exhaust question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

exhaust question

just bought a 2007 gt and im looking into upgrading the exhaust. ive called a couple different shops in the area and both recommended replacing the stock mufflers with flowmasters and they also will do tips and new hangers for around $350. does that sound about right? anyone have any other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010
PONY Member

I love the replies when someone asks an exhaust question, or better yet, asks for opinions!

you'll get plenty, so be ready!

i like NO mufflers...give me pipes and tips anytime....there, i said it and i'm proud of it.

had a local shop remove the stock mufflers on 2 Mustangs now. and would have them no other way. cost under $160 too!

2010 GT500. Kona blue. It's loud. It's clean. And I love it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010
GT Member

There are DOZENS of mufflers available that BOLT ON. You can do them yourself in an hour with basic tools. FRPP's have a great tone as do Flowmasters. You can also get muffler delete pipes that bolt on.

Obama whines that we don't build stuff like the Hoover Dam anymore. With his EPA in charge nothing CAN get built.....ANYMORE!

If you put the Obama administration in charge of the Sahara desert they would find a way to run out of sand in a year....-ME!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member

yes, that sounds about right, but i'd listen to other brands on youtube (i recommend Pypes ) but also check out bassani, magnaflow, and slp

1999 Mustang v6 convertible - Sold
2003 Mustang GT Koni STR.T & Vogtland springs
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

ive seen the bolt on ones, but they are more expensive then taking it somewhere and having it done. im gonna call and ask how much they would charge if i supplied the muffler that way if i did want to go with a different brand i could because they both carry flowmaster. as far as removing the mufflers all together does that void the warranty? or how bout when it comes time for state inspection i propably wont pass. also i live on a military base and if its too loud they will give me a hard time...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010
GT Member

The bolt on JBA's under mine came from Ebay, new in the box for 160+40 S&H. Mufflers should pass inspections. Most have CARB #'s.

Obama whines that we don't build stuff like the Hoover Dam anymore. With his EPA in charge nothing CAN get built.....ANYMORE!

If you put the Obama administration in charge of the Sahara desert they would find a way to run out of sand in a year....-ME!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I can have a shop bend up a set of true duals for a V6 for $350.

you should not be paying that much for a set of mufflers.

your best bet is to find a set you like and then just swap the mufflers out yourself in your driveway.

or if you don't want to do that, a shop shouldn't charge more than $100 or so to swap them for you if you provide the mufflers.

2015 Oxford White GT Manual Transmission
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Manual Transmission - Sold.
2012 Grabber Blue V6 - T-boned and totaled.
2008 Performance White V6 - SOLD!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

so i think im gonna go with the pypes violator axle back kit, i can get it for about $250.00 with shipping and install it myself..hopefulyy i can do it within the next couple months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page