My 2010 Mustang GT is in the shop! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

My 2010 Mustang GT is in the shop!

OK, I got in my car yesterday morning, dpressed the clutch pedal, turned the key and.....nothing. Everything powered up but no crank-up. I pumped the clutch pedal a few times and it started. When I left work, the same thing happened. Got the car to start with a few pumps of the clutch pedal. I got to the Ford dealer where the car promptly refused to start. Couldn't even get it to start after pumping the clutch pedal. My un-official diagnosis is a faulty neutral kill switch thingy. There is a little switch under the dash that is depressed by the clutch pedal arm that lets you start the car after you've pressed the clutch pedal in. Car is only 5 weeks old! We haven't even made the first payment yet! Hopefully its a simple fix.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Likely just the clutch pedal position sensor.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010
Rookie
S197 Member

I have the same problem with my car... Mine had to do with the rubber washer/plastic cap that the pedal bounces off of when depressed.... It was too thick... :

2010 Ford Mustang GT 5MT - Kona Blue

Mods: Muffler Delete - Clear Bra - Custom Matte Black Stripes - 20% Tint - Eibach Pro-Kit - Steeda Rear Sway Bar - GT 500 Steering Wheel - Pedestal Spoiler - Infinity Component Speakers

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chutoyy View Post
I have the same problem with my car... Mine had to do with the rubber washer/plastic cap that the pedal bounces off of when depressed.... It was too thick... :
Did they fix it properly? Everything working OK now?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010
Rookie
S197 Member

I fixed it myself...

You can either take that piece off, but you will hear a thunk every time you clutch in...

or on the clutch pedal bar there's a little piece of metal that is about 1"x1" just bend that piece about 1mm towards the front of the car... problem solved; for me anyway.

(Don't bend it too much or else pedal travel may be affected)

2010 Ford Mustang GT 5MT - Kona Blue

Mods: Muffler Delete - Clear Bra - Custom Matte Black Stripes - 20% Tint - Eibach Pro-Kit - Steeda Rear Sway Bar - GT 500 Steering Wheel - Pedestal Spoiler - Infinity Component Speakers
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
dly
Apprentice

The neutral safety switch takes about 10 minutes to change. If your car won't start because of this, just jumper the 2 wires that go to the back of this switch and it will fire the engine up. But be careful, cuz the car can now start in gear without depressing the clutch. Only to be used in emergency .

dly
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chutoyy View Post
I fixed it myself...

You can either take that piece off, but you will hear a thunk every time you clutch in...

or on the clutch pedal bar there's a little piece of metal that is about 1"x1" just bend that piece about 1mm towards the front of the car... problem solved; for me anyway.

(Don't bend it too much or else pedal travel may be affected)
Got the car back today. They told me the switch needed to be "adjusted". Its funny that you posted this because when they told me this, I immediately pictured a tech under the dash with a hammer banging that little metal clutch piece forward. Everything seems to be working well so out of sight, out of mind I guess.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

wonder if this is going to be a common problem with the 2010s mine does this every once in a while but it always starts on the second try.....

97 GT. RIP (thrown rod). Now back from the dead

2010 GT black on black security package accent trim. Delivered 26 APRIL 10
C&L cold air w/tune, BBK shoties, flow master axel back, STEEDA UDPs, Ford Racing 3.73s
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Still starts. Everything seems to be back to normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page