you have good credit just borrow and make payments for the blower.
That's what I did. I have a Brenspeed no interest account. I payed about 3K out of my pocket and financed the other 2K for 1 year no interest. I payed the remaining balance off in 5 months. I had the money to pay for everything up front but instead of taking it out of the bank, I made weekly online payments and got it payed for pretty quick. That way the wife don't know how much I spent either because I didn't take a big chunk out of the bank at once. :hihi: That is a good way to do it as long as you beat the interest. I wouldn't do that unless you know for sure you can get it payed off quickly though.

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
do not take out a loan and go into debt because of it. If you do, you will dread and resent your car. Make sure to stay in the green.

And as for a CAI and tune, you will need the tuner for the blower anyway, so why not?

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
do not take out a loan and go into debt because of it. If you do, you will dread and resent your car. Make sure to stay in the green.

And as for a CAI and tune, you will need the tuner for the blower anyway, so why not?
Very true Very true Thanks guys for your inputs!

09 Black Mustang GT
SLP loudmouths
Rookie

CAI + tuner worth it infact most do this first!

Tungsten 2006 MUSTANG V6 Auto
Pony Package
Pypes 409 Stainless Steel V6 Dual Pipe Conv
Future Mods In Progress
Ford Racing CAI SCT 91 Octane Tune
Mach II Shifter
Lemans Stripes 12" black Flat
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givantsbluebaby View Post
theres nothing ricer about 450+ horses in your stang. Lambos use twin turbo set ups that produce up to 1000+ horses, is that ricer too??
I unerstand that cars with monster horsepower are running turbo setups, but don't u think the whine of SC goes hand in hand with muscle? I've never been able to associate turbos with muscle cars. BUT are they really that much cheaper than SC's? I might have to change my opnion on them

2008 Bullitt #3937
2003 Cobra
GT Member

Drag Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsspartan77 View Post
I unerstand that cars with monster horsepower are running turbo setups, but don't u think the whine of SC goes hand in hand with muscle? I've never been able to associate turbos with muscle cars. BUT are they really that much cheaper than SC's? I might have to change my opnion on them
If you have drag races in the last ten years you know the power that a turbo holds on the track. You mentioned muscle I dont know I have a 70mm running 9psi but when I go to the track and see that bad ass 5.4 running a 106mm turbo out front measuring as big as my chest I have no down that whoever is driving that car is going to piss all over the competition.

I am just giving it to you straight.

For example at Darlington Dragway during MW I went 12.6 @121 on street tires the time is not the best due to 60ft and the street tires but I went up against all different types of supercharged setups that were on street tires and when they heard my turbo's BOV when I passed them halfway down the track they had to second guess the power adder they chose.

And hell it's fun to mes with ricers now, on the way back home from MW I ran into 3 hondas racing so I spool the turbo up and let the BOV show them who ruled the street V-8 Packing the Turbo.

2008 Mustang GT, On3Performance Turbo Kit 9 PSI, , LFP 4in One Piece DS, MMR Rear Coil Overs, Competition Engineering 3 Way ajustable Rear Shocks, WOT Box, 3:73 gears, B&M LCA

PB [email protected], [email protected]
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_MagicGT View Post
Very true Very true Thanks guys for your inputs!

i am with you in the same boat. i just graduated from college and I am working a full time job at the hospital. Sure i would love to boost my car but i just proposed to girlfriend so i am saving up for the wedding. i am also trying to save for a house. I could afford to boost the car but there are so many more important things that i could use my money for.

so far my goal is to use the cai i already have and install slp longtube headers and mac axlback and get a tune. that way i can have a little fun and be a responsible adult. besides, for the amount of money i would spend to boost, i would rather apply that money to other mods to improve other aspects for the car.

but im looking at brenspeeds throwback package which seems pretty affordable concerning boost prices. i thinki it is 3899 plus 650 install but they give 100 dollar gas credit if you drive to them and
100 cash back if u pay in cash. plus you get to stay at their guest house during the install.

too bad im also scared of boost.
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsspartan77 View Post
what about the gnx?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page