2010-11 mustang spoiler on 05-09? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Question 2010-11 mustang spoiler on 05-09?

Hi, I remember seeing a post on here somewhere about someone who was tossing around the idea of adding the 2010-11 mustang accessory spoiler to their 05-09. I dont remember how old that post was so I just want to see if anybody has tried it yet. I know there were some concern about the spoiler not fitting the form of the trunk but some said that it would flex into place. Anyway I was just curious about the idea so if anybody has done it or tried it please let me know and post pics if you got em!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AR3Z-6344210-CA-2T.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	105449  

2010, GT Premium, Grabber blue, Electronics package, 5 speed, 3.73s, AR LTH's, Catted X-Pipe, 3" exhaust, Bassani mufflers, Airaid CAI, SCT tune, Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter, Performance clutch, Boss 302 Front/rear Fascia, H&R SS drop springs, DIY Boss grille, Gold 19" SVE rims, Custom hood stripe, matte black roof, Roush rocker splitters, Ford Racing tow hook kit, and SIGNED BY VAUGHN GITTIN JR!

SOON: Front adjustable splitter, RTR rear splitter, BOOST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

i would say no, i tried to see how an 05-09 would look on mine and it didnt match the contour of the car. I would say stop by your dealer and see if they can have the part shipped to them if it is in stock at their warehouse and will cost no money to you. n see from there but there is assembly required. to put the spoiler itself together.

2011 Black GT Premium
Auto, 401A, Shaker 1000, Comfort Package,
18 inch rims, 50/50 Window Tint, Mrt
Rear hinged window louvers, 5.0 Flowmaster
American Thunders.
Boss Quad Exhaust
Ordered 2/9/10
Arrived 4/29/10
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Trunk lids aren't the same.

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

I know the trunks arent the same I just wanted to see if anybody had tried to make them fit...

2010, GT Premium, Grabber blue, Electronics package, 5 speed, 3.73s, AR LTH's, Catted X-Pipe, 3" exhaust, Bassani mufflers, Airaid CAI, SCT tune, Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter, Performance clutch, Boss 302 Front/rear Fascia, H&R SS drop springs, DIY Boss grille, Gold 19" SVE rims, Custom hood stripe, matte black roof, Roush rocker splitters, Ford Racing tow hook kit, and SIGNED BY VAUGHN GITTIN JR!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

I like the new pedestal spoilers too, and wouldn't mind one on my car. I bet they fit because the trunk width is the same. Obviously a few new holes would need to be made but I don't see WHY it wouldn't fit.

2005 GT Premium - Mineral Grey 5-speed MT
Vortech Supercharged - Steeda Billet LCAs, Steeda UCA, UPR adj. Panhard bar, FRPP K-member brace, GT500 Strut Tower Brace, Walbro 255lph Dual pump, FRPP 39# injectors, AIS Water/Meth Injection, Ported Throttle Body. 440rwhp / 406rwtq
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

@ ModularMuscle- Thats exactly what I was thinking?!? I dont see why its not possible. I think the new trunks may have a little more curve to them but like I read on another thread, the spoilers are flexible and would more than likely just flex into place.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
I posted this a few weeks ago.
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...it-2010-a.html

2007 Mustang Gt Alloy Grey. 5 Speed, Cool Intake, Sequential Lights.
Magnaflow Exhaust, Viper Alarm w/ Remote Start, Eleanor Grille, GT500 Spoiler,Shorty Antenna.
Shaker 1000 w/ Sirius satellite,Heated Leather Seats,Tinted front and side running lights.
Lowered on 20 inch Niche F-18 Rims.

Ex wife not allowed in car....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page