06' Mustang Conv. Trunk lock is not working? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Angry 06' Mustang Conv. Trunk lock is not working?

My alternator went out, battery is dead, I do not have 1 of those alarm key fob thingys, there is no way to trunk from inside of car, there is no release button in the car, the new battery & alternator and tools are all in the trunk, and as of yesterday for some reason when I go to unlock my trunk (the only way I can) with the key - it just turns, there is no clicking noise letting me know the lock has been unlocked, and it doesnt open. What do I do? I do not have the money to pay a locksmith right now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtarango View Post
My alternator went out, battery is dead, I do not have 1 of those alarm key fob thingys, there is no way to trunk from inside of car, there is no release button in the car, the new battery & alternator and tools are all in the trunk, and as of yesterday for some reason when I go to unlock my trunk (the only way I can) with the key - it just turns, there is no clicking noise letting me know the lock has been unlocked, and it doesnt open. What do I do? I do not have the money to pay a locksmith right now.
Wow that predicament sucks! You can get into the trunk from inside but it will require removing the rear seats. The bottom portion just snaps in. The rest of it is bolted in. It will take some finangling to get it out. Inside the trunk there is a release for people that get locked inside the trunk (however that happens lol).
Ford Service Manuals - REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION

Edit: Come to think of it aren't there two straps on the left and right hand side of the rear seats that you can pull so you can fold the rear seats down? I know there are in my coupe but I don't know about your vert.

-------------------------------------------
2006 Vista Blue "Mach 1", Auto, N/A
Too much to list and nothing really that great. If interested check out my profile.
------------------------------------------------------------
Numbers are just that...numbers.

Last edited by bigkzilla; 07-21-2010 at 12:41 PM. Reason: More Info
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010
Apprentice

just pull on the little straps on the outside of the rear seats to fold them down.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Convertibles don't have fold down rear seats. I hope this does not happen to me...

2008 GT Convertible in Dark Candy Apple Red Metallic with black cloth top and dark charcoal interior. 5-speed manual. 3.55 axle. Interior Upgrade package (woven Charcoal), Premier Trim, Comfort Group, GT Appearance package, HID headlamps, and CS side scoops.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
GT Member
5.0L Member

you will have to remove the rear seat and pull the little lever inside. there isnt a thing inside the car to pull and open the trunk on the s197s?

87 Mustang GT Convertible
"WhiteThunder"
209rwhp/297rwtq
Mods: bbk cai, accufab 70mm tb & egr spacer, bbk catted hpipe, flowmaster americanthunder catback.
PARTIAL RESTORATION IN PROGRESS
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanryan0510 View Post
you will have to remove the rear seat and pull the little lever inside. there isnt a thing inside the car to pull and open the trunk on the s197s?
Nope I don't think they put a button in the car until the 2010 model year. I thought he might have to take the seats out...

2006 Vista Blue "Mach 1", Auto, N/A
Too much to list and nothing really that great. If interested check out my profile.
------------------------------------------------------------
Numbers are just that...numbers.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Now I know why I should miss having a trunk release button. Sorry to hear about your predicament.

2008 Vapor GT Premium Convertible
5 spd, IUP, 18" wheels, 14" shorty antenna, some interior dress up mods. FRPP CAI, GTA mufflers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page